Hows work going for everyone these days?

2»

Comments

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I loved that skit! :D

Going great, found out on Monday after getting back from vacation that we got a grant for this project we've been wanting to do, I'll get to design educational materials for blind kids both here and in Mexico :)

It will be a challenge and new terrain to explore, which has me very excited. The fact it will help people makes me feel even more psyched about it!

I genuinely love my job, and my boss is aces. Feel very blessed.
  • Just curious.
    How are things?

The company I work for has been busier than all hell. Which is a GOOD THING! For the past 6-8 weeks I have been getting 45-55 hours a week. In the last year I have gotten 2 decent pay raises, which always helps. Things are good, but I realize that can all change, in the blink of an eye. But so far, 2012 has been a good year!

How are things with you?

:silent:
    Whats going on?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    slow and scary times :?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    Just curious.
    How are things?

The company I work for has been busier than all hell. Which is a GOOD THING! For the past 6-8 weeks I have been getting 45-55 hours a week. In the last year I have gotten 2 decent pay raises, which always helps. Things are good, but I realize that can all change, in the blink of an eye. But so far, 2012 has been a good year!

How are things with you?

:silent:
    Whats going on?

uggg...My old job that I was trying to get back was never filled and was closed. My good friend verified this. He said they never had any interviews. Currently I'm seeking a couple of jobs in Roanoke, VA. It would mean relocating, but I have to do something soon.
  • Busy as fuck. Finishing up a 12 hour today. 8 more hours to go and I'll be at 66 hours. Fml.
    Bunch a douche bags here that need to get bitch smacked too. Love my trade.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Busy as fuck. Finishing up a 12 hour today. 8 more hours to go and I'll be at 66 hours. Fml.
    We will finally start slowing down in a few weeks..Been working 55-60 hours a week, all summer long..

I dont mind it though, I/we all like making extra money.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    We will finally start slowing down in a few weeks..Been working 55-60 hours a week, all summer long..

I dont mind it though, I/we all like making extra money.
    Extra smextra. All gets pissed away on bills. Still need $600 for airfare to Atlanta that the misses still does not know about. Keep working I guess
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I'm in construction and there is a boom beginning right now in Boston/Cambridge. Buildings popping up everywhere and tons of older buildings being renovated for new tenants. There a 4-5 older guys ready to retire out of 20 or so in the company. I was told yesterday, while working OT, that there was 3-4 years of work coming up steady and there will be plenty of work for everyone.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    Busy. Worked three weekends in a row. Good firm, but my boss is being a douche about others taking up my time to work on lucrative projects rather than his business development projects.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Lots of good turnover in my department.
    Promotions and people moving to other areas within the company. Our 2013 numbers are looking good which means a better bonus pool for next year.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    boring
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I love going into the office now, been over 3 years.

The new space is great, a 5 mile drive, a third of the rent.
    I'm learning to do some of the finishing too, back in the warehouse,
    working long side my kids, gives JB a funny feeling ;)

We are busy too, so life is good! :D
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Not good...I work as support staff in education in Ontario and the government is introducing legislation this week too freeze wages 2-3 years and cut benefits. The current government of Ontario is so corrupt, incompetent and has done nothing but piss money away that put us in this mess...and now they want 1 segment of society to pay.

The education Unions have promised to take them all the way to the supreme court of Canada because they have essentially taken away bargaining rights...the problem is by the time it gets there our prime minister will have stacked th supreme court with his cronies and he's anti worker so I'm sure the supreme court justices will share his view.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon