***Windy City tonight!!***

Comments

• TorontoPJFanTorontoPJFan Posts: 133
    my sorry ass will be there...so here's hoping!

I hope it's epic.
    How could she say to me, "love will find a way?"

Toronto Molson Amphitheatre 06.28.2003
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.09.2006
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.10.2006
  • Must be one long Blood.
  • PlaLEashPlaLEash Posts: 75
    BabA O..bitches
  • Indifference them Baba
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • RevolverRevolver Posts: 34
    Baba! It's about time.
  • [quote
    this set is looking better now.

do not kid yourself
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Yellow Ledbetter?? or RITFW??
    3-19-94, 8-18-98, 8-18-00, 10-08-00, 10-09-00, 11-06-00, 6-02-03, 6-03-03, 6-05-03, 6-06-03, 6-07-03, 10-25-03(bridge), 10-26-03(bridge), 10-28-03, 7-06-06, 7-07-06, 7-09-06, 7-10-06, 7-13-06, 7-22-06, 7-23-06, 8-5-07, 06-22-08, 06-24-08, 08-21-08(EV), 08-22-08(EV), 8-23-09, 8-24-09, 10-06-09, 10-07-09, 10-09-09, 05-07-10, 09-03-11, 09-04-11, 07-19-13, 10-16-14, 10-17-14, 10-19-14, 10-20-14, 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 08-18-18, 08-20-18, 09-05-23, 09-18-23, 09-19-23.
  • I hope it's epic.
    how about 3 encores...maybe some no way? how about some freaking tremor christ? nothingman?...hell anything off vitalogy that isn't better man or corduroy.
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Indifference them Baba

my word, that IS a lot of Vs. No complaints here though.

And, to hell with the naysayers, I would have loved to have been at this show. Lots of stuff, I personally, have never heard live before ... or at least not in 11 years or so.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • my sister's at the show, I heard Indifference over the cell, i'm so jealous right now. i really like the set tonight
    "Don't go BP Amoco!"
  • sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    is it over?
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • sebaarg88 wrote:
    is it over?
    i was just about to ask the same thing.
    anyone?
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    its not a bad set just not brilliant.... tomorrow nght will be though.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • We have Yellow Ledbetter Folks. haaha
    Can't go without that one hehe.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Zoso wrote:
    its not a bad set just not brilliant.... tomorrow nght will be though.

The show might not be over yet, I dunno. But even if it is, here are what would have been the highlights for me had I been there:

Release -- Always a great opener. Never heard it live before in my 11-year, nine-show PJ-watching career.

Lowlight -- Never heard it live before. Been wanting to since the day Yield was released.

I Got Shit -- Heard it before. Twice. Great song. Not played all that often.

Present Tense -- Never heard it before live.

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away -- I'm a sucker for the ed solo songs coming out of an encore break. And this is a good one.

Blood -- Is this 1994 all over again?

Black -- My favorite song of all time. NEver heard a bad version. And if ed added the "we belong together" tag again, all the better.

Indifference -- Closed the first PJ show I ever saw, as the sun sank below the stage at Southpark Meadows in Austin. That was 11 years ago. Haven't heard it since.

So I don't know how anybody could say this set sucked. I really can't.

but ah well ... I guess I just don't know what people expect from these guys.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Rock solid set list. I would have counted myself very fortunate to be there. I think that tomorrow holds something special. Just like Toronto 1 & 2. First one was a great show but the second one blew the lid off the place.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    The show might not be over yet, I dunno. But even if it is, here are what would have been the highlights for me had I been there:

Release -- Always a great opener. Never heard it live before in my 11-year, nine-show PJ-watching career.

Lowlight -- Never heard it live before. Been wanting to since the day Yield was released.

I Got Shit -- Heard it before. Twice. Great song. Not played all that often.

Present Tense -- Never heard it before live.

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away -- I'm a sucker for the ed solo songs coming out of an encore break. And this is a good one.

Blood -- Is this 1994 all over again?

Black -- My favorite song of all time. NEver heard a bad version. And if ed added the "we'll belong together" tag again, all the better.

Indifference -- Closed the first PJ show I ever saw, as the sun sank below the stage at Southpark Meadows in Austin. That was 11 years ago. Haven't heard it since.

