Any Hockey Players Here?

2»

Comments

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    vant0037 wrote:
    eddiec wrote:
    I played competitively from age 5 to 21. Finished up at U of Delaware. At 5'9" 160lb, I was glad I made it that far. I've lived in Ireland for the last 8 years, the country without an ice rink, so although I have my skates with me they don't get used any more.

Nice! What years did you play? I'll look you up on uscho.com! :D

We weren't D1. It's a D1 school but we played in the ACHA. Probably on par with D3. Penn St is moving from ACHA to D1 this year, they were our rivals for years. I played 91-95. Go Blue Hens! ;)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I still play.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    vant0037 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    In college I dated our hockey team's goalie....all I really remember from that relationship is the team having to dump their gear in the foyer of our dorm building because there was some issue with the locker room and him having to shower like 3 times after every game/practice...

I've never smelled anything worse in my life :sick:

Thus endeth the relationship :lol:

Why the hate on the goalie? :fp:

Because its usually the goalie's fault...

...and she probably ended the relationship because as everyone knows, kickers, horse jockeys, relief pitchers, parking meter attendants, college dorm residence hall advisors, guys named "Joel," people who wear turtle necks, wedding DJs and goalies are all fucking weirdos.

Sorry!

I know some Joes who are fucking weirdos too...but in a good way!

( referring to me! )
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    vant0037 wrote:
    ...and she probably ended the relationship because as everyone knows, kickers, horse jockeys, relief pitchers, parking meter attendants, college dorm residence hall advisors, guys named "Joel," people who wear turtle necks, wedding DJs and goalies are all fucking weirdos.

Sorry!

That's true.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,679
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Got as far as High school hockey, now its the beer league. Took alot of yrs to realize the beer league is for fun and we aren't trying to make the NHL anymore :lol::lol::lol: But very hard to switch that competitive mode off and play for fun.
    I play with an edge :twisted:
    I find it impossible to play hockey without an edge...very few guys can laugh off a shoving match in front of the net...I still take numbers and wait for a chance for a slash to the calf, or a little butt-end to the ribs :lol:

Very true, I just try to not seriously hurt anyone. I play in a non contact league, but nothing wrong with a little rubbing out along the boards. The hard part is catching these young 20 yr old guys that can fly down the ice, I can't catch them anymore :lol: too fast. But if I could hit them, would be a different story :twisted:

Gotta throw this out there as well, our goalie's nick name is Mittens :lol::lol: love it
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    in my younger years i was pretty decent..played alotof roller becasue we had the only rink in nyc across the street from our apt .

hence my love for the game started then

ice not so much because being in nyc ..their were no rinks besides one (but that had to be rented out and usually the only times available were 11pm or 12am

havent been on skates in a goof 3-4 years

highlight of my career

had 2 goals and 5 assists in a championship game including an empty net goal ..... (mind u i played defense most of my life )
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Got as far as High school hockey, now its the beer league. Took alot of yrs to realize the beer league is for fun and we aren't trying to make the NHL anymore :lol::lol::lol: But very hard to switch that competitive mode off and play for fun.
    I play with an edge :twisted:
    I find it impossible to play hockey without an edge...very few guys can laugh off a shoving match in front of the net...I still take numbers and wait for a chance for a slash to the calf, or a little butt-end to the ribs :lol:

ah u brought up a goofd point

in my late teens early 20's we tried to play in a non contact league ...needless to say my game is based on taking the body because iam not the fastest guy by any means (as a d-man taking the body is a must )

after 2 games of being embarassed by yuppies with roller blades we left the league ( not before laying the wood in the 3rd period of the last game ) 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I played in a town league as a teen - wasn't good enough to make the high school team. Played rec leagues for a while and thinking about lacing the skates back up now that I work near a huge arena complex.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I played in a town league as a teen - wasn't good enough to make the high school team. Played rec leagues for a while and thinking about lacing the skates back up now that I work near a huge arena complex.

I see a Disney movie in the works

Am I played by Emilio Estevez?

ofcourse not, Sam Rockwell

e0192388_122658.jpg

he doesnt look like you, but he's a damn fine actor

ofcourse not, Sam Rockwell

e0192388_122658.jpg

:lol::lol:

I get this guy a lot... he'll have to workout more for the role though.

150px-Jason_Statham_2007.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Last time I played ice hockey was 8th grade in Boston. Played street hockey all the time in MD along with a rollerblade league for 1 year. now here in South FL i'll pull out my skates a couple times a year just to see what i have left.

Now I most rollerblade around our lake and shoot in our very long driveway. Knee and ankle are just about shot to seriously play anymore.. :(

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

e0192388_122658.jpg

:lol::lol:

I get this guy a lot... he'll have to workout more for the role though.

150px-Jason_Statham_2007.jpg[/quote]

Now i'll never unsee it :shock:, maybe well go animated
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Like Neily, played in roller leagues in High School and then LATE LATE night at the Queens Ice Rink in Flushing... Had a blast but was piss poor at it.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Like Neily, played in roller leagues in High School and then LATE LATE night at the Queens Ice Rink in Flushing... Had a blast but was piss poor at it.

You must look like this guy out there...

zdeno_chara_pictures_932.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

You must look like this guy out there...

zdeno_chara_pictures_932.jpg
    More like this guy...
    cheatpads.png
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Gotta throw this out there as well, our goalie's nick name is Mittens :lol::lol: love it
    Best goalie nickname ever! :lol:

ah u brought up a goofd point

in my late teens early 20's we tried to play in a non contact league ...needless to say my game is based on taking the body because iam not the fastest guy by any means (as a d-man taking the body is a must )

after 2 games of being embarassed by yuppies with roller blades we left the league ( not before laying the wood in the 3rd period of the last game ) 8-)
    Totally agree with you both about contact.....It is REALLY hard to re-train yourself NOT to take the body when playing defense….that’s all I heard for years growing up…”don’t even look at the puck, look at the crest of his jersey…follow it and take the man”….then you start men’s league, and it’s “poke check the guy trying to take you wide….don’t even get in his way or you’ll be penalized”…..Ive been in the top two or three in PIM on my team every year :lol: ….Defense becomes WAY more about the angles in non-contact. Tho every once in a while, you pretty much have to rub someone out along the boards ;)