When you see a misspelling.

2»

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    DS1119 wrote:
    Speel your own checkering asshole

Thet is defiantley misspeled. :lol:

Which word? I could add an "ou" to it an it would be correct. Spoul your ouwn choueckering asshoule. Better?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    Speel your own checkering asshole

Thet is defiantley misspeled. :lol:

Which word? I could add an "ou" to it an it would be correct. Spoul your ouwn choueckering asshoule. Better?

100 pecrent bettre! :lol:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    DS1119 wrote:

You can't even spell percent right. It's spelled % you douchenozzle.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    DS1119 wrote:
    Kan't we all just get a long? :lol:
    :lol:
    ... this has become weird. These pm's I'm getting are crazy.

DS, you're being a rat fuck again - go to sleep! :lol:
    Too hot to sleep here. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    DS1119 wrote:

You can't even spell percent right. It's spelled % you douchenozzle.

Eye trie. Speeling aint my bezt subjekt! :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Kan't we all just get a long? :lol:
    ... this has become weird. These pm's I'm getting are crazy.

DS, you're being a rat fuck again - go to sleep! :lol:
    Too hot to sleep here. :(

Nah...satnz futon is okae. He likez to break balszz. :lol:
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Funny misspelling story.

I was arriving at work and someone had double parked in the space I normally park in, which is a pet peeve of mine, so I parked as close to them as I could, because I'm an asshole. Came out after work to find a note on my car going off on me for parking between the lines, the note ended by calling me an IDOT.

This was probably about 5 years ago and my wife still calls me an IDOT all the time.

Could care less/couldn't care less is as common as WTF and OMG here in the states. Bananas has long been a euphemism for crazy.
    #FHP
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    If we are talking about spelling and usage mistakes here on the board
    that doesn't bother me at all. I think most often that is only an oversight.

I'm listening and taking in the content of what people say...
    bothers me much more when people are rude or don't like someone because their opinion is
    different than their own. That can ruin my day.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,856
    81 wrote:
    what teh baby said.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Horos wrote:
    Funny misspelling story.

I was arriving at work and someone had double parked in the space I normally park in, which is a pet peeve of mine, so I parked as close to them as I could, because I'm an asshole. Came out after work to find a note on my car going off on me for parking between the lines, the note ended by calling me an IDOT.

This was probably about 5 years ago and my wife still calls me an IDOT all the time.

81 wrote:
    :fp: :oops:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • It drives me fucking bonkers! That and comma usage!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    When I see a pattern of mistakes from people, it makes me wonder if they are careless or just lacking in education and memory for details. Either way, it's not very appealing. :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    When I see a pattern of mistakes from people, it makes me wonder if they are careless or just lacking in education or memory for details. Either way, it's not very appealing. :?
    I post from my phone a lot (don't have a PC at home), so i get lots of predictive text errors, and sometimes it's more trouble to correct them on that tiny screen than it's worth. Not my fault, don't blame me!! ;)
    But there is still NO excuse for the your/you're thing. :evil:
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    justam wrote:
    When I see a pattern of mistakes from people, it makes me wonder if they are careless or just lacking in education or memory for details. Either way, it's not very appealing. :?
    I post from my phone a lot (don't have a PC at home), so i get lots of predictive text errors, and sometimes it's more trouble to correct them on that tiny screen than it's worth. Not my fault, don't blame me!! ;)

I still need to keep working on then and than!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Come again
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    justam wrote:

:fp: :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    justam wrote:

Oh, and then there is the extreme problem people seem to be having with apostrophes (or is that apostrophe's? :roll:).
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,682
    I still have trouble with:

dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) and
    dichlorodiphenyldichloroethylene (DDE).

I know I shouldn't make excuses for things like this but you do have to admit they look a lot alike. Throw in dichlorodifluoromethane and you're really asking for some spelling trouble.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_Soul wrote:
    Oh, and then there is the extreme problem people seem to be having with apostrophes (or is that apostrophe's? :roll:).

Yes indeed... I have problems with them at times...
  • brianlux wrote:

I know I shouldn't make excuses for things like this but you do have to admit they look a lot alike. Throw in dichlorodifluoromethane and you're really asking for some spelling trouble.

DDT is acceptable... I mean, it's not... but, fuck it.
    brianlux wrote:

DDT is acceptable... I mean, it's not... but, fuck it.

That's how I always looked at it- "fuck it". :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Seriously though- the ones that get me are the ones with repeated letters like:

accommodate
    embarrassment
    occasionally etc.

I can tell when they look wrong but I still have to check. Crazy making. :fp:

• brianlux wrote:
    Seriously though- the ones that get me are the ones with repeated letters like:

accommodate
    embarrassment
    occasionally etc.

I can tell when they look wrong but I still have to check. Crazy making. :fp:

Spelling has always been one of my stronger points... my mother had me start reading and spelling a year before other children learned at school.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Om Remedy wrote:
    Can you continue with the sentence, or do you have to figure out the right spelling?

Figure it out.....or find a different word
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23