So I don't know how anybody could say this set sucked. I really can't.

but ah well ... I guess I just don't know what people expect from these guys.

indifference is always a treat
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Is it confirmed somewhere that this was played? The other setlist thread has this as 3rd encore.
    3-19-94, 8-18-98, 8-18-00, 10-08-00, 10-09-00, 11-06-00, 6-02-03, 6-03-03, 6-05-03, 6-06-03, 6-07-03, 10-25-03(bridge), 10-26-03(bridge), 10-28-03, 7-06-06, 7-07-06, 7-09-06, 7-10-06, 7-13-06, 7-22-06, 7-23-06, 8-5-07, 06-22-08, 06-24-08, 08-21-08(EV), 08-22-08(EV), 8-23-09, 8-24-09, 10-06-09, 10-07-09, 10-09-09, 05-07-10, 09-03-11, 09-04-11, 07-19-13, 10-16-14, 10-17-14, 10-19-14, 10-20-14, 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 08-18-18, 08-20-18, 09-05-23, 09-18-23, 09-19-23.
  • rcs wrote:
    Rock solid set list. I would have counted myself very fortunate to be there. I think that tomorrow holds something special. Just like Toronto 1 & 2. First one was a great show but the second one blew the lid off the place.

agreed. tomorrow's set should be something else, they're setting the bar high this tour.
    "Don't go BP Amoco!"
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Jeremy been played every single night of the tour thus far? 4 nights in a row of Jeremy? Are we back in 1992 again? Who remembers when Jeff called this a "once every 5 nights" song a few years ago. WTF?

I hope they start adding more variety soon...or at least by early July. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    tough crowd.

That is a pretty kick ass set.
  • sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Jeremy been played every single night of the tour thus far? 4 nights in a row of Jeremy? Are we back in 1992 again? Who remembers when Jeff called this a "once every 5 nights" song a few years ago. WTF?

I hope they start adding more variety soon...or at least by early July. :)

jeremy was not played in hartford
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • pjfan9110pjfan9110 Posts: 145
    Smellyman wrote:
    tough crowd.

i would agree....nothing stellar but still a very very solid setlist...because the last couple of shows have had rarities in them people are beginning to expect em...but i would take given to fly, low light, i got shit and present tense any day of the week
    1998-06-27 Alpine Valley, WI / 2000-10-08 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-06-21 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-04-26 Mellon Arena, PA / 2004-10-03 Grand Rapids VFC, 2006-05-17 United Center, IL / 2006-06-29 Milwaukee, WI / 2006-06-30 Milwaukke, WI / 2011-09-03 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2011-09-04 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2013-07-19 Wrigley Field / 2014-10-19 St. Paul / 2014-10-20 Milwaukee, WI
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    complete set anyone?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • blarrgblarrg Posts: 47
    Smellyman wrote:
    tough crowd.

Yup. Great set! I'd give my left nut to see I'm open. Well maybe not, but it sounds good.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Wait,...so this real?

GO>>into>> BLOOOOOOOOD

:eek: :eek:

K.O.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • PJChicagoPJChicago Posts: 7
    Just got back and i share the same feelings as many. The show started with some great promise and then came Betterman and Daughter. Where is the Why Go or Garden? How about Marker in the sand. This is a great new song for this tour and should be a staple every night. Always great to see PJ but, a little disappointed too. Tomorrow will probably knock it out.
  • CocacolakidCocacolakid Posts: 14
    I just got home from the show, the setlist on page 1 looks correct, but Yellow Ledbetter wasn't on the third encore, it was the end of the second encore, they never left the stage after Baba O'Reilly.

We sat center stage, 4th row. Great seats, thank you to the ten club.

Eddie was very nice to a lot of people tonight, Rob was in the first row, center stage, and Eddie talked during a break about how Rob was at their first concert in Chicago(I'm guessing in Chicago), back when the band was still called Mookie Blaylock (according to Ed, I'm not big on their history of exactly when they changed their name). Ed said that this guy Rob was wearing a Mother Love Bone shirt that first concert, and has been at every Chicago concert since then. Ed said that Rob was in the first row, center stage, the way it should be. Then everyone gave Rob a nice ovation. Later Eddie threw him a tamborine.

