Comments

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    i made notes of the promis... ;)
    ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    and about the video ... OMG ... the best memory Ever!!! :D
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    and about the video ... OMG ... the best memory Ever!!! :D
    i know :o
    Im still in shock! Did that really happen?
    I wanna see them again... :(
    I miss everyone.
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    Yeeah ,they're gettin lots of love from our part of the world. Now we hellped creating the atmosphere in Zagreb, no you have to help us Slovenians when they come in our country, and they will, even though Ed will be happy just to se Stereotype again :D.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    robbutlandrobbutland Posts: 59
    Mirella wrote:
    How could anyone not love Zagreb, beautiful home of many nice people? :)

groetjes,
    Mirella :)

do any of these people have large living room floors which can accomodate two english sleeping bags when they tour again? hahahaha!

id love to go to croatia and im gonna on the next tour!
    If music be the food of love, play on.
  • Options
    robbutland wrote:
    do any of these people have large living room floors which can accomodate two english sleeping bags when they tour again? hahahaha!

id love to go to croatia and im gonna on the next tour!
    Well, if youre nice, and I assume you are, since youre a PJ fan, youre welcome to visit me. I dont live in Zagreb tho, but I can help you out if you need anything on your trip here :) Just ask.
  • Options
    me? im lovely!

ive seen a lot of europe but the next PJ tour is gonna take me far and wide!

the fans of this band are such a community, its great! im still a budding PJ fan and i feel i have so much to learn!

and if they ever play in Cornwall, then i can help anyone out with a place to stay!!!
  • Options
    robbutland wrote:
    me? im lovely!

ive seen a lot of europe but the next PJ tour is gonna take me far and wide!

the fans of this band are such a community, its great! im still a budding PJ fan and i feel i have so much to learn!

and if they ever play in Cornwall, then i can help anyone out with a place to stay!!!
    Are you Pete from Cornwall? :D Was he from there? :o
    Ppl are always welcome here, at my place, esp if theyre PJ fans :)

To stay on topic...have you seen this stuffed animal at Wembley? :D
  • Options
    yes i think i did see the stuffed animal thing - no pix though sorry!

i dont know Pete although it is now my life goal to meet him! its a pretty small county so seeing as my dad has a guitar business i have a pretty good chance of crossing his path someday. If he still lives here that is!

i couldnt believe i got to hear EdVed saying 'Cornwall'! the man oozes class and hes damn attractive! i hope he comes to stay with pete one day and i meet them then!

seriously, i thank you for your kind words and i cant wait for the next tour!
  • Options
    robbutland wrote:
    yes i think i did see the stuffed animal thing - no pix though sorry!

i dont know Pete although it is now my life goal to meet him! its a pretty small county so seeing as my dad has a guitar business i have a pretty good chance of crossing his path someday. If he still lives here that is!

i couldnt believe i got to hear EdVed saying 'Cornwall'! the man oozes class and hes damn attractive! i hope he comes to stay with pete one day and i meet them then!

seriously, i thank you for your kind words and i cant wait for the next tour!
    Are you a girl? :)

I know, i loved when Ed mentiones something totally random and unrelated to their music. thats so special. the show is special and it totally shows what kinda person he is, and what the band stands for. that was one of the moments that night :)
    Let me know when youre around.
    And yes, im also looking forward to the next tour, even tho I HATE post tour depression...

PS was it you who just sent a friend request? I friended you, friend. :)
  • Options
    yeah that was me!

i pearl jammed my page as a result of post tour blues! luckily this year the gorge boxset is somewhat softening the blow!

i knwo what you mean with 'moments'. there were a few on monday!!! (oh god, it was a week ago!)

and no im a boy/man/male but i am comfortable to the point when i am fully aware when a man is wonderfully attractive and so i have a softspot for Mr. Vedder!

me and my mate appear to be the only people in cornwall (apart from Pete, apparently) who appreciate Pearl Jam but were staring a travel fund this very week! when croatia is our destination then the drinks are on us! ciao!!!!!
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    congrats, cropdustress!!!

I am so glad it was caught on the tape for all of us to see!

:D:D:D:D

Glad you had a blast!!! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    congrats, cropdustress!!!

I am so glad it was caught on the tape for all of us to see!

:D

Glad you had a blast!!! :)

Aw, thanks :)
    I know, Im so happy and extremely grateful for this video and this person who took it. THANK YOU!
    And thanks, Mike, for finding it.

