Options

Gone, Thank you :)

dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
edited August 2012 in Lost Dogs
I have a friend who prefers to trade his McFarlane mint condition bought from ebay from Maxx242 sale.
Here are a few things he is looking for. He is also considering selling it for his purchase price of $265 (plus shipping.. **I think, Ill have to verify the shipping included part**)

Obviously some items are valued more one way or another. This is why Im listing for him. He asked me if I can work out a deal from his wish list and I said I would. Knowing him, Im sure this list will grow so if you have some thing you'd like to trade send me a PM. Ill pass info along and try and make every one happy. Thanks guys :D

Here's what he's looking for.

World Peace :D ... (forgot to add this one, Thx Dave ;) )
PJ20 Billboard print
Binaural
Riot Act
Rear view Mirror
Lost Dogs
Yield
LO2L
98 Yield Virgin Mega store POSTER
19647:1439.jpg

2004 Show box Klausen AP
19647:77744.jpg

2010 Bridge School AP S/N
19647:169203.jpg

2010 MSG A/P
19647:160275.jpg

2011 PJ20 Klausen Variant/ or regular AP
19647:186820.jpg

2011 PJ20 Ames AP/ Or Variant
19647:190426.jpg

2012 Pearl Jam Belgium 12 Stout / Soto
19647:203630.jpg
Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    what, no world peace on your friend's wishlist as well? That's a mighty fine wishlist there Donman! Good luck to your friend! He/She should be grateful he/she at least has a mint McFarlane S/N poster period considering the debacle Spawn created LOL
  • Options
    what, no world peace on your friend's wishlist as well? That's a mighty fine wishlist there Donman! Good luck to your friend! He/She should be grateful he/she at least has a mint McFarlane S/N poster period considering the debacle Spawn created LOL

Tell me about it. Todd sold all the odd numbers and maxx got even. It amazes me on how people can take care of posters in this way. Well dont amaze me that much considering Ive seen the people who most likely did the rolling.

They dont care about no one but themselves. Funny thing is I DID warn them to be careful and to wear white gloves. I told them the way Pearl Jam fans love the posters and expect them mint. I dont think they took me seriously.

Every one in the 10 club should ban togeather and send emails just saying how horrible they handled this opportunity.

Sorry Dave. :(
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    no worries for me as my heart bleeds for the potential 100 customers who dropped $140+ for a banged up poster where it could have been easily avoidable
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Great price for an AP poster that is becoming rarer and rarer by the day.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 295
    Pm sent
  • Options
    Still available? Can you send me a pm because I'm on my phone and can't pm. I'll be on a plane around 930 pm est
  • Options
    RansomPTD wrote:
    Pm sent

PM sent
  • Options
    Still available? Can you send me a pm because I'm on my phone and can't pm. I'll be on a plane around 930 pm est

PM sent
  • Options
    BUMP

Please some one just buy this. I think I made a mistake offering to act as a mediator for this poster :(
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 295
    dwhite76 wrote:
    BUMP

Please some one just buy this. I think I made a mistake offering to act as a mediator for this poster :(

PM sent
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    dwhite76 wrote:
    BUMP

:lol:
    Peddle that thing Don!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    BUMP

Peddle that thing Don!

I should of known I was in trouble when the guy emailed me his want list. :shock: I only listed 1/4 of the list
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    "dwhite76 wrote:
    I should of known I was in trouble when the guy emailed me his want list. :shock: I only listed 1/4 of the list

you shouldve known you were in trouble when a guy drops 265+shipping on ebay and has buyers remorse a few days later and wants to flip it or trade it for something better.

most of the prints you listed for him, most people probably wouldn't do 1-for-1 (with the exception of the stout/soto). may have made your life easier if you listed the other 3/4 of the list (unless you posted only the ones you thought you could make a deal for him...if thats the case, the other 3/4 of the list must be insane wants :o ).

and i'll never understand why so many people here sell/trade things for other people. why cant they just post themselves? wouldnt it be easier instead of going through a middle man?
  • Options
    FrankBauer wrote:
    "dwhite76 wrote:

you shouldve known you were in trouble when a guy drops 265+shipping on ebay and has buyers remorse a few days later and wants to flip it or trade it for something better.

