It's Freakin Hot!

2»

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    i'd rather take this weather anyday than freezing cold temperatures.

Or 8 months of grey and in the upper 50's
    I think living in Seattle gave me seasonal affective disorder-I'm just not happy on grey days.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I thought that on the PEPCO interactive map my area had electricity, but when my twin drove me home, it didn't. *sad* Luckily, I'll be able to stay with her more days.

There were much fewer cars on the road, and hardly any in my parking lot. I guess many of us who had the chance to find shelter elsewhere took it.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    Hummm it may have been a very bad plan to book a trip to utah in august! Sounds like its going to be extra hot eecks!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The humidity is starting to kick in. Yuck
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    97 on thursday...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428

in general i agree but friday sucked. that humidty was brutal. i enjoy the heat usually though. saturday and sunday weren't too bad. i love how people act like it's so suprising to be hot and humid in late june/early july. come on people this is normal, lighten up.

although good luck to the people down in DC/NOVA areas. days without power is brutal. looked pretty nasty down there.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    No, seriously. Y'all can stop your complaining.

Signed,
    Everyone in Texas
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    drivingrl wrote:
    Oh, shut your mouths! :nono:

The week-long stint of heat you're experiencing is 5 months of our year in Texas. Summer lasts April - September in Texas, and typically we experience 3 months of 100+ degrees every day.

move :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    drivingrl wrote:
    No, seriously. Y'all can stop your complaining.

Signed,
    Everyone in Texas

don't worry bout me ..this 90+ everyday is BBBBBUUUUUUTIFUL
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    It IS freakin hot! Record 105 here Friday, 104 yesterday. Yucky and humid. Wyoming sounds pretty good right about now. Every summer I spend waiting for fall. :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

^^^this

according to my 'weather station' it's 68 and 61% humidity...and overcast.

:lol: just looked at the temperature map, and pretty much western Washington is the only place in the US where it is below 70.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    98°F

:lol:

I'm going to step outside for a moment...
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    RKCNDY wrote:

^^^this

according to my 'weather station' it's 68 and 61% humidity...and overcast.

:lol: just looked at the temperature map, and pretty much western Washington is the only place in the US where it is below 70.

it hasn't even cracked 60 here today...prolly won't. still i'll take this any day over what the rest of the country is getting...

don't miss all that craptastic heat & humidity the least lil bit...they can keep it.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    81 wrote:
    You guys don't know hot. Come to Australia in summer.
    Insert ziggy here

Damn right....I live in one of the hottest parts of Australia.... 8-)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    You know it's hot when you go to the beach and the seagulls are all sitting there panting... :wtf:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    not much longer in the TX heat.....
    8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    supposed to be 104 on wednesday :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    iamica wrote:
    You know it's hot when you go to the beach and the seagulls are all sitting there panting... :wtf:

:lol: