Options

Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,751
    Who gets traded away first? Depends i guess on if they intend on doing a complete rebuild again. 

Kimbrel
    Bryant 
    Contreras 
    Baez
    Rizzoli
    Hendricks
    Tepera 
    Chafin
    Other?

My guess is Contreras. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I don't think moving Contreras is a priority. They've had backup catcher issues all season so he's basically all they have at that position right now.  He'd be the one (if I could only choose one) guy I'd keep to anchor a rebuild. Although I have a bad feeling the Cubs mgmt thinks Baez is that guy.
    My guess is Bryant or Rizzo go first.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Without digging into current contract details, I’d say the most likely to go is Kimbrel, although I still very much think it should be Bryant. If the Cubs don’t make Rizzo a Cub for life I’ll have to seriously question my loyalty to this organization. The rest can go. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    bbiggs said:
    Without digging into current contract details, I’d say the most likely to go is Kimbrel, although I still very much think it should be Bryant. If the Cubs don’t make Rizzo a Cub for life I’ll have to seriously question my loyalty to this organization. The rest can go. 
    My money is on Kimbrel too.  No reason to have a stud closer if you're not winning games and not contending.  
    A team making a legit push without a solid closer will give up a good amount to secure a sure thing.

Bryant would be next as he has the most value of anyone else.
    Then Baez.
    I don't see Rizzo going anywhere, at least this season.
    If the Cubs had a legit backup catcher, Contreras would be an option.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm sure I'm wrong on Contreras. Has to be an immediate need at C for a serious contender. I know Kimbrel seems logical too, but I think they can be picky with him. They can gamble on his performance and trade him next year if they want. A guy like Chafin having a career year and being very inexpensive might make him the first piece to go. 

Sans Boras as his agent, I would rather keep Bryant over Baez at this point,, but that's just me. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    bbiggs said:
    I would love nothing more than a "44" flag hanging from the poles when it's all said and done. 
  • Options
    Thinking today about how much it is going to suck going through another rebuild so soon. Remember thinking they would get more than 1 ring out of this group? 

Looking back, so glad the team bailed Maddon out during game 7. This pill would be much tougher to swallow otherwise. 
  • Options
    Yankees...didn't see that one coming. 
  • Options
    @Wobbie Congrats! Please treat him well...
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    @Wobbie Congrats! Please treat him well...
    we will. looks like we gave up a bag of beans.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Yes it does. I read SF #30 and #9 - was needing so see Joey Bart listed as a return. 
  • Options
    Embarrassing we gave up KB for that.  This front office must be the worst negotiating team in MLB.  I need to dive a bit deeper into some of the prospects we acquired, but at first glance, aside from Madrigal it appears we gave away our whole damn squad for next to nothing in return. 
  • Options
    Right! Admittedly, I know next to nothing about any of these guys other than there are also a couple drafted on 19/20 that have been sidelined with arm/shoulder surgeries.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    You never know with prospects. 

Once upon a deadline we traded James Shields for some kid named Fernando…
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    edited July 2021
    Thank you for Rizzo!  I hope he does to the Yankees what Chapman did for the Cubs.  :)
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thank you for Rizzo!  I really hope he gets his second World Series ring this year.  
    This is the one I’m bitter about. I said all along to trade any last one of them except Rizz. He’s an A+ guy and you’re lucky to have him on the squad. On a non-selfish note, I’m happy for him that he doesn’t need to spend his final years on a terrible re-building squad. I think this one was pretty tough on him as well. Deep roots with this team and city. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thank you for Rizzo!  I really hope he gets his second World Series ring this year.  
    This is the one I’m bitter about. I said all along to trade any last one of them except Rizz. He’s an A+ guy and you’re lucky to have him on the squad. On a non-selfish note, I’m happy for him that he doesn’t need to spend his final years on a terrible re-building squad. I think this one was pretty tough on him as well. Deep roots with this team and city. 
    Was Rizzo a fan favorite?  Seems like a really good guy.  I m pumped. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Very much a fan favorite. Unofficial team captain and a guy they should have had retire as a cub. Great clubhouse guy too, charitable efforts, etc. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Uhmmm yeah! He IS a fan favorite. A sport favorite really.
  • Options
    Rizzo with the HR!!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rizzo with the HR!!!!
    Yep. A bomb too. He’s gonna like that short porch in right. I’m going to cry myself to sleep. 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rizzo with the HR!!!!
    Of course, he’s just that kinda dude.
  • Options
    Rizzo with another HR!!!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rizzo with another HR!!!!!

you guys can become yanks fans.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418

• Options
    Love you guys! :kiss:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Yesterday will forever be remembered as THE GREATEST DAY IN CUBS HISTORY!!!!

San Diego took Darvish and his salary way from us!!!!!!!

3 years with the Cubs

15-14

$65 million or so for those 3 years?

FUCK DARVISH!!!!

My prediction? He will not win in double digits, for any year, he is with San Diego.

BANK ON THAT

Well...suddenly Jed looks like a genius for giving Yu away. :anguished:

Yeah, that one is looking pretty rough right now.

Im sticking to my original comment.

Darvish will not win in double digits this year, or any year he is with San Diego.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I wish it was 80 degrees outside, and I was sitting at Wrigley watching a game. 

• Options
    I wouldn't be mad about that either.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
    Have not watched 1 inning of 1 game yet this year.
    Can only name 4-5 guys on the entire roster.

Geez