most of the prints you listed for him, most people probably wouldn't do 1-for-1 (with the exception of the stout/soto). may have made your life easier if you listed the other 3/4 of the list (unless you posted only the ones you thought you could make a deal for him...if thats the case, the other 3/4 of the list must be insane wants :o ).

and i'll never understand why so many people here sell/trade things for other people. why cant they just post themselves? wouldnt it be easier instead of going through a middle man?
    [/quote][/quote]

I understand what ur saying. I told him some of the things hes looking for may need some cash added with the spawn poster. I wouldnt say hes flipping. He paid 265 & and wants to trade it.

The reason I agreed to is hes not a member. The other items are smaller things like Shirts,hats and the odds of making a deal in that aspect would be a head ache.

I think its smart to ask some one who has more knowlage in a subject & has more credit than have his 1st.post be trading this.

You guys would eat him alive :lol:
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    dwhite76 wrote:

The reason I agreed to is hes not a member. The other items are smaller things like Shirts,hats and the odds of making a deal in that aspect would be a head ache.

I think its smart to ask some one who has more knowlage in a subject & has more credit than have his 1st.post be trading this.

those smaller things like hats/shirt would actually be perfect to add on the deal with the stout. you probably got alot of offers from people wanting to trade the stout straightup...an extra shirt/hat etc may be needed to even out the deal a little more...

if your friend wanted those other prints, he probably couldve found 'em on ebay or EB. no reason to spend 265+shipping on the spawn just to trade it when he probably couldve easily dropped 3 bills to get the bridge AP, or DK AP, or even the showbox AP. feel like a price drop will happen with the this print as soon as 10c releases the 1st editions, so may not have been a great investment for him...
  • Options
    FrankBauer wrote:
    dwhite76 wrote:

those smaller things like hats/shirt would actually be perfect to add on the deal with the stout. you probably got alot of offers from people wanting to trade the stout straightup...an extra shirt/hat etc may be needed to even out the deal a little more...

if your friend wanted those other prints, he probably couldve found 'em on ebay or EB. no reason to spend 265+shipping on the spawn just to trade it when he probably couldve easily dropped 3 bills to get the bridge AP, or DK AP, or even the showbox AP. feel like a price drop will happen with the this print as soon as 10c releases the 1st editions, so may not have been a great investment for him...

Sorry I tried to amend this thread using my phone. guess it didnt take. But I had added that the reason he is trying to trade the poster is because (this is what he told me) He got caught up in the hype and bought it off ebay thinking he would buy it before it reached $300. He got the poster and was not impressed with it. He also told me it was way to big and would never frame it. I then told him the Soto/Stout poster is just as big and he then told me to cross that poster off the list.

I dont want to feel like I have to defend myself helping another 10 club member out. If this deal offends you I'll take it down and figure some thing else out.

This poster cost $125 all the other posters cost less. So in a way if you bought the poster from the artist you are making out. You cant talk about him flipping the poster if he is just looking for a trade. I guess its all a personal thing the way you interpret flipping.

I cant see this poster ever dropping lower than $260. I mean there are most likely less than 150 mint singed & numbered copies. Once about 100 of them are framed that will leave 50 or less to be traded or sold in the future. So Im guessing this is a great print to hold onto for future trades. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    dwhite76 wrote:
    [q I guess its all a personal thing the way you interpret flipping.
    nothing to do with the thread,OP,the guy want to trade,sell this what ever..
    its good u wanmt to help a friend
    its my comment in general...just a thought here..

buy a poster 30$ at a show sale it next day here 250$ all says is a flipper
    buy a poster 30$ at a show trade it next day here with 250$ item at the market most says is not..cos its a trade and someone else its ok with the trade,so all ok..no flipping,let people do what they want..

