Wounded Warrior Needs "Get Well" and "Birthday" cards..

elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,114
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Just got a request in to help spread some cheer to someone severely injured from a deployment in Afghanistan. I won't put the person's personal info here but if you are up for sending a "Get Well" Card and/or a Birthday card (his birthday is July 11), please PM me and I will send you his mailing address at the hospital. Being PJ fans, I figured this was a great place to post this as you are the greatest community on earth following the greatest giving band ever.
Thanks
-EV

Here is the request and details:

My stepbrother is currently serving in Khost, Afghanistan.
On June 20th they were hit with a suicide bomber attack. They lost three soldiers and five suffered horrible injuries. I was fortunate that my stepbrother was not on duty at the time, but my heart aches for the others and their families.
I am contacting you in regards to a Sgt in particular. He is currently at Walter Reed Army Hospital in Bethesda,Maryland. As of the last update I received he has already had 12 surgeries. He suffered numerous broken bones in his legs, had a pin placed in his left arm, another pin in his thumb and severe abdominal issues due to shrapnel in his abdomen.
I'm not looking for any money, I'm putting together a fundraiser up here. I am, however, hoping that you would reach out to your friends and ask that they send a card to help and lift his spirits.
This brave hero has a birthday coming up on Wednesday, July 11th.
I have collected almost 300 cards as of last night and am still going.
If its too short notice possibly some get well cards could be sent.
I only received the request from my stepbrother on Thursday evening, and couldn't find your card, otherwise I would have reached out to you sooner.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments