Options

DC Show Kicked Ass

shackles31shackles31 Posts: 26
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I have to say that tonight's show rocked. There were the few slow ones thrown into the mix, but overall it was a Fucking Rock Show. One of my favs in my experiences. Nice set list fellas. Hopefully you guys will "come back" sooner than later. I cant wait for the next time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    My first show :) I loved it, and honestly, Even Flow was my highlight, followed by Leash (what a great fucking sing along). :D
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    danny72688 wrote:
    My first show :) I loved it, and honestly, Even Flow was my highlight, followed by Leash (what a great fucking sing along). :D

hey, welcome to the club. you'll never be able to watch shitty live music again :)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    i love even flow even though people say you get tired of it after a while. but i just pretended like it was the first time i heard that song live and rocked out to it and loved every moment of it. and oh by the way, how good was elderly woman and masters of war
  • Options
    hey, welcome to the club. you'll never be able to watch shitty live music again :)

I still have Even Flow stuck in my head. I'm such a noob. :D
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I still have Even Flow stuck in my head. I'm such a noob. :D

screw it. Even Flow is a good time. don't let anyone tell you different. i'll admit it, I tend to skip it on the boots every now and then ... but when I'm there live, I'm friggin transfixed.

one show I went to, they had this giant video screen BEHIND me ... so I turned completely around to stare in awe at the close up of Mikey's finger's on the solo.

this song needs to be played live every night. or at least almost every night.
  • Options
    i love even flow even though people say you get tired of it after a while. but i just pretended like it was the first time i heard that song live and rocked out to it and loved every moment of it. and oh by the way, how good was elderly woman and masters of war

Oh my God those songs kicked ass. I admit I didn't know the lyrics to MOW, but I nailed Eldery Woman :D They were fantastic!
  • Options
    screw it. Even Flow is a good time. don't let anyone tell you different. i'll admit it, I tend to skip it on the boots every now and then ... but when I'm there live, I'm friggin transfixed.

one show I went to, they had this giant video screen BEHIND me ... so I turned completely around to stare in awe at the close up of Mikey's finger's on the solo.

this song needs to be played live every night. or at least almost every night.

Even Flow is a kick ass concert song. Probably the best song I've heard in concert actually. It was so great! Buying the boot right away. I was jealous of the 5/28 setlist for a while but the DC setlist was perfect too :D
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Oh my God those songs kicked ass. I admit I didn't know the lyrics to MOW, but I nailed Eldery Woman :D They were fantastic!

how good was the "I just want to scream Hellooooooooo!" bit? always a highlight for me :)
  • Options
    how good was the "I just want to scream Hellooooooooo!" bit? always a highlight for me :)

Everybody sang it and raised their arms up! It was a WOW moment. The entire audience was also lit up. :) Felt very good after that.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Everybody sang it and raised their arms up! It was a WOW moment. The entire audience was also lit up. :) Felt very good after that.

yup. that sounds very familiar. love it. can't wait to experience again hopefully ...
  • Options
    yup. that sounds very familiar. love it. can't wait to experience again hopefully ...

It was fucking magic. The only song I knew 100% of the lyrics to.

Also I'd like to add that tonight was the first time I knew all the lyrics to Even Flow right on cue. Perfect timing I'd say. :D
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    It was fucking magic. The only song I knew 100% of the lyrics to.

Also I'd like to add that tonight was the first time I knew all the lyrics to Even Flow right on cue. Perfect timing I'd say. :D

you can usually mumble a couple of those and get away with it. ed always does :)
  • Options
    you can usually mumble a couple of those and get away with it. ed always does :)

I had to do that with Do the Evolution! I did a double-take and realized I need more Yield in my life.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I had to do that with Do the Evolution! I did a double-take and realized I need more Yield in my life.

yes, yes you do. It's still their best album ... although Avocado is threatening it :)
  • Options
    yes, yes you do. It's still their best album ... although Avocado is threatening it :)

I'm partial to Vs. - and got my fill tonight :D (though Go and Blood would've perfected it) - but Yield is #3 for me. It's my college album (I'm a late bloomer for PJ).
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I'm partial to Vs. - and got my fill tonight :D (though Go and Blood would've perfected it) - but Yield is #3 for me. It's my college album (I'm a late bloomer for PJ).

yeah, it's my college album too. at least, it's my late college album. Vitalogy came out my sr. year of high school, No Code early in college, Yield the spring semester of my jr. year ...

and I'm sorry. Yield is clearly the best :)
  • Options
    yeah, it's my college album too. at least, it's my late college album. Vitalogy came out my sr. year of high school, No Code early in college, Yield the spring semester of my jr. year ...

and I'm sorry. Yield is clearly the best :)

My albums have rotated throughout my college years, but Yield was the original (first few semesters) and lasted longer than any of the others. Long live Yield.

Speaking of Yield, three in a row!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    My albums have rotated throughout my college years, but Yield was the original (first few semesters) and lasted longer than any of the others. Long live Yield.

Speaking of Yield, three in a row!

although I still have not heard Lowlight live, which is my original favorite song off that album. so I guess you got me there ... after tonight :)
  • Options
    although I still have not heard Lowlight live, which is my original favorite song off that album. so I guess you got me there ... after tonight :)

That one is sort of a rarity isn't it? :) Didn't even think of it 'till now. :D Thanks guys :D It was great, better than the Garden DVD version, but that's probably a biased claim ;)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    That one is sort of a rarity isn't it? :) Didn't even think of it 'till now. :D Thanks guys :D It was great, better than the Garden DVD version, but that's probably a biased claim ;)

it is to me. they didn't play that song, like at all, until about 2002.

I'm pretty sure they didn't play it at all on the Yield tour.
  • Options
    it is to me. they didn't play that song, like at all, until about 2002.

I'm pretty sure they didn't play it at all on the Yield tour.

My Yield treasure is No Way, kept my ears peeled just in case. Maybe next time :D
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    My Yield treasure is No Way, kept my ears peeled just in case. Maybe next time :D

yeah, they never play that, do they? only three times total. one day, i'm sure it will be revived.
  • Options
    yeah, they never play that, do they? only three times total. one day, i'm sure it will be revived.

Hope I get to hear it someday. But I've got my hopes set for Wash and Blood first. PJ knew that so they purposely played them early in the tour and not at DC so I have to see them more. They're sneaky. :D But I got to hear I Got Shit! I almost died when I heard that riff!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Hope I get to hear it someday. But I've got my hopes set for Wash and Blood first. PJ knew that so they purposely played them early in the tour and not at DC so I have to see them more. They're sneaky. :D But I got to hear I Got Shit! I almost died when I heard that riff!

I heard Blood and IGS at the same show once ... yessir! :)
  • Options
    I heard Blood and IGS at the same show once ... yessir! :)

Nice. :) I love Blood! I wonder if the boot will pick me up screaming Bugs right before Alive. Doubt it, but that would be funny if it did.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Nice. :) I love Blood! I wonder if the boot will pick me up screaming Bugs right before Alive. Doubt it, but that would be funny if it did.

OK, if ed ever finds an accordian and plays bugs ... i'll definitely buy the bootleg
  • Options
    OK, if ed ever finds an accordian and plays bugs ... i'll definitely buy the bootleg

That'd be worth the waste of a song to see Ed look like a total dork. And I say that in a loving way :)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    That'd be worth the waste of a song to see Ed look like a total dork. And I say that in a loving way :)

he should learn bugs on the uke.
  • Options
    he should learn bugs on the uke.

Or make Boom do it. That shit would bitch slap me like no woman can.
  • Options
    pjfan91pjfan91 Posts: 43
    Nice poster to.