well..its both the same flipping for me...cos you want to make a profit in both cases..
    1st money,2nd trade your 30$ for an item was already had a high value at the market..
    the only thing i liked to Sawyer is that he had the balls not to hide he is a flipper under the trade umbrella(called strategy as he used to say)

i almost lost all hope that we can be better than ebay here...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:

buy a poster 30$ at a show trade it next day here with 250$ item at the market most says is not..cos its a trade and someone else its ok with the trade,so all ok..no flipping,let people do what they want..

well..its both the same flipping for me...cos you want to make a profit in both cases..
    1st money,2nd trade your 30$ for an item was already had a high value at the market..
    the only thing i liked to Sawyer is that he had the balls not to hide he is a flipper under the trade umbrella(called strategy as he used to say)

You kinda lost me with your trading it for a higher value thought. Both posters being traded for cost $30. So whats the big deal.

I know the values of the other posters. Some may have a 2nd dary value higher than the McFarlane poster and I made him aware he may have to dish out some money.

This was not a $30 poster it was originally a $125 poster that he bought for $265. So the poster has been flipped already and hes just asking for the value he paid. Just as every one else who thinks their poster is worth more than the money they paid for it.

I realy need the email to the commision that designates when the time period is ok to flip/trade a poster. Im so glad I am doing this for him because like I said if a member with 1 post put it up you guys would make it miserable.

Everything is flipped from your house to a package of pens. People will always make a profit. Why dont we bash the people who pay the over inflated prices. Well if they were over inflated prices why do people pay :?
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    You're being a good friend doing this for him. My 2 best friends are HUGE pj fans and don't frequent the boards. I know if they ever need to sell something I've got their backs. I commend your loyalty, you're doing a good thing for a friend
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    It may or may not be flipping but for me, the best way to learn from buyers remorse was to lose a few $$$. Maybe this new member needs to learn the same way and get what he can from it back on the bay instead of trying to break even on the back of a 10C member.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    dwhite76 wrote:

You kinda lost me with your trading it for a higher value thought. Both posters being traded for cost $30. So whats the big deal.

I know the values of the other posters. Some may have a 2nd dary value higher than the McFarlane poster and I made him aware he may have to dish out some money.

This was not a $30 poster it was originally a $125 poster that he bought for $265. So the poster has been flipped already and hes just asking for the value he paid. Just as every one else who thinks their poster is worth more than the money they paid for it.

I realy need the email to the commision that designates when the time period is ok to flip/trade a poster. Im so glad I am doing this for him because like I said if a member with 1 post put it up you guys would make it miserable.

Everything is flipped from your house to a package of pens. People will always make a profit. Why dont we bash the people who pay the over inflated prices. Well if they were over inflated prices why do people pay :?
    im not talking about this poster...as i already said..
    my opinion as i said already has nothing to do with your friend poster
    im not talking about ..the McFarlane poster
    .where bought it,how much bought it and etc..
    i dont post for you to explain me this trade,sale,this poster,A/P version etc..

as u saw i quote only this part :
    dwhite76 wrote:

2 things..easy to understand..

1.i buy a 30 $ poster at a show...next day i sell it 250$..profit aka fliiping
    2..i buy a 30 $ poster at a show next day i put it for trade for riot act vinyl ,a 10 years old album,in the market goes 200$.he bought the poster for do a trade with something already more expensive in the market.
    .for me is the same flipping...

thats my opinion about flipping...
    people buy flipping prices ,people take flipping offers for trades...its there choice..
    that doesnt change the fact what flipper did...

i hope u understand that i didnt post about helping a friend or another member.
    ..or for this item.
    trust me,i know exactly what helping another member means...

i post my opinion about your post that is personal the way people see flipping....

well this is my personal opinion about whatr flipping means..

