Options

FS/FT new 7 1/4 green/yellow PJ hat

AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
edited July 2012 in Lost Dogs
I just bought this hat but its to big on me. I am a 7 1/4 in new era mlb hats but this is way to big on me and goes over both my ears so i look ridiculous! willing to trade for something you have laying around or ship it to you for 20 bucks. Let me know what works!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 974
    I'm interested. Can you send me a pic? Check out my FT:/ISO: thread and let me know if anything interests you. The Katrina benefit hat is gone already.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    crap... that's not good news that these run big

pics are here
    http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info. ... ts_id=1002

IMG_2872.jpg
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    hence why the 10c should have never made them fitted hats. gonna be a logistical nightmare with the returns and exchanges for sure
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    hence why the 10c should have never made them fitted hats. gonna be a logistical nightmare with the returns and exchanges for sure

the 2 size flex hats S/M and L/XL get my vote
  • Options
    yeah i got a 7 5/8 that is giant on me too - usually that size fits perfect

i agree with the 2 size flex hats being real nice
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I was always a 7 3/8 but this spring when the Blue Jays unveiled their new sstuff we went down and I picked up a new hat. because they are a different blend of fabric now (the official new era caps are what I'm talking about less wool and more polyester) they run bigger. I had to grab a 7 1/4 and it fits nice. normally I would never be able to get a 7 1/4 on my head. maybe this is the way all hat manufacturers are going.
  • Options
    shaneroyshaneroy Posts: 75
    hey just thought id add my 5 cents here, i bought one of these in a 7 1/2 (size i wear for new era fitted hats) and it was also too big. the issue with these hats is they are bigger than new era 5950 hats from top to bottom (not front to back) thus they are able to be pulled over your ears. they literally use more material, BUT these hats are 100% wool (new era have a substantial amount of polyester that doesnt shrink) and you can shrink them a bit. I have simply put mine on for a few minutes after a hot shower 4 or 5 times and the hat has shrunk enough that i feel very comfortable wearing it brim forward. just an idea if you wanted to try and make it work for you, you could also wet it with hot water and dry with a blow dryer, that will certainly shrink it a bit, i wouldnt put it in a dryer though. if you really wanna take a shot a shrinking it you could run it through a dishwasher on the top rack, ive never tried that, but it could work. cheers
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    should have used a name brand hat......

flex fit hats are crap...i won't buy em.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shaneroyshaneroy Posts: 75
    I so agree about flex fit being crap, especially the newer ones that are thin cotton, i had one of the flex fits from the VFC tour 2004 that was wool and ok, but the part that makes them flexible eventually stretches out. I think teaming up with new era and doing 5950's would be a no brainer, they would sell a shit load of them.

that said, this current fitted hat is way superior to a flexfit.
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    Agreed, the flex fits are crap compared to a good quality "fitted" cap and new era is the main player in the business!!
    81 wrote:

"thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Agreed, the flex fits are crap compared to a good quality "fitted" cap and new era is the main player in the business!!
    81 wrote:

mitchell and ness make a good hat
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    Oh yes I forgot about them :fp: great hat. I have a few. Mostly throwback stuff as a recall.
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

mitchell and ness make a good hat
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    i've got a zepher that fits good too.

new era is actually my least favorite brand
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Ando wrote:
    I just bought this hat but its to big on me. I am a 7 1/4 in new era mlb hats but this is way to big on me and goes over both my ears so i look ridiculous! willing to trade for something you have laying around or ship it to you for 20 bucks. Let me know what works!
    10c will be happy to exchange it.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    shaneroy wrote:
    hey just thought id add my 5 cents here, i bought one of these in a 7 1/2 (size i wear for new era fitted hats) and it was also too big. the issue with these hats is they are bigger than new era 5950 hats from top to bottom (not front to back) thus they are able to be pulled over your ears. they literally use more material, BUT these hats are 100% wool (new era have a substantial amount of polyester that doesnt shrink) and you can shrink them a bit. I have simply put mine on for a few minutes after a hot shower 4 or 5 times and the hat has shrunk enough that i feel very comfortable wearing it brim forward. just an idea if you wanted to try and make it work for you, you could also wet it with hot water and dry with a blow dryer, that will certainly shrink it a bit, i wouldnt put it in a dryer though. if you really wanna take a shot a shrinking it you could run it through a dishwasher on the top rack, ive never tried that, but it could work. cheers

Lemme get this straight...

Are you showering with this hat on? What kind of shampoo?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06