Hows work going for everyone these days?

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Just curious.
How are things?

The company I work for has been busier than all hell. Which is a GOOD THING! For the past 6-8 weeks I have been getting 45-55 hours a week. In the last year I have gotten 2 decent pay raises, which always helps. Things are good, but I realize that can all change, in the blink of an eye. But so far, 2012 has been a good year!

How are things with you?
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Just curious.
    How are things?

The company I work for has been busier than all hell. Which is a GOOD THING! For the past 6-8 weeks I have been getting 45-55 hours a week. In the last year I have gotten 2 decent pay raises, which always helps. Things are good, but I realize that can all change, in the blink of an eye. But so far, 2012 has been a good year!

How are things with you?
    transporting goods companies always are kickin ass
    they say this country needs 200,000 more professional drivers
    they've been saying this since or before i first got my CDL which was long ago

45-55 hrs a week
    you don't leave chicago do you?
    breaker 1/9
    go ahead break... steamy mccready aint goin nowhere ;)
    :lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    chadwick wrote:
    Just curious.
    How are things?

How are things with you?
    transporting goods companies always are kickin ass
    they say this country needs 200,000 more professional drivers
    they've been saying this since or before i first got my CDL which was long ago

45-55 hrs a week
    you don't leave chicago do you?
    breaker 1/9
    go ahead break... steamy mccready aint goin nowhere ;)
    :lol:
    Its all local...Chicago and the surrounding suburbs...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    revenue's are up

costs are down....

that's good right? :think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    My 2 jobs would be: student and engineering intern.

Being a student is awesome! Sleeping late, parties, studying with friends, etc. :thumbup:

Being an intern is cool. I'm learning a decent amount. Involved in a couple projects. Cant really enjoy my summer like I use to... but overall a good time.

Despite the negative pay check that I get while going to school, i still prefer that over working. :roll:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Nobody gives a rat's ass about how Speedy and the rest of the 1% live...
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Glad to hear that you've been so busy and work is well Speedy! :thumbup:

We've been dealing with a new management team that have their heads so far up their asses that I'm convinced they're gonna run the place into the ground. Riding the wave right now but I've been looking for a new job...which is always...fun... :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    pretty muich this the last 2 years..

gorilla-middle-finger.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Just curious.
    How are things?

How are things with you?

F**K Work ;) ..........That paycheck thing is overrated :think:
    I make ( please :lol: ) my wife work :ugeek:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    New job.... New City.

So far love both.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    FrankieG wrote:
    My 2 jobs would be: student and engineering intern.

Being a student is awesome! Sleeping late, parties, studying with friends, etc. :thumbup:

Being an intern is cool. I'm learning a decent amount. Involved in a couple projects. Cant really enjoy my summer like I use to... but overall a good time.

Despite the negative pay check that I get while going to school, i still prefer that over working. :roll:
    well done, student

it is an awesome thing = learning what one loves

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Its all local...Chicago and the surrounding suburbs...
    heart to you, sir
    trucking sure is brutal

i never had a drop or pick up in chicago
    only ever passed thru
    it was a disaster to experience just a drive-thru
    dealing with chicago daily must make a person... unique

i hope everyone respects you & other truck drivers
    you ever been robbed?

be safe out there, sir

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    We've been dealing with a new management team that have their heads so far up their asses that I'm convinced they're gonna run the place into the ground. Riding the wave right now but I've been looking for a new job...which is always...fun... :lol:

Looking for a new job is the worst. I've been doing a lot of that myself lately. My company has been sold to a new company twice in the past year. My manager is an insane micro-manager. So yeah, things suck at work, but still grateful to have a job.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    New job.... New City.

So far love both.
    Glad you can join us down here in sunny south Florida.
    And soon your loving family will be here too 8-)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    New job.... New City.

So far love both.
    Glad you can join us down here in sunny south Florida.
    And soon your loving family will be here too 8-)
    11 days :clap:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Since you asked.....sucky.
    Second time in 2 mos not paid on time because I work for an asshat and a clown.
    But on the bright side? my husband doesn't get paid this month (teacher) hahahaaa
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    Its been a good year, started something different(lot of new things to learn) than What I've been doing the last 6 years....I'm happy, even though it's challenging and stressful at the same time...the earning potential is thru the roof, and once I have learned all the ins and outs, it should get easier
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Looking for a new job is the worst. I've been doing a lot of that myself lately. My company has been sold to a new company twice in the past year. My manager is an insane micro-manager. So yeah, things suck at work, but still grateful to have a job.

Yep that seems to be how it's going for a lot of people I know. That's the thing too...these assclowns know how tough it is to find work so they put even more pressure on us knowing we've pretty much gotta stick it out. :x
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I lost the extra hours I was doing in April, so down £150 a month. Hubby has been cut to a 4 day week. So things aren't great here. Just glad we've got some money coming in.
  • Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    Starting a new job in September so stressed but looking forward to a new challenge!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    Just curious.
    How are things?

How are things with you?

:silent:
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    just took 3 days off for a long weekend to come back to a shit load of emails.... so busy like hell today. Cmon on weekend!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Yep that seems to be how it's going for a lot of people I know. That's the thing too...these assclowns know how tough it is to find work so they put even more pressure on us knowing we've pretty much gotta stick it out. :x

Yeah, that's exactly what my manager does. Even worse, we recently moved to a new building and her cube is right across from mine and I'm pretty sure she can see my screen if she looks over this way. She's probably wondering what the hell I'm doing on a PJ website all day!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    SLooooow...but I dig my job. Business is down and employees cut, but the work is interesting and always changing. That said, I wouldnt turn down offers to be a Hitman or goat herder if it came with a good health and retirement plans.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pretty muich this the last 2 years..

gorilla-middle-finger.jpg

This made me giggle. :lol:
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    Im a commercial photographer and work strictly on freelance basis. The past 4 months have been "BRUTAL", so freakin slow. We were rockin the past 18 months and for some reason the brakes just locked up. Im actually gathering information from potential clients now and will be freaking making the dreaded "cold calls" next week.....UGH!
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Starting a new job in September so stressed but looking forward to a new challenge!

Congrats!

I am definitely happy to be employed. Fall registration is coming up, so it will get busy here as soon as I blink my eye.

I would still love to move north some day. Keeping my eye out for jobs in the NY state area for sure. But blessed nonetheless!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Fine, thanks for asking.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Yeah all good here with the three jobs i have it's hard to get some sleep :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Yeah all good here with the three jobs i have it's hard to get some sleep :lol::lol:

31UFYZAstGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217

31UFYZAstGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That's exactly the kind of response i was looking for :lol::lol: that show was f'n great Thanks ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....