good luck to your friend..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    Hmmm..... I guess I wasn't at school on the day they handed out the hard and fast rulebook on flipping...... :fp:
    Complete grey area...... Totally open to interpretation - and at the end of the day, a trend that is solely governed by the buyer and the demand for an item.
    Some items have an instant value spike upon release, others take many years to build up the demand and value - it is what it is.
    What is so different from someone buying a $100 poster and turning right around and selling it for $300 a day after the seller bought it, versus someone buying a Benny upon release for $35-$45 and then a few years later selling it to me for $1000 or more????????????????
    200% poster profit vs. 2000% Benny profit......... Posters are usually limited to 50-300 A/P's - there were 2000 Bennys.
    I want it, I'm the idiot paying the ridiculously inflated price, and therefore I am the one dictating market value and keeping prices high. God, I AM stupid!!! :fp:
    Shouldn't that "great PJ fan and board/community member" who paid less than $50 originally for a Benny, cut me a great deal in the spirit of PJ and all that is wholesome and good :? ??? NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!
    Who can say that there weren't a few savvy collectors 8 years ago who bought 2 or 3 and kept them sealed thinking "In 5-10 years I'm gonna make a killing on this!" I'm sure there were 1 or 2....... Kinda like playing the penny stocks :corn: It happens EVERY day.
    The Benny is just an example. If I bought one upon release then I would probably cut a friend a "better" deal than market value on the boards, but you have to admit that getting top dollar for your item on those auction sites is pretty tempting during these tough economic times, whether it's an 8 year old vinyl set or a 24hr old poster.... Luckily MOST vendors limit their items to 1 per customer.
    It's usually the less computer savvy people like myself, who have an inferior computer with a shitty internet connection who miss out on the sales, and then get all ass-hurt and start complaining about flippers.....
    Doesn't really matter if someone is selling or trading, cost value for cost value rarely, if ever, happens in a trade, and market value dictates how much cash or equivalent good change hands.
    People will always agree to disagree.
    Buy it or don't, but we waste a LOT of oxygen unnecessarily on "flipping" debates.
    I really wish that the word "Flipper" still took us back to that ridiculously smart and intuitive dolphin that kept saving the goofy red-headed kid's dumb ass......... but alas now, it's all about gain in one way or another.
    I do realize that the OP had nothing to do with flipping, but yet again it somehow managed to stick it's ugly little head in somewhere that it need not be.
    Luckily, Don's credibility is not at stake here because we all know that he's a great (and extremely generous) person and would do anything for any of us, so good luck with moving the poster brother! I'd do exactly the same thing for a friend!
    Cheers!

IMHO as always.
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Good luck with the trading for your buddy Don.

a lot of unnecessary comments in this thread. blah...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    ts good u wanmt to help a friend

Everything is flipped from your house to a package of pens. People will always make a profit. Why dont we bash the people who pay the over inflated prices. Well if they were over inflated prices why do people pay :?[/quote]
    im not talking about this poster...as i already said..
    my opinion as i said already has nothing to do with your friend poster
    im not talking about ..the McFarlane poster
    .where bought it,how much bought it and etc..
    i dont post for you to explain me this trade,sale,this poster,A/P version etc..

as u saw i quote only this part :
    dwhite76 wrote:

2 things..easy to understand..

1.i buy a 30 $ poster at a show...next day i sell it 250$..profit aka fliiping
    2..i buy a 30 $ poster at a show next day i put it for trade for riot act vinyl ,a 10 years old album,in the market goes 200$.he bought the poster for do a trade with something already more expensive in the market.
    .for me is the same flipping...

thats my opinion about flipping...
    people buy flipping prices ,people take flipping offers for trades...its there choice..
    that doesnt change the fact what flipper did...

i hope u understand that i didnt post about helping a friend or another member.
    ..or for this item.
    trust me,i know exactly what helping another member means...

i post my opinion about your post that is personal the way people see flipping....

well this is my personal opinion about whatr flipping means..

good luck to your friend..[/quote]

I hear you. I just didnt quiet get what the point was you were making. ;)

Im just trying to help some one obtain a item that he didnt have. I know how it works here and If I thought my buddy was out of line I would tell him. People like him should not have to worry about posting just because hes afraid to be black balled for having some thing that is popular and people (like himself) who are willing to pay more or trade a little more to obtain some thing they want.

Like I said it all comes down to what some one feels comfortable in making a deal. What you see as flipping I see as a great opertunity to get what he wants.

Im done with this thread. A deal has been struck. :fp:

Im glad we can debate on here with out getting immature :D I will always appreciate a fellow members thoughts and views. Its what makes this place great.

