new band: Walking Papers (featuring M.McCready)

Comments

• jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    So, after talking to the guys at our local record shop on this past Tuesday, I found out they pushed back the release date to 10/16, as we all know now. So, I went to the Barrett Martin site and ordered from there for $10 (+$3 for shipping).

So, I get home from my kids cc meet today & guess what my wonderful mail carrier had left for me in my mail box. Yep, you guessed it! The new Walking Papers cd! I can't wait to start listening to it! Thank you to the record company and all involved in getting that out ASAP! And btw, it's a digipack case. I don't know if that's what they sold at the shows or if its what will be in stores on the 16th.

Off I go now to listen!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    jason_94 wrote:
    And btw, it's a digipack case. I don't know if that's what they sold at the shows or if its what will be in stores on the 16th.

The copy I received from their Seattle show was digi pack.

uGNuW.jpg?1

gmPGw.jpg?1

Will it be any different for those sold @ the stores?
  • dufferduffer Posts: 135
    It says on the web site that it is a six page digi pack ! I cant wait to get it even though I downloaded it from amazon ! nothing like having a physical copy in your hand !Its a fantastic album
    Sat drinking wine
  • I pre-ordered it from Amazon. I can hardly wait to get it! :D
    Mine looks just like D's above. I thought I read somewhere the discs at the shows were like the ones above & the ones in the stores were the standard kind.

As long as they sound the same, I'm good!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    jason_94 wrote:
    Mine looks just like D's above. I thought I read somewhere the discs at the shows were like the ones above & the ones in the stores were the standard kind.

I might have to pick up one of those standard kind discs too. Still no word if they will release the album on vinyl.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    demetrios wrote:
    jason_94 wrote:

I might have to pick up one of those standard kind discs too. Still no word if they will release the album on vinyl.

yeah, I'm going to have to do that as well. I'm a little surprised that is isn't on vinyl. I'd love to ask them in person if there's a chance.
    kramer73 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    jason_94 wrote:

yeah, I'm going to have to do that as well. I'm a little surprised that is isn't on vinyl. I'd love to ask them in person if there's a chance.

I've posted on their Facebook page, but no answer. Sent out an email, again, no answer .. about a vinyl release. Sooner or later it'll get released on vinyl. We can always depend on those Euro bootleg colored released manufactured companies, right? :P
    edited October 2012
    Well, I listened to the disc a few times over the weekend. I really liked it. I thought it was very good! Hopefully they do some Mid-West US tour dates too.

Not that my opinion means very much, I do recommend getting it and giving it a listen!
    Post edited by jason_94 on
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    My apologies to joely_91. I forgot to give him props & thanks for directing me to the Barrett Martin site to order the disc.

Thanks joely_91!!! :clap: :thumbup:
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    My favorite song off the record has to be Already Dead. That haunting guitar riff in the beginning gives me goosebumps. Vocals a match made in heaven on this one.

Crossing fingers they can make a few Canadian stops after they come back from Europe.
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    jason_94 wrote:
    My apologies to joely_91. I forgot to give him props & thanks for directing me to the Barrett Martin site to order the disc.

Thanks joely_91!!! :clap: :thumbup:

No problem! Glad your enjoying the cd, this album hasnt left my cd player in my car yet!
    demetrios wrote:
    My favorite song off the record has to be Already Dead. That haunting guitar riff in the beginning gives me goosebumps. Vocals a match made in heaven on this one.

Crossing fingers they can make a few Canadian stops after they come back from Europe.

Definitely is one of my favourites to! Its funny you mention the vocals because a lot of people i've read are saying it would be a better album if the vocals were better! Having never heard Jeff Angell before i was pretty blown away by the rawness of his vocals, i dont even know if thats the right description for them hah!
    joely_91 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Definitely is one of my favourites to! Its funny you mention the vocals because a lot of people i've read are saying it would be a better album if the vocals were better! Having never heard Jeff Angell before i was pretty blown away by the rawness of his vocals, i dont even know if thats the right description for them hah!

I thought the vocals on the record were pretty good. I've only heard a few clips on YouTube from their live show's. Hopefully find some live bootlegs to listen to.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    I listened to the song samples on Amazon and it sounds pretty good to me. I'm pre ordering the CD right now.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    demetrios wrote:
    I thought the vocals on the record were pretty good. I've only heard a few clips on YouTube from their live show's. Hopefully find some live bootlegs to listen to.

