Regrets...

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    DS1119 wrote:
    I regret not studying abroad in college

I regret not studying more broads in college.

My house has been a hub for them lately. :P
    Eating that 2nd McChicken yesterday.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Eating any McChicken yesterday.

fixed
    DS1119 wrote:
    Eating any McChicken yesterday.

fixed

Well said
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I can't stop thinking about how differently a specific night could have ended if I had just pulled the selfish card for a minute and gone after what I wanted :fp: Stupid regrets!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I can't stop thinking about how differently a specific night could have ended if I had just pulled the selfish card for a minute and gone after what I wanted :fp: Stupid regrets!!!

go on....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    long story short.....
    my Dad was really sick. he had just been diagnosed with ALS 3 months prior. i requested time off from work to fly home to see him. it was approved. another manager at the store (that had seniority) also requested the time off 5 days after i did. she got the time off & i had to stay & work. i thought i had more time....i booked another flight for 3 weeks later. a week and a half later, my Dad passed away.

i regret not fighting for my time off. i regret not quitting right then & there to go to Houston. i carry this regret with me to this day.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mfc2006 wrote:
    long story short.....
    my Dad was really sick. he had just been diagnosed with ALS 3 months prior. i requested time off from work to fly home to see him. it was approved. another manager at the store (that had seniority) also requested the time off 5 days after i did. she got the time off & i had to stay & work. i thought i had more time....i booked another flight for 3 weeks later. a week and a half later, my Dad passed away.

i regret not fighting for my time off. i regret not quitting right then & there to go to Houston. i carry this regret with me to this day.

I'm sorry that happened to you Matt.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I'm sorry to hear about that, Matt :(

I try not to loose too much thought about regrets. I regret that I haven't met Cav earlier in my life. But maybe then we wouldn't have been as compatible yet :think: Still. *insertMargeSimpsongroan*

What is an AP class?
    Mamasan23 wrote:

that's me too
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    mfc2006 wrote:
    long story short.....

:( I'm so sorry Matt. But you had no idea of knowing, try not to beat yourself up over it. I'm sure he knew that you would have been there if you could have.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,361
    Interesting thread! I don't buy into the whole "Live Life Without Regrets" kinda thing. I've hear so many people say it before and I call bs.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    I'm sorry to hear about that, Matt :(

I try not to loose too much thought about regrets. I regret that I haven't met Cav earlier in my life. But maybe then we wouldn't have been as compatible yet :think: Still. *insertMargeSimpsongroan*

What is an AP class?

thanks, everyone.

Lisa...an AP class is an advanced placement class. where you take classes in high school for college credit.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

that's me too

Dammit. We need to support each other in our quest to put ourselves first!!!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    033.jpg
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

that's me too

not that I'm glad I have the regret (or you either), I am just glad that I'm not the only one who still thinks about one silly little regret. GAH!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

that's me too

:fp: You make me sick. :corn:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    not that I'm glad I have the regret (or you either), I am just glad that I'm not the only one who still thinks about one silly little regret. GAH!
    Nope, you're not alone! I'd say we could start a thread, but it'll likely get locked, my support group threads don't work out too well :lol:

Go to class grasshopper!
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Nope, you're not alone! I'd say we could start a thread, but it'll likely get locked, my support group threads don't work out too well :lol:

I could use the support, but I don't want to go into all the details and have it preserved here for all of eternity...things have a way of coming back to haunt you.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

please elaborate :corn:
    I don't need drugs to make my life tragic~E.V.
  • 3rd September 2011....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    3rd September 2011....

what happened at Alpine?

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    3rd September 2011....

what happened at Alpine?
    is what didnt happened at Alpine that day....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

Go to class grasshopper!

:shh:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    3rd September 2011....

what happened at Alpine?

:(

- Christopher McCandless
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Go to class grasshopper!

:shh:

go to bed Will

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

go to bed Will

Reading done: check

Nothing else to do: check

Study for the next quiz so I don't fail again: not check :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:

go to bed Will

Reading done: check

Nothing else to do: check

Study for the next quiz so I don't fail again: not check :lol:

study for the next quiz would fall under 'something to do' :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    study for the next quiz would fall under 'something to do' :lol:

:think: Argument: not valid :lol:
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    [

:(
    i know..i know... :(