Options

London 2012 Olympics

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Pap wrote:
    oh..and to listen the National Anthem of Greece as well... :mrgreen:

I'm not sure. Do you remember if this happens at every Olympics? If not, it should become a tradition starting from London. ;)
    Always they play our national anthem at the olympics.first before the olympic anthem
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    with all the complaining about NBC, to me it was a great Olympics. I think we all want to see all of our favorite sports but NBC wants to make the evening main show appealing to the most people, generate the most reveune, so they save the premiere events, like track, gymnastics, swimming, diving, for that evening show. They did have a lot of coverage on their other channels of basketball, soccer, volleyball, handball, wrestling, boxing, equestrian, fencing, etc.

I think also part fo the problem for the broadcasts, and this may seem odd, but there are a lot of US athletes that were in contention for winning their events, so it is difficult to dedicate a lot of time to all of them. I also enjoy when they highlight athletes from other countries and do background stories on them - like the 400m winner from Grenada and the 800m winner from Kenya.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Pap wrote:
    oh..and to listen the National Anthem of Greece as well... :mrgreen:

I'm not sure. Do you remember if this happens at every Olympics? If not, it should become a tradition starting from London. ;)
    Always they play our national anthem at the olympics.first before the olympic anthem

OK then.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    loved the closing ceremonies...
    great job Great Britain...

by far my favorite opening and closing shows ever! :D
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Can't believe they didn't air The Who on the regular closing ceremonies yesterday. Blasphemy!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    having withdrawls, now what to watch on TV?
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    YAY! NZ got another gold & our dear Valerie got the gold she deserved!
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/olympic-games ... d=10826786
    & they've lit our Sky Tower in gold to celebrate!!
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/olympic-games ... 54#9500213
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    samjam wrote:
    Can't believe they didn't air The Who on the regular closing ceremonies yesterday. Blasphemy!

:lol: well they did in the UK, and we've had no commercial breaks throughout the Olympics, gotta love the BBC!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    dottles wrote:
    samjam wrote:

:lol: well they did in the UK, and we've had no commercial breaks throughout the Olympics, gotta love the BBC!
    We didn't get The Who in the live broadcast either. Sucked. :x
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    morello wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    samjam wrote:

We didn't get The Who in the live broadcast either. Sucked. :x

That's pants!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,584
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

That was my problem last night, was lost :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

That was my problem last night, was lost :lol:
    same here... :fp: :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    for understand the high level of those Games and what it means to the planet and that Olumpic games are the biggest event on the planet,just read what happen to the winners at their countries,Australia,Russia..the prime minister of the countries went to airports to wellcome the Athletes...
    and alot of countries as well..
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    for understand the high level of those Games and what it means to the planet and that Olumpic games are the biggest event on the planet,just read what happen to the winners at their countries,Australia,Russia..the prime minister of the countries went to airports to wellcome the Athletes...

... erm we painted a mailbox gold in each winners home town :shock: :mrgreen:

They are going to get a parade in a couple of weeks too ;)

Read today that the Paralympics have sold more tickets than any previous Paralympics.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:

... erm we painted a mailbox gold in each winners home town :shock: :mrgreen:

They are going to get a parade in a couple of weeks too ;)

Read today that the Paralympics have sold more tickets than any previous Paralympics.
    ofcourse...its huge to be Olympian....
    at Ancient Greek Olympics was the only reason for stop all wars and have peace during the games..
    when the games ends the cities,knock down part of the walls of the castles for the winners to pass ,for honor them..

i read that about paralympics....

for me is huge this....

well done LONDON!!!
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Thank fuck it's over, I can start with the real sport, new football season starts this Saturday. My first use of my first season ticket ever!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    Thank fuck it's over, I can start with the real sport, new football season starts this Saturday. My first use of my first season ticket ever!
    will be a good team this year?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,137
    552069_510289092321798_622627396_n.jpg

Very NICE!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    552069_510289092321798_622627396_n.jpg

Very NICE!

Peace
    :D
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Hinn wrote:
    Good, but can't compete against them others with big money. Still, it's my team!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Good, but can't compete against them others with big money. Still, it's my team!
    i guess all talking about Robin van Persie transfer.
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    5-0....good job from your team!! :D
  • Options
    btw..Phelps girlfriend...kick ass.!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
  • Options
    its the begging of the race!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Finnish Lady....... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?