Options

Too Much

2»

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    dwhite76 wrote:
    i dont see it this way..there no band out there than no sell their work...
    same as merch..what is much or less is a big conversation..
    no one force us to buy anything...all are our choices...
    i like there are alot to choose,i like they add more female clothes..
    cos there are out there,u dont have to buy them..

I think you would pretty much defend them even if they burned your house down :o , :lol:

Maybe its a different outlook about this stuff over seas but here in the US, in the 90's people started to hate "The MAN" Or Big Corporations.

PJ once stood for giving the finger to any one who suggested they should market their name on every thing.
    It used to be a sorta underground thing. It was hard to get ahold of some thing that said Pearl Jam. You had to work to find it. Kinda like a way to prove you realy were a fan.

Now its more like, I just seen Creed put there name on a pair of socks, I dont think Pearl Jam will fit but PJ sure will :lol:

This discussion isnt about bashing any one. I think its more about Did the boys just say "If you think it will sell put our name on it."

Shoot we realy have no idea if the guys are involved with what the 10 club puts their name on. I guess until we know that this is all just speculation ;)
    i dont have to defend anyone..
    just my culture is different..
    when im in hotel at my room,and a mosquito bites me,i close the window and turn of the lights,
    i dont call the manager of the hotel to complain...
    if u understan what i mean..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    dwhite76 wrote:
    i dont see it this way..there no band out there than no sell their work...
    same as merch..what is much or less is a big conversation..
    no one force us to buy anything...all are our choices...
    i like there are alot to choose,i like they add more female clothes..
    cos there are out there,u dont have to buy them..

I think you would pretty much defend them even if they burned your house down :o , :lol:

Maybe its a different outlook about this stuff over seas but here in the US, in the 90's people started to hate "The MAN" Or Big Corporations.

PJ once stood for giving the finger to any one who suggested they should market their name on every thing.
    It used to be a sorta underground thing. It was hard to get ahold of some thing that said Pearl Jam. You had to work to find it. Kinda like a way to prove you realy were a fan.

Now its more like, I just seen Creed put there name on a pair of socks, I dont think Pearl Jam will fit but PJ sure will :lol:

This discussion isnt about bashing any one. I think its more about Did the boys just say "If you think it will sell put our name on it."

Shoot we realy have no idea if the guys are involved with what the 10 club puts their name on. I guess until we know that this is all just speculation ;)
    i dont have to defend anyone..
    just my culture is different..
    when im in hotel at my room,and a mosquito bites me,i close the window and turn of the lights,
    i dont call the manager of the hotel to complain...
    if u understan what i mean..

:? :? :? :? :? Ummmmmm Nope you lost me at Hello.... :lol:

No but if there is no windows you will.

If the hotel charges you $40 for the window and says it comes out around Christmas but then no window is around at Christmas. So you ask Why no window at Christmas? And the hotel says because its a annual window now. But we dont know when that annual date is. Weather you check in check out or both.

:D:D:D:D Oh boy this was fun. :lol:

I dont want to get off track here. I know times have changed. The band is older and the stage dives are no more. The OP is just saying Why slap your name on every thing. And Ill give him the answer.

Entertaiment and Money.

The 10 club is no longer just a bunch of hard core fans. Its a ton of flippers and half ton of one timers and the rest is us dimitrispearljam. The ones who will buy what ever PJ is on. The ones who will hit F5 for 12 hours. The ones who line up 14 hours before a show starts just to get in early. The ones who wait another 4 hours after the show just to say 1 little word (Hello) to a band that has given us so much. The ones who would give there Benny away just for posting your favorite song. The ones who help pay another 10 club members electric bill. And finaly the ones who started up Wish List that has done a lot for charity :D

:corn: OK I lost my train of thought but I think you get my point :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    btw.windows or not,the fuckin mosquitos fly everywhere :lol:

i get your point..
    ill tell u this to understand..i met a guy on tour...at euro tour..
    he had the same shirt in almost all the shows,one from Binaral tour..
    'i got 20 pj shirts with me..every show i wear a different...

i did 8 shows..he did all 13 and he is going to Missoula....

who is the smart guy??? believe me its not me..
    cos i buy alot,he dont buy anything..he use his saving to go to see the band..
    i buy t-shirts and merch....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801

i get your point..

Lets hope he is not sitting near me. That shirt must stink by now. Who is he. Ill buy him a shirt just in case he is in GA with me. Then we all are happy. I think thats what the band and 10 club are trying to do. keep us all just a little happy. :D But in the end evry one is loved/hated :shock: ..... :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:

i get your point..

Lets hope he is not sitting near me. That shirt must stink by now. Who is he. Ill buy him a shirt just in case he is in GA with me. Then we all are happy. I think thats what the band and 10 club are trying to do. keep us all just a little happy. :D But in the end evry one is loved/hated :shock: ..... :D
    hehe..he was ok,,he almost have seated at every show,he has other shirt too,but not pj ...
    i think im gonna sell everything i have...and i have a lot.. :lol:
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    EV Ipad cases.......
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    countonbothhandscountonbothhands OR Posts: 252
    Hey, I am anaolog and I never recieved a pack of 10c stickers. What is up with that?
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done."
  • Options
    thankyousallythankyousally Posts: 30
    edited July 2012
    It is all too materialistic. And that is the opposite of why I started to like the band.

but thank you to 10c for providing us with something! :thumbup:
    Post edited by thankyousally on
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Just to put things bluntly:

PJ socks aren't new. They've been around since 2000.
    PJ jerseys have been around since '98.
    Stickers? Yup, since 91.
    Stamps? 96.
    Hats?! Oh my, I think they've been around since the first time trucker hats were fashionable. At least in the form of ski masks and winter variety toppers.
    Skateboards? The horror! They've been around since '98.

Provided, Vans, zippos, SIGGs, key chains, playing cards, and koozies (such a dirty clean word) are new to the PJ table. You know what? That's okay. If they sell, then there was an audience for these items. If you never asked yourself "why don't I have a Pearl Jam poncho, or a snowboard jacket" then you likely won't be concerned in not owning one now.

At the end of they day, I buy very little from the 10C. I just don't feel the need for as much stuff as most fans buy.