PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Thought I'd share this Email I just got from KROQ radio in So Cal:

KROQ Presents
EDDIE VEDDER
With Special Guest: Liam Finn

April 12 & 13, 2008 - The Wiltern

http://www.kroq.com http://www.pearljam.com

Here's your shot to score tickets in our exclusive KROQ Street Team Presale!

• On Thursday, February 21st at 10am log on to the Eddie Vedder ticketmaster page
• If the above links do not open a Ticketmaster screen on your computer, log on to http://www.ticketmaster.com
• Search: Eddie Vedder
• Select the date: Saturday, April 12th or Sunday, April 13th @ The Wiltern
• In the password box enter: (PM ME AND I'LL SHARE)
• Tickets are $68.50
• There is a 4 ticket limit
• You will need a major credit card
• This advance on sale ends Thursday, February 21st at 10pm, or when the ticket allocation is gone
• If you are unable to buy tickets during the pre sale, you can still try and buy them during the public on-sale February 22, 2008 at 10am, at all ticketmaster locations, charge by phone (213) 480-3232 or (714) 740-2000, or ticketmaster.com

Sorry if this has already been posted.
Good Luck Everyone :D
The best use of Life is Love.
The best expression of Love is Time.
The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!'

if people want it they can request it in a pm

scalpers now have the pre sale password
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options

I've edited.

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219

Guess what.. scalpers already have the password. They are already in the KROQ Street Team. This is basically a newspaper article..
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Guess what.. scalpers already have the password. They are already in the KROQ Street Team. This is basically a newspaper article..

none the less
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

Thanks Cosmo.......the sunken feeling that replaced my DO-Gooder feeling, is a little better now. I just wanted to share the love here but I forget about evil-ness in this world :(

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    I've edited.

cool
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

This is true. But the presale does give me/us an extra chance of procuring tickets, so I'm happy for this nonetheless.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Wiltern Seating Arrangement looks like seating on the tiers. No General Admission... means no sitting on the sidewalk for hours.
    Also... from my many, MANY experiences with KROQ Pre-sales... Tickets... not so great. They will dole out one pair of great seats with the rest of them in the back rows. They will save the better ones for their staff and give-away promos.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cosmo wrote:
    Wiltern Seating Arrangement looks like seating on the tiers. No General Admission... means no sitting on the sidewalk for hours.
    Also... from my many, MANY experiences with KROQ Pre-sales... Tickets... not so great. They will dole out one pair of great seats with the rest of them in the back rows. They will save the better ones for their staff and give-away promos.

This has been the case with many presales I've been a part of for seated events in the past year or so (notably at Shoreline in Mountain View).

Only reason I'd go for pre-sale this time is that the venues are so small, want to make sure you'e in the building first before you start getting picky about where you're sitting.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    This has been the case with many presales I've been a part of for seated events in the past year or so (notably at Shoreline in Mountain View).

Only reason I'd go for pre-sale this time is that the venues are so small, want to make sure you'e in the building first before you start getting picky about where you're sitting.

Exactly. I'm going to go for the presale tickets, and if they're shitty, I'll try to get some better ones on Friday. If I do get better ones on that day, I'll sell the shittier ones to someone on here who missed out. I'm sure there will be many of those, unfortunately.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Cosmo wrote:

These are not KROQ's tickets....the promoter allocates a certain amount of tix for the presale. KROQ simply arranges to be the ones to dole out the details, etc.
  • Options
    Hey all of you I've given the info out to. I DO NOT have tix to either one of these shows so if you HAPPEN to get tix, keep me in mind if I don't get lucky on the presale. I will purchase your extra from you :)

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Hey all of you I've given the info out to. I DO NOT have tix to either one of these shows so if you HAPPEN to get tix, keep me in mind if I don't get lucky on the presale. I will purchase your extra from you :)

I will keep you in mind if I get extras...you always have a great attitude on these boards!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    These are not KROQ's tickets....the promoter allocates a certain amount of tix for the presale. KROQ simply arranges to be the ones to dole out the details, etc.
    That's good to know.
    All i know is that for their pre-sales... I usually get offered the upper sections of Irvine meadows or the balcony at the Wiltern. Only once... I scored a ticket in the pit for a Weenie Roast.
    I usually fair better on the General Sale, when the rest of the house goes up for sale.
    The thing that has me worried? The 'Hannnah Montana' program.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    any word on a presale for the SD show(s)?
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    any word on a presale for the SD show(s)?
    None listed.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    That's good to know.
    All i know is that for their pre-sales... I usually get offered the upper sections of Irvine meadows or the balcony at the Wiltern. Only once... I scored a ticket in the pit for a Weenie Roast.
    I usually fair better on the General Sale, when the rest of the house goes up for sale.
    The thing that has me worried? The 'Hannnah Montana' program.

A lot of bands use other ticketsellers for the "pre-pre-sales"

The best thing to do is to sign up for bands' email lists. Musictoday (now owned by LiveNation) has a lot of sales, and they usually release great seats.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I will keep you in mind if I get extras...you always have a great attitude on these boards!

THANK YOU!!!

• Options
    Your In Box is Full... If some got it can they share with me?
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    Your In Box is Full... If some got it can they share with me?

same here . . . please
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    same here . . . please

I'm cleaning it out! I'll be offline in about a half our for about 3 hours.........I'll catch up then :D

• Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    Got it. Thanks. People are very cool :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    i saw it when orginally posted PM me if you need it
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Can someone please pm me the password? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks
    Fairfax 4/8/94
    Camden 8/28/98
    Camden 8/29/98
    Camden 9/1/00
    Camden 9/2/00
    Philly 4/28/03
    Camden 7/5/03
    Camden 7/6/03
    Ottawa 9/16/05
    Atlantic City 10/1/05
    Philly 10/3/05
    Camden 5/27/06
    Camden 5/28/06
    Eddie San Diego 4/16/08
    Camden 6/19/08
    Camden 6/20/08
  • Options
    I need the pw too! Pm if you have a 'mo. Thanks!
  • Options
    The p/w is HARDSUN

KROQ sends out thousands of emails, so it is that big of a secret.
  • Options
    pre-sales are complete B.S.

Anyone who is anxious enough to buy a ticket during a pre sale, really wants to go. No matter what. Some they throw out some so-so tickets.

Then.... they have really good tickets to offer to the people who are sitting on the fence about going.

I know this will be a quick sell out, so some of that becomes void, but you get where they are coming from.
    tacos
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 442
    Thanks JOEJOEJOE
  • Options
    I'd be much obliged if someone could pm me the password as well or just fearlessly post it in the thread.

Really, it's just silly to think that somehow scalpers would be totally lost if they couldn't get the password here.
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    i saw it when orginally posted PM me if you need it

pm sent
    Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!