Checking in to say hello....

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Well, we're leaving tomorrow! It was great seeing all of our family in KS, but we're excited to hit the road tomorrow! First stop will be in Denver, then we'll stay in Twin Falls/Boise on Saturday....and we'll arrive in Portland on Sunday. (or Monday ;))

Just wanted to say hi & thanks for all of the good wishes!!

Matt
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :wave:

Safe travels.
  • Stop by the Shoshone falls in Twin Falls when you go through. The Canyon just past the falls is where Evil Kenivel crashed his rocket into the Snake river. The falls are called the Niagra of the west.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • LH255703LH255703 Posts: 112
    Have a really nice trip :P
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    safe travels.enjoy
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :wave: be safe out there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    Be good Matt

Safe travels
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Holler at us once you get in!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Can't wait to see you next week!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Enjoy the drive Matt, it is a beautiful one!! Best of luck with the move!

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Stop by the Shoshone falls in Twin Falls when you go through. The Canyon just past the falls is where Evil Kenivel crashed his rocket into the Snake river. The falls are called the Niagra of the west.

Crossed that bridge just a few days ago and told my wife about ol' Evil Kenivel. As we're crossing that monstrous chasm she says "what the fuck was he thinking?" :lol:

People jump off the bridge in the middle to commit suicide thinking they'll fall all the way to the bottom but half the time the winds are so strong they get smashed against the cliffs before they get there... Pleasant thought for the day.
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Well, we're leaving tomorrow! It was great seeing all of our family in KS, but we're excited to hit the road tomorrow! First stop will be in Denver, then we'll stay in Twin Falls/Boise on Saturday....and we'll arrive in Portland on Sunday. (or Monday ;))

Matt

Boise looks like a shithole from the Interstate. C'mon into the downtown area and you'll see why it's one of the hidden gems of the west.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Snakeduck wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Matt

Boise looks like a shithole from the Interstate. C'mon into the downtown area and you'll see why it's one of the hidden gems of the west.

True

boise.opri-55078-mid.jpg
  • Have a safe trip! Sounds like fun. Keep us posted...
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Have a safe trip!!!!! :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Gotta love western KS...the land of nothing
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    The best is when you hit the Gorge east of Portland and how rapidly everything changes.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Hi!!!!

Be safe!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Go Beavers wrote:
    The best is when you hit the Gorge east of Portland and how rapidly everything changes.

Yeah, western Oregon isn't much to drive through... for the most part. And the speeding limit! My god how can people drive so slow?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Snakeduck wrote:
    People jump off the bridge in the middle to commit suicide thinking they'll fall all the way to the bottom but half the time the winds are so strong they get smashed against the cliffs before they get there... Pleasant thought for the day.

really? ok, back to the golden gate plans :think:
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

Yeah, western Oregon isn't much to drive through... for the most part. And the speeding limit! My god how can people drive so slow?

I like that people go slower. Then I go visit my folks in Indiana and I'm like 'Jesus H, I'm in a effing nascar race.'
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

I like that people go slower. Then I go visit my folks in Indiana and I'm like 'Jesus H, I'm in a effing nascar race.'

Crossing into Oregon from Idaho, going 84 to having to drive 65 (your cops take it seriously) is just a momentum killer. I'm like - I CAN RUN THIS FAST!!!
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Safe travels Matt!! :D:D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

at least they aren't 'left lane campers' :x I can't stand it when there is a bunch of traffic in the right 2 lanes and some asshat decides, "I'm just gonna cruise at 50 in the left lane"

I want to go FASTER! get outta my way!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Very exciting to make such a big move, eh?

Best of luck, and safe travels!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Safe travels, Matt! :wave: :wave:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Wishing you the best on your move ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    :wave: Have a safe and enjoyable journey!
    ELITIST FUK
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    staying in Denver tonight...love this city. onto Idaho tomorrow! :D thanks for the good wishes...so far, so good!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    staying in Denver tonight...love this city. onto Idaho tomorrow! :D thanks for the good wishes...so far, so good!

say 'hi' to that snakeduck character for me will ya?

- Christopher McCandless