***Windy City tonight!!***

167891012»

Comments

• Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    PJChicago wrote:
    Just got back and i share the same feelings as many. The show started with some great promise and then came Betterman and Daughter. Where is the Why Go or Garden? How about Marker in the sand. This is a great new song for this tour and should be a staple every night. Always great to see PJ but, a little disappointed too. Tomorrow will probably knock it out.

Sorry you didn't get to hear Why Go or Garden or Marker. there was probably a few thousand other people who didn't hear all the songs they wanted too.

Next time they should just play 150 songs.
  • blueredgrayblueredgray Posts: 25
    I thought the show tonight was pretty good. Ed was drinking tea throughout but his voice was strong. I'm Open into I got Shit was my favorite part of the main set. Save You and Comatose also kicked ass. The rest of the main set was pretty normal. The first encore was not great - they just didn't seem to have enough energy IMO. However, the second encore was awesome. Go then Blood then Indifference was great (repeated Bow Wow Wow ... on Blood). Baba was also pretty sweet.

All in all, a great show, but near the bottom of the ten shows I've seen. I could be biased because I hate the UC as a venue - it is just too antiseptic. Looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully they'll play Marker which is my favorite from the new album.
    2003 - Champaign (first show), Chicago, Uniondale, MSG II, State College, Alpine Valley; 2004 - Toledo, Grand Rapids; 2005 - Kitchener, London.
  • this was my first show so obviously i was pleased with the experience. i kind of was hoping for some sweet rarity or b-side and we didn't get it, but that's fine. the crowd was fantastic and the band was rock solid. everyone i heard walking away from the show said it was "unbelievable" or "amazing" and that seemed to be the general atmosphere in the stadium. there were some really good sing-alongs. so overall, they'll probably bring the weirder setlist for tomorrow but i can't complain with this setlist as i've never seen them perform before and they played most of their "hits"
  • clk019clk019 Posts: 88
    OKmarty wrote:
    earlier in the show during evenflow mike's solo was questionably off-tempo for a prolonged period of time. he appeared to be in his own world and maybe wasn't very focused on the beat. but again, i need to hear the bootlegs to confirm this.

I found this to be true as well. The guitar was way over the top of the mix and he wasn't in time, which made it way interesting...lazz improv
    So held by these thoughts
    They refuse to slip away
    Hangman in dreamland
    About to call your name
    Much to be done
    Much to be

07/26/98, 10/08/00, 06/21/03, 09/09/05, 05/16/06, 05/17/06 – (WOW), 05/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 05/20/06, 08/05/07, 06/17/08, 05/07/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER), 11/14/16 – (Temple of the Dog), 05/09/22. Coming Soon: 08/29/24 and 08/31/24.

• clk019 wrote:
    I found this to be true as well. The guitar was way over the top of the mix and he wasn't in time, which made it way interesting...lazz improv

i was on the right side of the stage and i couldn't hear mike at all for like the first half of the concert. all his leads in WWS and life wasted. i hardly heard that. parts of the even flow solo came through, but there were parts where i couldn't hear him at all. i don't know....maybe i'm just used to the great mixing on the official boots, but that was sort of disappointing at times
  • heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Just got back from Chicago night #1 ... Absolutely loved it! Seats were way up in the third balcony stage right and still loved the show! Lookin' forward to tomorrow night Ten Club seats, missed out on those this evening ...

This was my 13th pj show and one of the best I have seen in Chicago. Release, as always was a passionate opener. Low light was amazing, had never heard this live and hearing Porch once again, one of my favorites, was in a state of bliss! Indifference too! I remember they closed with this in 94' in the old Chicago Stadium.

Yeah there were some technical errors here and there, but that's part and parcel of a live show. The sheer energy of the band and interplay with the audience, the moments where everything is "one" puts all that kinda stuff in perspective.

I thought Eddie sounded fantastic!!!

There are always so many songs ya wanna hear ... wish they would have played Gone, Inside Job or Marker In The Sand, but all in all I was more than pleased with the set list. After finally hearing "breath" last tour, a dream come true, I guess I have relaxed into a state of permanent bliss in regard to set lists.

The only thing I am bummin' about is I am only going to one more show ... maybe two if I can make it to Detroit!

Lookin' forward to another awesome show tomorrow night, ten club seats, the energy of the crowd ... wonder what they will open with?!?!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22