Regrets...

peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I regret never taking an AP class in high school....

The credits would be nice...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Took two of them in high school. Calculus and biology. They don't mean shit. :lol::lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    DS1119 wrote:
    Took two of them in high school. Calculus and biology. They don't mean shit. :lol::lol:

But they were college credits, no?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I've had a few...
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I've had a few...

Haven't we all?
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    i took AP English and AP US History in high school. Seems most people just take AP classes to make their college applications look good. But AP US History remains one of my all time favorite classes. At one time I even considered buying that textbook for my own personal use. It was such a facinating and demanding class. One of the major things that stood out for me, was the fact we were expected in AP US History to have read several chapters during the summer and be prepared on day 1 to take a test on that material. The other thing that stood out was the required attendence on exams and some mandatory classes on the weekend. And the thing was, I happily did both. I loved that class so much, it didnt matter that I had to come in on a weekend.

Few classes in college and in my current 2nd trip to college match or matched that level of excitement and intense desire for learning that AP History provided. And plus the teacher was one of the most passionate and cool teachers Ive ever had the pleasure of learning from. He's the type of guy who made you interested in a bunch of dead people in some textbook, and dressed up as George Washington and Lincoln, and had a keen sense of how art, music and movies plays a role in documenting and discussing politics and historical ideas.

AP ENGLISH on the other hand really didnt do much for me. The teacher was a jerk, one of the more memorable events was my refusing to stand for the pledge of alligiance and the teacher requiring me to stand. I was so taken aback, I ended up standing, and later complained face to face with the principal. A word was never spoken about that incident to me by the teacher or the principal. One of the oddest moments of my life and my school career. I feel major regret that I didnt make a bigger fuss and that I didnt just flat out refuse to stand, and didnt call the teacher out in front of the entire class. But I really have never been that type of person. As a result, the class readings of interesting and major books like Gatsby and Huck Finn and the Oddysee were tainted in my view. Interestingly enough I also was taking place in a Native American Club assembly and that would have meant id miss that class. The teacher I believe instructed me to attend class and miss the assembly. Good old Miss Terry.

Anyways, in the grand scheme of things sure AP classes may not mean much, but when I went to college for my first degree, I had several credits of history and several in English taken care of, and didnt have to take those classes again.
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    I've had a few...
    But then again
    Too few to mention
    :D
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
    DS1119 wrote:

Not for me. I discovered pot in 11th grade and took the Ap courses my senior year. Didn't go too well. :lol::lol:
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    DS1119 wrote:

Took one -- English. And, like you said, didn't mean anything. I didn't even get any credits for it ... apparently I didn't do well enough on the AP exam ... :cry:

But, looking back 15 years later, that $hit REALLY don't mean a thang. :D

Side note: I did that math in my head, and I first started with 12, then went to 14. F me, I'm getting old, ha! :lol:

But on regrets, I try not to have any as all my "mistakes" have made me the person I am today, and I fairly like who I am.

Mostly. :P
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Not for me. I discovered pot in 11th grade and took the Ap courses my senior year. Didn't go too well. :lol::lol:

I discovered it in 9th grade... Here I am :-P
    I regret using a calculator for 90% of my Algebra in college...

No I don't! That class was a joke! :lol::lol::lol:
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,104
    stormtrooper-regrets.jpg
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    stormtrooper-regrets.jpg

:lol::D :-P :thumbup:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    YOU know....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    edited July 2012
    It is a different game from when I was in high school to now that my kids are and there isn't a large gap for us.

I am very glad my oldest was able to take AP classes and have them count toward his college courses. It's nice to just get a little bit ahead. So many kids today take AP classes in our area it's almost maditory to even stay competitive for college.

If my younger son keeps on track he will finish high school with an associates degree. Both are / were free through their school.

It's a competitive world out there and it isn't getting any easier so any advantage you can give yourself or your kids the better off ;)

I could regret a lot of things but I am trying to learn from the past as to not repeat or have my loved ones have similar regrets......
    Post edited by bionicamy on
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    not saying everything that i wanted to say to my Dad before he passed away.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Regret

1233863851-Prophet_of_regret.jpg
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    mfc2006 wrote:
    not saying everything that i wanted to say to my Dad before he passed away.

I agree,I still have imaginary conversation with him.

I regret letting embarrassment,anxiety or shyness stop me from saying how I feel about people in my life.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hell yeah...many. All lessons learned, though.

Makes me a (hopefully) wiser person; at least, over time.

- (change don't come at once)

Just as how failures eventually lead to success, if they're embraced in the right way.

And now...I must listen to "My Way" 8-)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I regret never taking an AP class in high school....

The credits would be nice...
    AP classes is all I had my senior year. Didn't make much difference in the long run...
  • antti23antti23 Posts: 138
    Stockholm 2012
    Oslo 2012
    Stockholm 2014
    Oslo 2014
    Being drunk at a church....

:lol:

You obviously have never been in a wedding. :lol:
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its been a long time since I have been...but I would be more likely to regret NOT being drunk...may have made the whole thing a bit more bearable!!!
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
    DS1119 wrote:

You obviously have never been in a wedding. :lol:

Um... No, you're right. I haven't. My sister has been in two.

I was drunk during a service :lol:
    Highlighting every application on my desktop and forgetting to click before double clicking.
    Leaving the door open so the bat got in.
    Flipping that hot cooking oil in the pan....
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I regret not studying abroad in college
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"

I regret not studying more broads in college.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    DS1119 wrote:

I regret not studying more broads in college.

I studied a lot of men in college. Would have been better off going overseas :roll: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"