The only complete show I could find is the jet city stream from youtube and possibly an almost complete one from that benefit for heroes. Was hoping a few would have been recorded and surfaced.
    joely_91 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

The only complete show I could find is the jet city stream from youtube and possibly an almost complete one from that benefit for heroes. Was hoping a few would have been recorded and surfaced.

I gotta check those out later tonight. Haven't seen any audio / torrents shared in the trading community. Hopefully on tour a few of those show's get taped. Would love to heard it. Crossing fingers these guy's get to open for Pearl Jam next year for a few show's.
  • Got me my ticket for 100 club Nov 11th, one happy boy :D

Havnt managed to get a copy of album yet, anyone know how many tracks Mike plays on. any chance he'll come over here in Nov ?

Sorry if this has already been covered i'm too lazy to look back :corn: ;)
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
    Got me my ticket for 100 club Nov 11th, one happy boy :D

Havnt managed to get a copy of album yet, anyone know how many tracks Mike plays on. any chance he'll come over here in Nov ?

Sorry if this has already been covered i'm too lazy to look back :corn: ;)

Think Mike plays on two tracks,'The whole worlds watching' and 'I'll stick around'. Its a fantastic album,pretty much all Ive listened to since I got it.
    Sat drinking wine
  • Cheers for the info :thumbup:
    Hyde Park 250610
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Berlin '02' 040712
    So, has everyone gone out & picked up this disc yet?

I love this disc & I can't stop listening to it!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
  • Lovin the 'whole worlds watching' on jet city stream.

Drumming kicks arse :corn: :twisted:
    Hyde Park 250610
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Berlin '02' 040712
    Just want to thank Jonny for pointing out this band in the first place,went to see them on Monday and they are amazing !Go and buy the album you wont regret it.They were so cool coming out after the show to sign stuff and chat,had a great night.
    Thanks Jonny
    Sat drinking wine
    SiriusXM just played a new song from their 2nd album coming soon titled My Luck Pushed Back. It's pretty freaking sweet!
    Yes, its finally coming out - the 2nd Walking Papers album titled, "WP2", will be out in late January. Featuring the same line up as before: Jeff Angell, Duff McKagan, Ben Anderson, and myself.  We've signed to a label and they have this Pledge thing where you can get all kinds of different things: Downloads, CDs, Vinyl, Artwork, T-Shirts, Comic Books, Signed Guitars, and even a listening party with the band in a Seattle studio. Its all here below....

edited November 2017
    http://teamrock.com/news/2017-11-14/walking-papers-featuring-duff-mckagan-announce-new-album-wp2

Duff McKagan announce new album WP2

by Scott Munro

Walking Papers featuring Duff McKagan, Jefferson Angell, Benjamin Anderson and Barrett Martin will release their new album WP2 in January - watch teaser trailer

Walking Papers have announced that their new album titled WP2 will be released early next year.

The band features Duff McKagan of Guns N’ Roses, The Missionary Position’s Jefferson Angell and Benjamin Anderson, along with former Screaming Trees man Barrett Martin.

The record is scheduled to arrive on January 19 via Loud & Proud Records and is now available to pre-order via PledgeMusic.

Angell says: “This record has exceeded my expectations of what I thought that might be. It perfectly captures the raw, explosive energy of a band primed from extensive touring while at the same time achieving the polish and elevation that comes from experimenting in the studio.

“Walking Papers is happier than a tornado in a trailer park to have our second record see the light of day via Loud & Proud Records.

“It’s been a white-knuckled nail-biter since its conception, and we are pleased to have Tom and Madelyn behind the wheel as we make our way to the delivery room!”

To mark the announcement, the band have released a short video teaser which can be watched below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl40vpUmJcs

Walking Papers WP2 tracklist

1. My Luck Pushed Back
    2. Death On The Lips
    3. Red & White
    4. Somebody Else
    5. Yours Completely
    6. Hard To Look Away
    7. Before You Arrived
    8. Don’t Owe Me Nothin’
    9. This Is How It Ends
    10. I Know You’re Lying
    11. Into The Truth

What's this garbage?!?

Something has come between us.

Sadly due to licensing restrictions this release is not available in your country.

We've detected your country as: Canada

:|

This discussion has been closed.