Oh, this was only ONE of my moments at Wembley. Later I threw a Croatian Crew tee to Mike and he gave me the setlist. With a pick in it :)
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Lisa81 wrote:
    That's a brilliant story,I just got a smile from Mike and I was pleased enough with that! Awesome!
    That is a damn good story.. nothing like that happened to me... But i got a Mike point and a nod from Stone heh which were pretty cool. Helps being so close... thanks tenclub :p
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    what a beautiful moment that was...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    Aw, thanks :)
    I know, Im so happy and extremely grateful for this video and this person who took it. THANK YOU!
    And thanks, Mike, for finding it.

Oh, this was only ONE of my moments at Wembley. Later I threw a Croatian Crew tee to Mike and he gave me the setlist. With a pick in it :)

someone else posted it, i just posted it again on other threads and facebook and stuff after watching it, and hoping to see the stuffed toy!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Some of you might have noticed that there was a stuffed animal thrown on stage to Ed. And some of you might have seen that he tried to do...

Anyways, I was the girl who caught his attention during Mikes Crazy Mary solo.
    Ed went on Mikes side when Mike came all the way to Boom. After I saw Ed having a smoke right in front of me, I knew I had the chance to give him that little stuffed animal I had for him/them. I wrote CROATIA LOVES YOU on its belly and (I'm) IN HIDING in the back, also ZAGREB REMEMBERS on its foreamrs.
    Anyways, it was just like a little kid made it, a real kindergarten teacher
    creation :D
    So I wave at him, he sees me, comes over to the stage and nods to throw him the animal. I do it and he grabs it...tries to put it in his pants! White pants!!! haha, Steph and I just looked at each other and laughed. Then when the thing didnt fit in his pants :eek: :D He puts it on the speaker, still having a smoke and then he looks at it, reads what it says...im at this point still staring at him, no clue whats going on on Booms side (him and Mike soloing, haha). Ok, Ed looks at the animal, reads and looks over at me, says, I read it from his lips: oh; Croatia! With his ED look on his face and smiles, makes a fist and tappes his heart. I was in heaven! :) he totally remembers Zagreb and the amazing show they did there. :o
    In Munich my Croatian friends had a sign ZAGREB REMEMBERS, a twin to the one they made last year for Vienna, ZAGREB AWAITS. Eddie totally saw it during ALive in Munich, read it and aknowledged my saying: I remember too!

I was just going to share you one of my awesome Wembley stories and ask if anyone maybe took a picture when he grabbed the stuffed animal, or even better, when he tried to shove it down his pants. Or maybe a video or something. I know its probably a long shot cause most of you were looking at Mike and Boom when this occured, but I know some ppl have seen it and thought it was hilarious, which it was.
    Id be very very thankful if anyone can help me out.

I will share my Mike story later *smiles*

haha classic.
    Great story Sid.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    And again for our Sid:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tX6E2C-888A (wait for the 2. minute)
  • Options
    pajo wrote:
    And again for our Sid:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tX6E2C-888A (wait for the 2. minute)
    AHahaha. awesome. thanks for finding it, friends. :)
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    hahaha great to hear what it was all about. i was just left of mike about 5/6 back and saw ed stuff the stuffed toy down his pants hahahaha so funny
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    hahaha great to hear what it was all about. i was just left of mike about 5/6 back and saw ed stuff the stuffed toy down his pants hahahaha so funny
    :D
    yes, it was pretty awesome and hilarious in the same time.
    the thing he did after actually made it look not so dirty :o:D
  • Options
    hahaha oh no i like the dirtyness ! hahahaha
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    hahaha oh no i like the dirtyness ! hahahaha
    Me too :D
    but he's still a sensitive soul. makes me love him even more :)
  • Options
    Me too :D
    but he's still a sensitive soul. makes me love him even more :)

careful or we'll be turning this into another "hot ed" thread LOL ;)
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    careful or we'll be turning this into another "hot ed" thread LOL ;)
    I know I know. I certainly dont want my thread to get locked or deleted :eek:
    No worries, I can stop when i want to. I always got pics and those videos :D
    And I can sleep tight now that I know hes got that toy with him, hehe.
    anyways, that was one of the awesome moments for me at wembley. ill never forget that. :)
  • Options
    I know I know. I certainly dont want my thread to get locked or deleted :eek:
    No worries, I can stop when i want to. I always got pics and those videos :D
    And I can sleep tight now that I know hes got that toy with him, hehe.
    anyways, that was one of the awesome moments for me at wembley. ill never forget that. :)

oh yeah that was ur Ed moment so cool , enjoy
    I had mine at Astoria :D
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    oh yeah that was ur Ed moment so cool , enjoy
    I had mine at Astoria :D
    :eek: Missed that one. What happened?
  • Options
    Anyone else has a video or a pic perhaps of Ed with the stuffed animal?
    Also, I threw a shirt to Mike, one of our Croatian home-made shirts. he got it right after they ended the 2st encore and took it with him backstage...
    any help is appreciated. :)
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Hey, I think this post is awesome and I've just kind of been following it along these past couple days watching it all unfold and I'm glad you were able to have people pass along those two awesome videos!!! Congrats :) Here is a story of my PJ experiences somewhat recently I just had to share with you guys! Hope you enjoy! Check out http://www.pearljamstories.com for other great adventures as well ;)

