So did ya have fun yesterday?

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
We went for a bike ride, then went to the pool for 3 hours.
Came home, grilled some food.
Took a nap (its hell getting old!)
Went and saw a real nice foreworks show.

What was your day like?
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    almost same as you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    yes, started Tuesday night, had my three sons with us. had a big Italian dinner, then watched a movie. Yesterday we went to the local "lake" for a cook out of burgers and dogs, boy swam in the lake.
  • bambi girlbambi girl Posts: 406
    1am bed time as partner knocked out playing football,
    followed by a 4am wake up with my 2 year old not breathing properly....ambulance etc.
    trip to the beach to clear all our heads!
    nap.
    back to work for some training.
    bed!

your day sounds like heaven, speedy!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    bored to death in brooklyn

NEVER AGAIN will i not go to the beach crib on the 4th ..no matter what day of the week

i watched all 4 JAWS for the 500th time
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I went to the sporting goods store and bought a football

Went to Little Caesars for Pizza

Watched Comedy Central all day and caught the new Futurama
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    Too much fun :o

My head is aching here at work :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Grilled great food.

Watch the fireworks during a thunderstorm !!! The combination of thunder, lightning, warm rain and fireworks - Just Awesome !!!!! The kids and I were soaked :D Loved it....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

wow ..i thought my day sucked :mrgreen:

im kidding..just bored at work

nobody had a more boring day than me
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Little C's. Damn. I'm sorry.

wow ..i thought my day sucked :mrgreen:

im kidding..just bored at work

nobody had a more boring day than me

It did kind of suck in all honesty. I didn't feel like driving to my parents place
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Little C's. Damn. I'm sorry.

5 dollars is 5 dollars
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Had the best 4th I've had in a looooong time. Took my gf and her kids to my sisters house to swim, grill and blow shit up in the rain!
    It was a blast. I even ate a turkey burger, and I'm hooked! From now on grilling out will include turkey burgers for me.
    Got to know the gf's little ones. ( I think the fart bomb app on my phone won them over ).
    Great day.
    Came back to the gf's house and we decided to use a floating holiday today, going to have a lazy lay around movie day with the little ones.
    My life couldn't be any better right now. :)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    the wolf wrote:
    Had the best 4th I've had in a looooong time. Took my gf and her kids to my sisters house to swim, grill and blow shit up in the rain!
    It was a blast. I even ate a turkey burger, and I'm hooked! From now on grilling out will include turkey burgers for me.
    Got to know the gf's little ones. ( I think the fart bomb app on my phone won them over ).
    Great day.
    Came back to the gf's house and we decided to use a floating holiday today, going to have a lazy lay around movie day with the little ones.
    My life couldn't be any better right now. :)
    VERY NICE!!!!

Glad things are going good for you!!!!!

Im still not hooked on the Turkey Burgers yet...
    Ive been force fed these things, for the last month or so...
    Im starting to warm up...hehehehehe
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Actually had a great time with the in-laws on Tuesday night. By the time we got there, they were all hammered. I ended up shotgunning some beers with them and we blew up lots of fireworks! Best time I've ever had with them to be honest!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Actually had a great time with the in-laws on Tuesday night. By the time we got there, they were all hammered. I ended up shotgunning some beers with them and we blew up lots of fireworks! Best time I've ever had with them to be honest!
    Booze with the Outlaws!!!

ALWAYS a good time!!!!
  • great day, cooked, bbq, fireworks, drinks, whoo hoo
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Made famous chicken kaboobs -- Green peppers, onions, mushrooms, pineapple, cherry tomatoes in teryaki...and lots of rum...And I still have all my eyebrows.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    ribeyes on a new pos cheapass charbroil square kettle grill. Was only 30 bucks. the two gas grills we have will be hitting the curb. Old and rusting. would rather save up and buy new. Like those combo charcoal/gas grill deals I've seen now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Made famous chicken kaboobs -- Green peppers, onions, mushrooms, pineapple, cherry tomatoes in teryaki...and lots of rum...And I still have all my eyebrows.

That sounds soooo good!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Spent the day in with my sweetie and cats 1 & 2
    Nursed a sore jaw and ate basically soft food all damn day, with a couple bites of a diggity-dog in the afternoon
    Napped for three hours - god I love it
    Watched part of the Twilight Zone marathon

We're fortunate to have a near 180-degree view of the city here and even though it was overcast most of yesterday and last night, South LA's view rocked and went on for well over an hour.

I heard that a major fireworks display in San Diego went off all at once. Hilarious!

(ps...hope your little one's OK, bambi girl)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mikalina wrote:

Watch the fireworks during a thunderstorm !!!

That sounds so 8-)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    i watched all 4 JAWS for the 500th time
    HBO Zone marathon. I watched a little of the original before heading to the beach and getting caught in a downpour. Saw the end of Jaws 2 when I got back.

You should have skipped "Jaws the Revenge".
    Talk about your ridiculous premise..shark follows Ellen Brody to the Bahamas...so what did the shark do, check out the flight plan and follow the plane.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    packed & watched baseball all day. it wasn't ideal, but it wasn't too bad.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Poncier wrote:
    Talk about your ridiculous premise..shark follows Ellen Brody to the Bahamas...so what did the shark do, check out the flight plan and follow the plane.
    :mrgreen:

I do love the original, though.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,219
    Yeah not to bad spent most of the day at the Beach swimming was awsome , once home got the fire pit going drank some good Mojito's but still not my fav summer drink i'm not Rum lover ..
    Headed to the Basement once the fireworks started my Dog was shaking like a leaf had to make sure she was ok ...Today i'm here at work , tomorrow off for a nice three day weekend !!!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    hedonist wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    :mrgreen:

I do love the original, though.
    The original still stands as perhaps my favorite movie of all time. Sequels were such crap. 2 is slightly tolerable, but thats it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I had a kick ass time between midnight and 7:30am. Then again at 10:30am until about noon since I was still drunk when I woke up. After that I spent the day hungover as fuck. But damn it was worth it.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I had a kick ass time between midnight and 7:30am. Then again at 10:30am until about noon since I was still drunk when I woke up. After that I spent the day hungover as fuck. But damn it was worth it.

:thumbup: :wave:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    mfc2006 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

:thumbup: :wave:

8-) :wave:
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Got gave a fish fry with my family before work
    yesterday, then went to work, and did abdofuckinglutely
    NOTHING!!!! There was only ONE discharge the whole
    night!! Woke up to having the house to myself
    this morning, and a birthday cake and scarf with