DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :corn:
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Oh Skylar...you are in so much trouble.
  • Options
    Wonderful episode. :corn:

Walt is going to fuck Skylar up at some point I think :?
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Oh Skylar...you are in so much trouble.

yes..how this problem "resolves" itself should be interesting.

my fave jesse line of the week is "it's like unicorn rare".

and I must remind myself...do not try to re-watch the episode and then fall asleep...i had to wake myself up from some crazy ass dreams.. :?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    loved the opening scene!
    laughed my ass off when they both drove up in new cars
    dubstep blaring :lol::lol::lol:

Heisenberg is big pimpin in his new ride
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    That was pretty wild. Really enjoyed that episode. The Walt/Skylar conversations were pretty damn intense.

What the hell is going to happen?

Also found it interesting they didn't show Mike after Walt overruled him.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    What a thing to say about Walt's cancer. That was wild shit.

Great episode though... I feel something big happening between Skylar and Walt. With all that tension, how could it not.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    the ricin is still around
    just sayin'
    he's gonna have to do something about skylar before she looses her shit and spills all the beans

i think its a big turning point that walt is now bringing heisenberg around his son...

and anyone else notice that at least 90% of the scenes that walt jr are in involve food?
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I thought Skylar was gone after what she told Walt. I wouldn't have been surprised if they revealed Walt killed her and made it look like a suicide...especially since they didn't show her "the morning after" and Walt seemed distracted the next day. I still think that MIGHT actually happen....The great thing about this show is that you never know where they are going to go.

I read an interesting interview with the show creator last week where he said he now wishes he had a bit more time to wrap everything up. He said it's going to be pretty tight, but they'll have to get there.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    just sayin'
    he's gonna have to do something about skylar before she looses her shit and spills all the beans

Wow. Completely forgot about that and where he stored it.

:shock:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    I have really enjoyed the quality character development that has been in this show with Walter White.

He began as this naive, and frightened man who you were scared for and really just hoped the best for him.

Then he turned into this kind of anti-hero character.

Now he's just a transformed man completely. Doing and saying things that the previous Walt would've never even been able to do.

He's much easier to hate now more than anything.

and ya know, Skylar has been an annoying character to me from day one (I think that's a sign of good acting, when the actor/actress can genuinely make you strongly dislike their character) but I think Walt is a little high on himself and his "achievements". No matter how confident he is, he can't just expect Skylar to be 100% okay with the shit that has happened in their lives and not have any worry, concern, or even animosity toward him.

Having said thatm, I'm glad Skylar finally spoke. I was getting tired of seeing that dumb look on her face and her inability to mutter even the shortest fucking sentence.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I have really enjoyed the quality character development that has been in this show with Walter White.

He began as this naive, and frightened man who you were scared for and really just hoped the best for him.

Then he turned into this kind of anti-hero character.

Now he's just a transformed man completely. Doing and saying things that the previous Walt would've never even been able to do.

He's much easier to hate now more than anything.

and ya know, Skylar has been an annoying character to me from day one (I think that's a sign of good acting, when the actor/actress can genuinely make you strongly dislike their character) but I think Walt is a little high on himself and his "achievements". No matter how confident he is, he can't just expect Skylar to be 100% okay with the shit that has happened in their lives and not have any worry, concern, or even animosity toward him.

Having said thatm, I'm glad Skylar finally spoke. I was getting tired of seeing that dumb look on her face and her inability to mutter even the shortest fucking sentence.

This is good. It's funny, the fiance said last night as we were watching it, "I don't think I like Walt anymore" and while I am definitely cheering for him (unless it came down to Walt or Jesse, that would be touch), I definitely see where she is coming from.

And man, I have never liked Skylar. Not sure what I want to happen to her, but something is going to.
  • Options
    Also, ya know the whole bacon thing on the birthday tradition?

Well, the opening episode of this season, Walt was in a Denny's eating a birthday breakfast. He made the number "52" with the bacon. Just this past episode was his 51st birthday. So now it's obvious (not a surprise though) that the first episodes opening was a glimpse into the future.

- 52nd birthday

- Hair, beard, different glasses, the New Hampshire license.

- The machine gun... the coughing, and popping of a pill

- Lastly... Walter was not wearing his wedding band.

Damn, I am fucking anxious to see what happens in between. Obviously somethign to be cleared up with Skylar... and, does his cancer return (coughing)?

:corn:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    just sayin'

It's in the electrical outlet behind the table where the table was clicking down..hmmm

The poision is in a cigarette..Skylar's been smoking a lot lately..this is not going to end well. :shock:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    just sayin'

It's in the electrical outlet behind the table where the table was clicking down..hmmm

The poision is in a cigarette..Skylar's been smoking a lot lately..this is not going to end well. :shock:

I remembered where he put it and all, but just had completely taken that little nugget out of my mind. Yeah, this can't end well... and the fact that Skyler was smoking and has been smoking...

yeah, the writing is presumably on the wall.

PS. I think Skylar was using Walt's birthday mug as an ashtray at the end of last night's episode. Added insult to the cancer comment and then smoking in the house in, what I perceive, is a base covered in any way that Skylar can help speed up the cancer's return.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    I'm thinking that the pronounced ticking on Walt's watch is symbolic of Skylar's remaining time.

Just a wild prediction... Skylar is going to get rubbed out.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Seriously, I hope "Man Hands" gets taken out quickly...she is turning into a buzz kill.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    A couple of thoughts I had...