Eddie also threw a tamborine to a young girl in the third row who instantly had the biggest smile in the place as she clung to that tamborine and then sang along to Yellow Ledbetter. I think earlier Eddie was trying to point her out to get her on stage, but the security guys picked out two drunk blonde's next to her and brought them to the front row. Eddie was singing, looked over and said, "oh well." The blondes never got on stage. Neither did the girl.

Finally, they played Lowlight, which was very special for a couple in the audience in the second row. Before the show they said that they had gotten married on Saturday and the bride walked down the aisle to Lowlight. I think it's very possible someone close to band heard this story somewhere and that's why it was played. Eddie said, "we don't play this song very often, but it's special," or something like that. It was really cool watching the guy and his new bride react to the song. They were hugging and waving their arms and kissing, very nice.

Several really nice moments, just watching the reactions of the crowd. Another great concert by the guys.

Cool poster tonight, too.
    One man, with a dream at leisure
    Can go out to conquer a crown,
    But three, with a new song's measure
    Can crumble an Empire down.

From "Ode" by Arthur O'Shaunessy (d. 1889)
  • OKmartyOKmarty Posts: 3
    just got back from the show tonight in chicago. i'm going to run down a personal highlight reel of stage-banter, etc. from tonight as the setlist is already up. fyi my fan club number is 325XXX and I was seated in section 103, off the floor, to the side of the stage, six rows up and about 250 feet away from the stage.

first off: release. GREAT to see this song live, it hearkened back to the glory days of the summer of '95 when the boys opened with this same song on July 11th in chicago.

before one of the songs ed taunts the crowd by suggesting that the large banners displaying the names of several well-known chicago professional basketball hanging above them ought to be removed as they are absorbing the sound. he goes so far as to suggest that jordan's banner in particular be removed, later quipping that he should fold it up and put in his suitcase. before another one of the songs he professes his chicagoan uprbringing and loyalty and states that he'll always be "a kid from chicago."

ed prefaced daughter by saying "this song is called 'thank heaven for little girls.'" of course refering to his two-year old daughter, who i spotted being carried by paramour/mother jill mccormick, who was walking around the floor to the sidestage before PJ went on. mccormick is tall and lanky and eddie's daughter is really cute with shoulder-length blond curly hair. she was with another older woman that i thought might have been ed's mom.

before the first encore ed goes into an extended bit about how everyone has their favorite Beatle. as he was holding his acoustic guitar and saddled with a harmonica, i immediately thought that he would proclaim lennon as his number one Beatle but instead he said that yoko was his favorite. i joined some of the crowd in booing this statement but after a few seconds he waved his finger at us and said, "you'll see, you need time" adding that people that are into "experimentation" usually find her as their favorite.

during the solemn Indifference mike's guitar tech bumbles up on stage to address some issue with mike's guitar, but somewhere along the way things screw up and mike's guitar goes "RAARRR" in the middle of the song, providing an obvious though short-lived interruption into the otherwise well-performed dirge. also (i need to listen to the bootlegs to confirm this) earlier in the show during evenflow mike's solo was questionably off-tempo for a prolonged period of time. he appeared to be in his own world and maybe wasn't very focused on the beat. but again, i need to hear the bootlegs to confirm this.

all in all, it was a great show. it reminded me a lot of united center june 98, where they also closed with baba and ledbetter. sound quality wise i thought that band could have been louder, but all in all it was a great mix. the laser lighting effects also added a great touch to the burning rockers "go" and "blood." head-smashed tambourines on baba.

can't wait for tomorrow night.
  • CocacolakidCocacolakid Posts: 14
    One more thing to ad, during the Daughter tag, when they went into WMA, Eddie changed the words, instead of singing
    "Dirty his hands it comes right off,
    Policeman
    Policeman
    Policeman"

he sang:

"Dirty his hands it comes right off,
    President
    President
    President"

I'm very interested in how this bootleg will sound, since you get such a different perspective in the audience with everyone singing along, you almost do not hear Eddie's voice that much.

One last thing,
    My Morning Jacket ROCKS!!

Great band, best opening band I've ever seen on a Pearl Jam tour. Can't wait to see both bands again tomorrow.
    One man, with a dream at leisure
    Can go out to conquer a crown,
    But three, with a new song's measure
    Can crumble an Empire down.

From "Ode" by Arthur O'Shaunessy (d. 1889)