Which was your 1st PJ album that you've ever listened to and

13»

Comments

• TEN ... many years after its inception into the world (20 years to be exact) -- it sounded like the freshest, most beautiful soul-wrenching music that I had waited my whole life to find. Hooked on every sound they've created since.
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Ten. I had heard Alive from MTV and was totally smitten. Then I heard they were coming to my town and persuaded some friends of mine to go see them with me. After the gig Jeff and Stone came up to me and we chatted for a while.

Then I eventually forgot about them until now, funny how that is. I was watching PJ20 on TV and got that same hallelujah-moment as when watching Alive for the first time, so now I'm back and happy to be.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • CandileaCandilea Posts: 43
    TEN. Bought it after seeing them play in Ames, Ia in 1991 (opening for the Chili Peppers, very short show, I actually barely remember it!). It was just the beginning of one of the best things in my life! :D
  • laurimae71laurimae71 Posts: 134
    Ten,back in 1991. 2yrs. later got to see them for the first time at the Gorge,most memorable concert to this day! I've been a huge fan since the very beginning :D
    It is what it is.
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    First album I heard
    avo.jpg

First album that really got me into the band... well, it's a combo

ITW.jpgavo.jpgmirror.jpg
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    The first PJ album I listened straight through was Yield. It was a combination of that and Ten that made me a huge fan. I can remember being on the bus listening to Ten for the first time and Even Flow came on and I was like, Pearl Jam does this song? Same thing with the next track too. At the time I thought I only knew Jeremy and Black from Ten.
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,405
    Ten in 1994. Hooked since then... :)
    this. after i saw them open for the pumpkins and chilli peppers. got the cd the next day and rolled with it!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    "Vs.", bought in 1994.

A year before I saw the "Jeremy" video on TV which impressed me...I also saw the Unplugged show and the behavior during "Porch"..I couldn't understand outrageous behavior on stage, it kinda disgusted me... I was (and still am but that time only) a Zappa fan and had a totally different approach towards music and performance.

I liked "Vs." and "Vitalogy" which I bought shortly after it's been released and both became a normal part of my collection of Zappa, Stones, Tull, Bjork, etc.

"Live on 2 legs" was it in 1999 that really kicked me and I still have a special memory of a very bad day I had when I bought it and "Untitled" made my day better then. First show in Hamburg a year after, bought 14 bootlegs of the tour... ...and got into other things the years after...missed the release of "Riot Act" and got back to PJ in, I think, 2005...saw the guys since then 16 times and my collection grew and grew :)

And "Vs." is still my favorite album.
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    RW8297 wrote:
    Absolutly TEN! So, I am PJ fan from the beginning till now ...

+1
    I think many many people put a "+1" here. That's great.
    +1
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • mtranfomtranfo Posts: 89
    TEN, back in 1992. I felt in love with Alive first and the whole album.
    Hooked since then with these guys.