Options

The Stuffed Animal at Wembley

13»

Comments

• Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    I'm really happy you enjoyed the story....what truly fascinates me is that it seems everyone has a story just like these. Makes you really appreciate how intimate a Pj show can be and is :)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Yes, so true.

And I guess I should now share my Mike story from Wembley aswell :D

After 12 hours of waiting in the line (we got there at 6) I finally found myself on the barrier/rail upon our entrance. I was right in front of where Mike is gonna be.
    How happy was I? Would be cool to be somewhere in the center, but I couldnt complain since I know how awesome Mike is during the show, interacts with ppl, poses for the cameras, throws pics, etc.
    So during the show we totally had eye contatc more than once, since I was right in front of him. he smiled a few times, I smiled back, winked too.
    Then, during Parachutes was THE moment. Eddie singing and Mike playing right in front of us. I was just scanning the stage, looking at Eddie and then looked over to Mike, just watching him play. I had my hands on my jaws, kinda like resting, and swinging with my friends, and Im looking right at him, how he loves playing and he enjoys every second, every note and riff he hits, then I give him this huge smile, totally had a THANK YOU and a WOW in my eyes. He, of course, smiled back. :) It was lovely. Oh yeah, then I winked, haha. That song was so amazing that night and I dont think Ill ever forget that moment.

So they play a show...and so on, and then I still had a Croatian home made shirt us Croatians made for the tour. I was gonna throw it on stage with that stuffed animal, but luckily, I changed my mind the last minute. I though, hm, maybe Eddie should get that toy since I already threw him a shirt last year in Vienna. And Mike should probably get the shirt now. And I also thought, Eddie's never gonna untie the shirt tied around the toy, so he wont see whats written on any of those. (oh boy, what was I thinking during the show, haha, havving a time of my life AND thinking of all this stuff, plus, had so much stuff on my knees in a plastic bag from all day camping at Wembley, but thats not important now).

I was waiting for the right moment to give him the shirt. I was really happy when Eddie got the toy, I totally used the chance I had when he came over during Crazy Mary. then they finish off the first encore with Alive. Mike bowes down with his guitar, twice, tree times maybe and Im there, in front of him waving with my shirt: Mike, hey, Mike, I wanna give you something!
    he comes over to the edge and I throw him the shirt. dont recall if he grabbed it in the air, it might have fell on the ground, but he grabbed it and took it with him. Im happy of course. hehe

So they come back for the second encore, RITFW starts, Eddie gets the tambourines, and I think: Oh, it would be a perfect ending of my tour if I get one from him. (how modest am I, I know, haha). So a few pl got pulled out AGAIN right above us and I lost him for a second, didnt concentrate on the song, but I did enjoy it, was on adrenaline all the time. Hes running around the stage, haned 2 tambos, then 2 more...ok, nvm, at least I got to interact with him and Mike several times during the show. Im happy.

THEN, they end Indifference and I realize Mike has sth in his hands. I totally forgot about the seltist, omg. I relized he was gonna give those out, so wasnt expecting it. and esp wasnt expecting whats gonna happen next.
    all the lights are on, ppl screaming, waving for the setlists from Mike on my side. Im there, confused, and trying to look at him, so in a matter of second, I reach my arms to him, put them like im praying, stare at him and say: PLEASE, MIKE! :) with a huge smile on my then to be puppy face.
    He looks over at me, points at me, throws the setlist which fell over on his left (my right) to the step in fron of the rail. Im like so disappointed already cause at least 2 or 3 ppl had already had hands on it.
    Then this security guy looks over, a big guy, with a serious look. He steps over to them and says: NO, its for HER! pointing at me. And then they gave me my setlist :) woohoo!
    I grab it immediately, putting it on my chest, hugging it, look over to Mike as they were leaving saying: THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    he looked at me and just nodded, smilind and waving to the crowd.

The show is over, everyone around me and I cant believe what just happened. Everyone going crazy, congratulating me, telling me how I deserved it and how theyre glad I was the one who got it. I still dont know what happened. haha. taking pics outside, saying HI to everyone, hugging and kissing and talking about how amazing the show was.
    We went over to the tube, while walking it hit me a bit but not completely. I said: Do you guys wanna know what they played tonight??? cause I can tell you!!!
    Started reading songs off the setlist, louder and louder, so happy, the adrenaline rush totally got me when I got halfway, I had to stop ant then I sreamed of excitement! That was maybe like 30-45 mins to an hour after the show! So excited right there!!!

Gets better. one more paragraph, I promise.
    Next morning, Im trying to unfold the setlist, since its still glued to the other half of the sheet. (i still dont know how to do that, cause that duct tape is gonna rip one side of the sheet and the setlist will ruinded, so if you got any suggestions..Ill post pics later). So Im unfolding the setlist, open right top corner and I see a pick!!! OMG, MIKES pick! One more???
    I had like 4 or five, gave all of them to my friends who didnt get any. And I kept only one I got in the air as he woas throwing it (actually this guy had it too, but I had a better grip). So now I have two pick. I couldnt believe it that he put it there. I remembered then reading other ppls stories he does that but forgot about it, awesome, haha. my friend Mike later told me he saw him put it in there. whoa, crazy.
    I gave my caught pick to my awesome Croatian friends who didnt have this new one, so now I have Mikes setlist and his pick. Both he gave to me.

Ok, this is it. thanks for reading.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    lesteslestes Posts: 959
    nice story, sid :) i'm happy for you!