Going to do my best to explain quickly. My wife and I are from Thunder Bay and moved to Edmonton in 02. In 03 we went to Vancouver to see PJ and take our first trip through the mountains. I proposed to her the day before seeing PJ (her first show). At the concert the next night we scored 1st row right in front of Mike. My wife suggested we make a sign up that said “Just Engaged” and I thought it was a brilliant idea so I took out my confirmation sheet and my red sharpie and made the sign. During RITFW I held up our sign and Eddie looked over at us and had a surprised look on his face. He was smashing two tambourines together and started walking towards us. He got down on one knee as if proposing himself and said “Congratulations and best of luck to the both of you” What an amazing moment….

Fast forward two years.

The wedding date was set for Sept 3rd. I’m at work and I get an email from 10c telling me of the Canadian Tour. I only look at Vancouver assuming they aren’t in fact doing a Canadian Tour rather a couple dates most likely Vancouver being the only show within reach. Sept 1st my wife will never let me go to this show….OH MY GOD their TOURING Canada? Sept 5th they’re in Edmonton??? FATE!!! So I head home after a long night at work and wake my wife up (6:30am) and tell her PJ is coming to Edmonton two days after we’re married. She then says “it would be cool to go on a little tour with them” God I love that girl…

Edmonton - Two days after the wedding and I won two extra tickets off the radio for my brother and a friend to go as well. 2nd row center seats a great setlist and the start of the Honeymoon Tour 2005.

Saskatoon - We waited all afternoon outside the security gates just hoping for a glimpse of the guys. A smile, a wave…anything. We met up with a great guy named Todd and a bunch of other guys who were travelling across Canada in a van decorated with PJ everywhere and all the dates. We had a large Canadian flag ready that read “Thank You PJ” and had been to all the shows and was going across Canada as well. Security came up to us and said “I don’t know what you’re waiting for, they already went in those doors over there about ten minutes ago” I was so disappointed for the first time ever concerning PJ. The security area was well blocked off and there was only 5 of us standing around. Like I said we were waiting for a smile or a wave….anything. I heard so many great stories about the band being so down to earth and my experience in Vancouver two years previous led me to believe the same but I was so upset they couldn’t just wave from behind the security gates or something. Seemed so “rockstar” to me. The show was amazing again. 1st row dead center. Eddie was directly in front of us for Porch and my newly wed wife was rubbing Eddie’s calf. Now I’m really choked Our friends had made us up a couple Honeymoon tour 2005 t-shirts and so I held it up in the front for the guys to see. Mike saw right away and asked “can I have your shirt?” it was my wife’s shirt but without hesitation I tossed it up to him. He tucked it in his back pocket of his jeans and then proceeded to talk to us the remainder of the song. He pointed to his own wedding ring mouthing “me too”. After the song he took off his own t-shirt and brought it over to us and handed it down to us as if it was a trade. Apparently this was in a sense his honeymoon tour as well. Not seeming so rockstar anymore….hehe. After the first encore Eddie comes walking towards us and is wiping himself down with a towel. Looks at my wife and I and tosses it down to us. It was all sweaty so I just wrapped it up in Mike’s shirt without really looking at it. The concert ends and we just kind of stand in shock at what has all happened and not believing we still have two more shows left to see. A guy asked me after the show “did Eddie sign it?” and I said “no, it’s just his sweaty towel”, “still I have to see it, can I look at it?” Being a trustworthy guy I handed him the towel and he held it up in awe. On the back of the towel I see the words “Congratulations, Love Eddie” OH MY GOD!!! he did sign it!!! The guy handed it back to me and shook my hand as well as my wife’s congratulating us. On to Winnipeg….

We left Saskatoon right after the show trying to make it to Winnipeg and we were making great time but then trouble hits. The guys travelling across Canada in the van ran out of gas!! We pull up to see 5 of them at the back of the van in a good jog pushing it down the road at 2am. We helped them push it into a little gas station and promised to return with gas if we came across a gas station in the next while. We did find one 20 minutes down the road. Fill up a Gerry can and back we went to help out fellow Jammers.

Winnipeg - First row in front of Mike. The crowd was phenominal as previously stated in many of the reviews. I was standing beside Kim (Smile girl) we had stood relatively close to each other in Edmonton and Saskatoon in fact but for the first time we were side by side recollecting our stories. Eddie came over and said “Can you sing?” Kim shyly answered “What?” (like you never heard him hehehe) he said “Do you want to sing?”, Kim says “ok” and on the bootleg you hear me yell “get up there!” as I’m helping her over the barricade What an amazing moment. I’ll never forget seeing the smile on her face and looking over at us as if it were all a dream. Found some great bootlegged video footage of it all unfolding.

Thunder Bay - My hometown got rocked. Eddie looked at me and said “you’re still here?” “Last one I replied”. Highlight of the show for me was seeing him rocking on his chair to Black. Many nights I’ve sat rocking in my chair in tears the same way listening to it. He sang it with such emotion and kept looking at his guitar pik in his hand as if it was something to be cherished. Was so emotional for my wife and I. At the end of the showm I tossed up my Honeymoon Tour T shirt and it opened up before it reached the stage. Eddie saw and asked a security guy “get me that shirt” Security handed it up to him and he opened it up to see what it was. Once he saw the Honeymoon Tour 2005 he looked at us and brought the shirt close to his chest and said “I’m humbled”

We get home and order the bootlegs. Along come the pictures for the Saskatoon show. There’s a picture of myself and Kim holding up the Canadian flag “Thank You PJ” with it and another of Eddie signing the towel for my wife and I backstage on his hands and knees.

So that’s our PJ Honeymoon Tour 2005 recollection. Sorry it’s so long but I hope you’ve enjoyed reading our story. I take back the 5 minutes I ever thought the guys were rockstars. You are truly the most amazing people, playing truly moving and beautiful music. Thank you so much for everything you did. It was more then every dreamed of and more then anyone could ever ask of all of you. See you on the road again soon!!

Here's a link to a slideshow of the Canadian Tour :) At the 2:00min mark you see the photo of Ed signing our towel backstage!! and at 2:20 the picture of Kim and I holding the Canadian flag!! Thanks to whoever may have posted this amazing slideshow!! http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3061038950792127540&q=Pearl+Jam+Saskatoon&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:
    Hey, I think this post is awesome and I've just kind of been following it along these past couple days watching it all unfold and I'm glad you were able to have people pass along those two awesome videos!!! Congrats :) Here is a story of my PJ experiences somewhat recently I just had to share with you guys! Hope you enjoy! Check out http://www.pearljamstories.com for other great adventures as well ;)

Going to do my best to explain quickly. My wife and I are from Thunder Bay and moved to Edmonton in 02. In 03 we went to Vancouver to see PJ and take our first trip through the mountains. I proposed to her the day before seeing PJ (her first show). At the concert the next night we scored 1st row right in front of Mike. My wife suggested we make a sign up that said “Just Engaged” and I thought it was a brilliant idea so I took out my confirmation sheet and my red sharpie and made the sign. During RITFW I held up our sign and Eddie looked over at us and had a surprised look on his face. He was smashing two tambourines together and started walking towards us. He got down on one knee as if proposing himself and said “Congratulations and best of luck to the both of you” What an amazing moment….

Fast forward two years.

The wedding date was set for Sept 3rd. I’m at work and I get an email from 10c telling me of the Canadian Tour. I only look at Vancouver assuming they aren’t in fact doing a Canadian Tour rather a couple dates most likely Vancouver being the only show within reach. Sept 1st my wife will never let me go to this show….OH MY GOD their TOURING Canada? Sept 5th they’re in Edmonton??? FATE!!! So I head home after a long night at work and wake my wife up (6:30am) and tell her PJ is coming to Edmonton two days after we’re married. She then says “it would be cool to go on a little tour with them” God I love that girl…

Edmonton - Two days after the wedding and I won two extra tickets off the radio for my brother and a friend to go as well. 2nd row center seats a great setlist and the start of the Honeymoon Tour 2005.