Thanks guys. Till next time. In T minus 5 hrs :lol:
  • Options
    Nami wrote:

Thanks its all good. I understand where evryone is comming from. People who get made at flippers are the people who missed out on the item to begin with.

I get mad at flippers all the time. But I care less when its a item I dont care about :lol:
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:
    Hmmm..... I guess I wasn't at school on the day they handed out the hard and fast rulebook on flipping...... :fp:
    Complete grey area...... Totally open to interpretation - and at the end of the day, a trend that is solely governed by the buyer and the demand for an item.
    Some items have an instant value spike upon release, others take many years to build up the demand and value - it is what it is.
    What is so different from someone buying a $100 poster and turning right around and selling it for $300 a day after the seller bought it, versus someone buying a Benny upon release for $35-$45 and then a few years later selling it to me for $1000 or more????????????????
    200% poster profit vs. 2000% Benny profit......... Posters are usually limited to 50-300 A/P's - there were 2000 Bennys.
    I want it, I'm the idiot paying the ridiculously inflated price, and therefore I am the one dictating market value and keeping prices high. God, I AM stupid!!! :fp:
    Shouldn't that "great PJ fan and board/community member" who paid less than $50 originally for a Benny, cut me a great deal in the spirit of PJ and all that is wholesome and good :? ??? NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!
    Who can say that there weren't a few savvy collectors 8 years ago who bought 2 or 3 and kept them sealed thinking "In 5-10 years I'm gonna make a killing on this!" I'm sure there were 1 or 2....... Kinda like playing the penny stocks :corn: It happens EVERY day.
    The Benny is just an example. If I bought one upon release then I would probably cut a friend a "better" deal than market value on the boards, but you have to admit that getting top dollar for your item on those auction sites is pretty tempting during these tough economic times, whether it's an 8 year old vinyl set or a 24hr old poster.... Luckily MOST vendors limit their items to 1 per customer.
    It's usually the less computer savvy people like myself, who have an inferior computer with a shitty internet connection who miss out on the sales, and then get all ass-hurt and start complaining about flippers.....
    Doesn't really matter if someone is selling or trading, cost value for cost value rarely, if ever, happens in a trade, and market value dictates how much cash or equivalent good change hands.
    People will always agree to disagree.
    Buy it or don't, but we waste a LOT of oxygen unnecessarily on "flipping" debates.
    I really wish that the word "Flipper" still took us back to that ridiculously smart and intuitive dolphin that kept saving the goofy red-headed kid's dumb ass......... but alas now, it's all about gain in one way or another.
    I do realize that the OP had nothing to do with flipping, but yet again it somehow managed to stick it's ugly little head in somewhere that it need not be.
    Luckily, Don's credibility is not at stake here because we all know that he's a great (and extremely generous) person and would do anything for any of us, so good luck with moving the poster brother! I'd do exactly the same thing for a friend!
    Cheers!

IMHO as always.

As for you.........WOW I didnt know you knew all those words :lol: Thanks buddy. I apreciate you being the voice of reason. :? ...... :lol:

Thanks for the kind words. Put them on my tab :o :shock: :lol::lol::lol: :( :( :( :(
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    dwhite76 wrote:
    Nami wrote:

Thanks its all good. I understand where evryone is comming from. People who get made at flippers are the people who missed out on the item to begin with.

I get mad at flippers all the time. But I care less when its a item I dont care about :lol:

:lol: cheers!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    fucking flipping police. :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    Nami wrote:

my comments was a general one about what people think about flipping,
    good you help your friend,and for the record,i made the comment for an item i dont care about cos i bought 2 at the show
  • Options
    It may or may not be flipping but for me, the best way to learn from buyers remorse was to lose a few $$$. Maybe this new member needs to learn the same way and get what he can from it back on the bay instead of trying to break even on the back of a 10C member.

Thats what he was going to do since he is not a paying member. Plus they are now asking $300-$400 for this poster on ebay :shock:
    It was my bright idea that he let me try and help a 10 club member that dont have a poster and is looking to trade some thing for one instead of forking out $250 +

Man last time I do any thing for some one :lol::lol::lol::lol: