The Mustard Situation....

2»

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Next time you're in Madison you'll have to check out the Mustard Museum!!
    http://mustardmuseum.com/

Oooh! They also have a shop with lots of German varieties :thumbup: We found Löwensenf and Alstersenf in the international section at Meijer's, but it's kind of expensive and Cav has a major mustard intake :lol: I'm going to cook eggs in mustard sauce tomorrow night - mmmmmh!

I seriously wondered about that - how it would be coming to the US and what kind of difference there would be in your mustard situation.
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Next time you're in Madison you'll have to check out the Mustard Museum!!
    http://mustardmuseum.com/

Oooh! They also have a shop with lots of German varieties :thumbup: We found Löwensenf and Alstersenf in the international section at Meijer's, but it's kind of expensive and Cav has a major mustard intake :lol: I'm going to cook eggs in mustard sauce tomorrow night - mmmmmh!

I seriously wondered about that - how it would be coming to the US and what kind of difference there would be in your mustard situation.

Of course the mustard I grew up with is the one that I love the most. But there is that saying "In default of a soul the devil puts up with a fly" ;) I even enjoy the packed bread from Aldi's now, just because it is the "Germanest" bread I can get for a quick fix here... The German mustard you can get here in the supermarket is perfectly fine.
    We had something like a horseradish situation here too, but the Amish here are selling a kind that almost tastes like home :) Oh, and there also is a sweet pickle situation going on. No US-replacement in sight. The American stuff is way too sweet for my taste. But we found German "crunchy pickles" in the international aisles in the supermarkets. Now that's what I'm talking about! I enjoy a precious gherkin every now and then, and sometimes even just take a sniff from the jar :oops: :lol: I'm a pickleholic. Haven't found pickled beet root balls yet either.
  • MMMM pass the spicy mustard... nom nom nom

Definitely making those brats today
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    What's new and delicious in the mustard thread?! :geek:
    :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&