Saskatoon - We waited all afternoon outside the security gates just hoping for a glimpse of the guys. A smile, a wave…anything. We met up with a great guy named Todd and a bunch of other guys who were travelling across Canada in a van decorated with PJ everywhere and all the dates. We had a large Canadian flag ready that read “Thank You PJ” and had been to all the shows and was going across Canada as well. Security came up to us and said “I don’t know what you’re waiting for, they already went in those doors over there about ten minutes ago” I was so disappointed for the first time ever concerning PJ. The security area was well blocked off and there was only 5 of us standing around. Like I said we were waiting for a smile or a wave….anything. I heard so many great stories about the band being so down to earth and my experience in Vancouver two years previous led me to believe the same but I was so upset they couldn’t just wave from behind the security gates or something. Seemed so “rockstar” to me. The show was amazing again. 1st row dead center. Eddie was directly in front of us for Porch and my newly wed wife was rubbing Eddie’s calf. Now I’m really choked Our friends had made us up a couple Honeymoon tour 2005 t-shirts and so I held it up in the front for the guys to see. Mike saw right away and asked “can I have your shirt?” it was my wife’s shirt but without hesitation I tossed it up to him. He tucked it in his back pocket of his jeans and then proceeded to talk to us the remainder of the song. He pointed to his own wedding ring mouthing “me too”. After the song he took off his own t-shirt and brought it over to us and handed it down to us as if it was a trade. Apparently this was in a sense his honeymoon tour as well. Not seeming so rockstar anymore….hehe. After the first encore Eddie comes walking towards us and is wiping himself down with a towel. Looks at my wife and I and tosses it down to us. It was all sweaty so I just wrapped it up in Mike’s shirt without really looking at it. The concert ends and we just kind of stand in shock at what has all happened and not believing we still have two more shows left to see. A guy asked me after the show “did Eddie sign it?” and I said “no, it’s just his sweaty towel”, “still I have to see it, can I look at it?” Being a trustworthy guy I handed him the towel and he held it up in awe. On the back of the towel I see the words “Congratulations, Love Eddie” OH MY GOD!!! he did sign it!!! The guy handed it back to me and shook my hand as well as my wife’s congratulating us. On to Winnipeg….

We left Saskatoon right after the show trying to make it to Winnipeg and we were making great time but then trouble hits. The guys travelling across Canada in the van ran out of gas!! We pull up to see 5 of them at the back of the van in a good jog pushing it down the road at 2am. We helped them push it into a little gas station and promised to return with gas if we came across a gas station in the next while. We did find one 20 minutes down the road. Fill up a Gerry can and back we went to help out fellow Jammers.

Winnipeg - First row in front of Mike. The crowd was phenominal as previously stated in many of the reviews. I was standing beside Kim (Smile girl) we had stood relatively close to each other in Edmonton and Saskatoon in fact but for the first time we were side by side recollecting our stories. Eddie came over and said “Can you sing?” Kim shyly answered “What?” (like you never heard him hehehe) he said “Do you want to sing?”, Kim says “ok” and on the bootleg you hear me yell “get up there!” as I’m helping her over the barricade What an amazing moment. I’ll never forget seeing the smile on her face and looking over at us as if it were all a dream. Found some great bootlegged video footage of it all unfolding.

Thunder Bay - My hometown got rocked. Eddie looked at me and said “you’re still here?” “Last one I replied”. Highlight of the show for me was seeing him rocking on his chair to Black. Many nights I’ve sat rocking in my chair in tears the same way listening to it. He sang it with such emotion and kept looking at his guitar pik in his hand as if it was something to be cherished. Was so emotional for my wife and I. At the end of the showm I tossed up my Honeymoon Tour T shirt and it opened up before it reached the stage. Eddie saw and asked a security guy “get me that shirt” Security handed it up to him and he opened it up to see what it was. Once he saw the Honeymoon Tour 2005 he looked at us and brought the shirt close to his chest and said “I’m humbled”

We get home and order the bootlegs. Along come the pictures for the Saskatoon show. There’s a picture of myself and Kim holding up the Canadian flag “Thank You PJ” with it and another of Eddie signing the towel for my wife and I backstage on his hands and knees.

So that’s our PJ Honeymoon Tour 2005 recollection. Sorry it’s so long but I hope you’ve enjoyed reading our story. I take back the 5 minutes I ever thought the guys were rockstars. You are truly the most amazing people, playing truly moving and beautiful music. Thank you so much for everything you did. It was more then every dreamed of and more then anyone could ever ask of all of you. See you on the road again soon!!

Here's a link to a slideshow of the Canadian Tour At the 2:00min mark you see the photo of Ed signing our towel backstage!! Thanks to whoever may have posted this amazing slideshow!! http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3061038950792127540&q=Pearl+Jam+Saskatoon&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2
    Thanks amazing. what a cool story. stories :)
    The boys are definitely down to earth and i will never forget that moment with Ed and the interaction with him and Mike during London gig. :)
    Its awesome when I read stories like your cause they totally remember ppl and you can see how cool they are. one of the reasons why I love them so much. thank you for sharing :)