After she told him she wanted his cancer to come back and her having no emotion by saying that, I knew she was going to "step it up". Then her chain smoking inside the house using the birthday cup as an ashtray...talk about taking it to the next level!! What a bitch! :lol:
    I def think Walt is going to have to do something with her. The only problem is that while I can see the ricin cigarette being used, it's not ideal.
    If he puts the ricin on her cigarette or in her food, etc. and she dies a couple days later, that almost might look suspicious. You can't control when she dies. She falls ill at the carwash, goes to the hospital, they run tests on her, find nothing wrong. From a medical standpoint, a healthy person dying without reason is going to cause red flags for the medical examiner. He would then likely call in infectious disease who could then potentially find the ricin in her system. Then they'd want to know how a healthy woman with a family could get in contact with such a rare compound.
    To me, Walt would ideally have to make it look like a suicide. You have two witnesses other than Walt (one being the head of the DEA) who would say that she was depressed and tried to kill herself in the pool...so it makes sense. Ricin couldn't be involved in this then because if it killed her and he mocked up some suicide scene (say shot her and put a gun in her hand), they would be able to tell she was shot, stabbed, hung, thrown in the pool etc. post-mortum. With that said, I think he's actually going to have to physically kill her and I'm just saying...that pool would be a good option! ;)

Oh, and was it me or was that one ugly watch? :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    A couple of thoughts I had...

After she told him she wanted his cancer to come back and her having no emotion by saying that, I knew she was going to "step it up". Then her chain smoking inside the house using the birthday cup as an ashtray...talk about taking it to the next level!! What a bitch! :lol:
    I def think Walt is going to have to do something with her. The only problem is that while I can see the ricin cigarette being used, it's not ideal.
    If he puts the ricin on her cigarette or in her food, etc. and she dies a couple days later, that almost might look suspicious. You can't control when she dies. She falls ill at the carwash, goes to the hospital, they run tests on her, find nothing wrong. From a medical standpoint, a healthy person dying without reason is going to cause red flags for the medical examiner. He would then likely call in infectious disease who could then potentially find the ricin in her system. Then they'd want to know how a healthy woman with a family could get in contact with such a rare compound.
    To me, Walt would ideally have to make it look like a suicide. You have two witnesses other than Walt (one being the head of the DEA) who would say that she was depressed and tried to kill herself in the pool...so it makes sense. Ricin couldn't be involved in this then because if it killed her and he mocked up some suicide scene (say shot her and put a gun in her hand), they would be able to tell she was shot, stabbed, hung, thrown in the pool etc. post-mortum. With that said, I think he's actually going to have to physically kill her and I'm just saying...that pool would be a good option! ;)

Oh, and was it me or was that one ugly watch? :lol:

Someone's been doing some thinking. :lol:
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    DS1119 wrote:

Someone's been doing some thinking. :lol:
    :think:
    That's right! You guys better stay on my good side! :shifty:

:lol:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    dcfaithful wrote:
    What a thing to say about Walt's cancer. That was wild shit.

Great episode though... I feel something big happening between Skylar and Walt. With all that tension, how could it not.

Does any show create the kind of tension that Breaking Bad does??? Countless times my heart has been racing while watching this show.
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Added insult to the cancer comment and then smoking in the house in, what I perceive, is a base covered in any way that Skylar can help speed up the cancer's return.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that! I definitely see those scenes in a new light now.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Better Dan wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    just sayin'

Yup...Skylar is done
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Best episode of the season so far (and one of the best of the series IMO).

My favorite line of the episode was in the bedroom scene when Skylar mocked Walt (and brought out Heisenberg) by saying "I thought you were the danger".
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    This may be the best season yet.

Every episode is so good
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    rafie wrote:

My favorite line of the episode was in the bedroom scene when Skylar mocked Walt (and brought out Heisenberg) by saying "I thought you were the danger".

That line was awesome. It's amazing how much these 2 characters have changed over the past year since Walt was diagnosed. I have a feeling that this isn't going to end well for Skylar. But at the same time, it's hard to imagine Walt taking out his own wife even considering the monster that he has become.
  • Options
    rafie wrote:

That line was awesome. It's amazing how much these 2 characters have changed over the past year since Walt was diagnosed. I have a feeling that this isn't going to end well for Skylar. But at the same time, it's hard to imagine Walt taking out his own wife even considering the monster that he has become.

"Nothing stops this train."
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Better Dan wrote:
    rafie wrote:

"Nothing stops this train."

He's manipulated his "friend" Jesse into breaking it off with Andrea. He poisoned Andrea's little boy Brock.

At this point, Walt is such a changed man who is so consumed by his new endeavors and ego that I honestly think the only peoplehe wouldn't put at harm for his own benefit and safety are Junior and Holly (and I've even been reading some wild theories online about him being the cause of a possible death for Holly). Plus, Skylar has given him a lot of material to build up some animosity as he has for her. Based on the events of the last episode, I'm not even sure if Walt would be able to honestly say that he still "loves" his wife.

That might be a bit too big of an assumption of the character, but Walter White is clearly a changed man from the one that got into this business simply to build up money to take care of his expected-to-be-widowed wife and fatherless children after his cancer diagnosis.

He says he's in it now because he's broke, but my feelings are that even if Walt made up the money he lost and then some, he wouldn't hang it up. He's looking at being a head-honcho, and I think that feeling of power gives him a high he'd always been looking for in life and now he has it. He's Heisenberg and he enjoys it. The whole inclusion of the hat in the last episode definitely shined a light on the fact that he's really made some strides in his transformation from Walter White to Heisenberg.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I think you hit the nail on the head.
    He is finally in a position of power and he likes it. His entire life he was under achieving or playing second fiddle.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22