Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I was dying to know what was going through Skyler's mind at the end of last night's episode. Couldn't tell whether she was relaxing with Walt's touch and words, or if she was becoming even more tense and frightened.

I love the character development of Walt in particular. At the beginning of the show, he was timid, naive, and easily scared. Now he's weathered, indifferent, and fearless (possibly because he has to be like he said for his reasoning of not just walking away from it all).

It's gotta be only a matter of time until Hank catches Heisenberg. Hank is a sharp guy, especially in his profession. I kind of feel that the intro to Episode 1 of this season may have been a glimpse of what is to come later; Walter on the run (?). That's what I gathered from that short clip. The intros in the past have generally consisted of material that is to come later int ime and we're just in for the ride to connect the pieces together.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I loved Jesse's Crystal Ship reference.
    Now that Mike is officially on board, I can't wait to get the meth ball rolling again..the next episode should be really good!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/201 ... chat-i.php

Q: As the show progresses, we start seeing more Heisenberg and less Walter White. If we think of these two as individuals, which one do you enjoy playing the most? -- Crabjock

A: I can't differentiate between the two, he's too close to me. He is one in the same -- you can't cut one out, because the other would die. One's the muscle, one's the brain -- and it's fun to play this guy who's become this badass.

half muscle, half brain..Heis..it's just like your mustache :lol:
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    The last scene of episode 2 was creepy as hell.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Heisenberg wrote:
    The last scene of episode 2 was creepy as hell.

Yes it was. I expected it to end with Walter forcing himself on Skyler..I'm still not convinced that didn't happen after the episode ended...and yikes..his face while washing the dishes..scary!

The scene with Hank and Mike was great stuff! This season is off to a hell of a start!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2012/07/bryan-cranston-fan-chat-i.php

Q: As the show progresses, we start seeing more Heisenberg and less Walter White. If we think of these two as individuals, which one do you enjoy playing the most? -- Crabjock

A: I can't differentiate between the two, he's too close to me. He is one in the same -- you can't cut one out, because the other would die. One's the muscle, one's the brain -- and it's fun to play this guy who's become this badass.

half muscle, half brain..Heis..it's just like your mustache :lol:

Cranston is stealing my lines :lol:
  • Options
    so, thinking more about whats happened...
    walt may have caused more problems with the magnet trick
    they likely would not have found gus' cayman island bank account info behind that picture had it not fallen and broken. that account info is what lead them to all the employees... and so hank must know about walt at this point... why would gus have paid walt differently than his other employees?

and im not really buying that the DEA wouldnt have capable people on hand to get thru the encrypted code on gus' laptop... but if thats what they're going with, it would have been a dead end there and the magnet trick pointless regardless.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    they likely would not have found gus' cayman island bank account info behind that picture had it not fallen and broken. that account info is what lead them to all the employees... and so hank must know about walt at this point... why would gus have paid walt differently than his other employees?

Obviously Walt caused more problems with the magnet thing. But Walt wasn't on the los pollos hermanos payroll so Hank doesn't know about Walt's involvement....yet. Walt was paid in cash.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254

and im not really buying that the DEA wouldnt have capable people on hand to get thru the encrypted code on gus' laptop... but if thats what they're going with, it would have been a dead end there and the magnet trick pointless regardless.

Like Indifference said, Walt was paid in cash. A lot harder to trace back to someone. I do think that chick is going to be trouble though. She really tried to act like a bad guy, but you could clearly see she wasn't.
    Really, she's the only connection between the corporate cover-up and Walt....through Mike.

I think the encryption issue was more of a "well, it's broken anyways..."
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Was anyone else surprised when Mike revealed he was an ex-cop?
  • Options

I think Hank was just saying that to feel better about losing the data from the magnet. At that point, it seemed like he was the only one who had tried to check in there, not the data forensic experts.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Nope, but I do wonder what he did in Philly.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Do you think he was at the Spectrum shows? :lol:
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I was dying to know what was going through Skyler's mind at the end of last night's episode. Couldn't tell whether she was relaxing with Walt's touch and words, or if she was becoming even more tense and frightened.

I love the character development of Walt in particular. At the beginning of the show, he was timid, naive, and easily scared. Now he's weathered, indifferent, and fearless (possibly because he has to be like he said for his reasoning of not just walking away from it all).

It's gotta be only a matter of time until Hank catches Heisenberg. Hank is a sharp guy, especially in his profession. I kind of feel that the intro to Episode 1 of this season may have been a glimpse of what is to come later; Walter on the run (?). That's what I gathered from that short clip. The intros in the past have generally consisted of material that is to come later int ime and we're just in for the ride to connect the pieces together.

i didnt pick up on that til later. I just thought they were talking, then read some of what people were saying on here.

And im not surprised mike revealed he was an excop because he didnt reveal it. Hank and Gomez revealed it. Mike knows they know. And I think Mike knows they know he was gus frings go to guy and hitman. But I also think he knows they cant do a think about it.

More surprising to me was the demeaner of mike during the interrogation. He made no attempt to hide anything. Thus what I was suggesting, he knows that they know. It was almost like a dance, or a game, that scene for all 3 parties. Mike was calm and cool as all hell.
  • Options
    do you all think hong had more on his mind than was letting on? That scene when he was talking with mike in that building, and mike asked him not to smoke, seemed like hong wanted to say more to mike but was scared. This could be evidenced by the odd shot of hong stopping to look back at mike as mike walked on down the hall.
  • Options
    and as for what skyler feels about her husband i think she clearly is scared of him. The famous I am the One who Knocks speech from last year, seems to have been a turning point, you could tell she was scared of him then. And she said the same in episode 1. Her staying in bed, and not eating breakfast with the family in episode 2, and then that last scene where she wouldnt even look or talk to him I think are clearly read as she is terrified of him.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

No way...Mike seems like more of an Eagles or Three Dog Night fan to me.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

No way...Mike seems like more of an Eagles or Three Dog Night fan to me.

I'm guessing Bruce.
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    DS1119 wrote:
    Wasn't that already reviled in the past?
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Anyone notice that the Hungry Hungry Hippos game had two yellow hippos? I thought this was strange. Not sure if it meant anything or not.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Anyone notice that the Hungry Hungry Hippos game had two yellow hippos? I thought this was strange. Not sure if it meant anything or not.
    :o :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    rafie wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I don't think so but I'm not sure. :think:
  • Options
    adam42381 wrote:

I did notice that too. Head scratcher.
  • Options
    rafie wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I think it was mentioned once yeah
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    rafie wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I think it was mentioned once yeah
    It was when Mike went over to Walt's house and told him the story of when he was a cop, he'd get a regular call from a woman who's husband would always beat her up. She never pressed charges, Mike wanted to scare him and threatened to kill him but let him go. The next time he got the call, the woman was dead.
  • Options
    I think it was mentioned once yeah[/quote]
    It was when Mike went over to Walt's house and told him the story of when he was a cop, he'd get a regular call from a woman who's husband would always beat her up. She never pressed charges, Mike wanted to scare him and threatened to kill him but let him go. The next time he got the call, the woman was dead.[/quote]

exactly. the famous half measures speech. one of the more memorable of the series so far.
  • Options
    Can't wait for tonight's episode! :D
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

Me neither. First time having to wait for new BB episodes..It's becoming the highlight of the week for me. :lol:
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Me neither. First time having to wait for new BB episodes..It's becoming the highlight of the week for me. :lol:

Me too. I got spoiled watching Seasons 1-4 straight through.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    afroannnie wrote:
    Stoked! I had to re-watch the 2nd episode the other night. Completely forgot what happened! :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1