Options

*** Amsterdam 1 Fanviews Here 6/26/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    get_axel_someget_axel_some Posts: 163
    edited June 2012
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    I was there as well yesterday. It was my first full PJ concert (the second time I saw them, the first one was at the Rockin`Park festival 2 years ago so not a PJ-only show)
    I thought it was a BRILLIANT show yesterday. Enjoyed it from the first second to the last. Eddie`s Dutch was pretty good :lol: and the set list was amazing!!
    Unthought Known was excellent and Just Breathe was beautiful but my personal highlight was that they played Black!!!That`s my favorite song of all time so I was really hoping that they`d play that. It gave me goose bumps all over and loved the crowd going along with it. I made a video (not that great video quality but the sound is good) wich I will upload and post here later.

Too bad they didn`t do Betterman though, wich I love. Hope they`ll do that friday :D
    Got myself the poster and the red "event t-shirt" as well. So all in all it was a great evening, excellent show.
    Looking forward to the Rock Werchter show on friday. :D:D:D

It also was the first real PJ show my wife did see. I already told her she had a special setlist this time with songs I didn't even dream of they would play.

Songs like Last Kiss or Smile, i really never thought I would write down over here I heard those songs. Also other songs were played which aren't often played live.

People, we had, with also thanks for us, the audience, a really special show! Eddie already said he wanted to make history, well, he did!
    Post edited by get_axel_some on
    Usually known as...........
    Arnhem 2006 - Nijmegen 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    FeiracoFeiraco Amsterdam Posts: 255
    I've been to a handful of shows but (as an Amsterdam citizen) this was my first in my home town. The show was great! But all of them were… I think that Rats, Smile, Last Kiss were pretty rare to hear. For tonight I’d like to hear some all-time favourites like Rearviewmirror, Release and maybe the good old Jeremy.

There’s discussion here about a certain song, but I think it’s called Better Days.

One thing about the two general ticket offices and the one of Ten Club: there were large lines an hour before the show and I wondered what a lot of people were doing at the Ten Club. There were a lot of lengthy discussions, etc. The guy front of me just handed over his ID and got his tickets within 20 seconds. So did I…….. Do some people don’t understand the system or is the procedure not right? And I do wonder what the large lines at the general offices were for. People who bought the general tickets did't get e-tickets or weren't send paper tickets long before this month?

Anyway, I have paper Ticketmaster tickets for tonight so no lines this time.

Enjoy!
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    Feiraco wrote:

One thing about the two general ticket offices and the one of Ten Club: there were large lines an hour before the show and I wondered what a lot of people were doing at the Ten Club. There were a lot of lengthy discussions, etc. The guy front of me just handed over his ID and got his tickets within 20 seconds. So did I…….. Do some people don’t understand the system or is the procedure not right? And I do wonder what the large lines at the general offices were for. People who bought the general tickets did't get e-tickets or weren't send paper tickets long before this month?

Anyway, I have paper Ticketmaster tickets for tonight so no lines this time.

Enjoy!
    I was wondering about this as well (not having 10Club tickets for this show since I wasn`t yet a 10Club member at the time it went on sale). I had an e-ticket but noticed that the ticket office was open even though the show was sold out. It had notes up saying that there were still seated and standing tickets available?? or was it just for people picking up their 10club tickets?? never seen that before ;)
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    What a setlist. wish i could have made it to the show as well as Barney's Breakfast Bar and the Dampkerring and the Grey Area. 8-)
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    my review btw..will be on the radio i guess later.. 8-)

Hey Dimitris from Greece, I heard your review on PJ Radio last night, about 1.20 am...
    Opening three songs were identical to the first three in Lima. My first concert ever outside the Netherlands. Brought so many memories back to that crazy concert. And then Last Kiss I heard first in Peru en Amongst the waves that after that show became a soundtrack to my six month trip through South America. Made me all so happy! And yes, the Dutch are a bit different from Peruvians but where I was standing the energy definitely was there :)

So, like always, a concert of Pearl Jam is a trip down memory lane. Memories of earlier concerts. Memories of moments of your life with PJ as its soundtrack.

But new memories were made as well. First time having early entry as part of the Tenclubcommunity. What a warm family it is! Was amazed how many people were there with there green wristbands (not only for early entry, but also for first section) and how positive the vibe was. Never was this close to Eddie, not being a pit-person. He put so much energy in the crowd and think he got triple that amount back.

Loved all the little twists of the setlist. Thought the second encore was the best ever. Rockin in the free world feels a bit worn out when I listen to it on bootlegs, but really caught me this time. And Indifference was just the best gift: After curfew with the lights on. (Made me remember Amsterdam 1996 when they put the very bright lights on to make Pearl Jam stop).

The little episode about all their kids being there was touching. Thought I saw one of their sons (? Mike's?) on stage during Rockin in the free world, playing guitar? Have no clue wether that is possible or not? Was touched as well by three young kids dancing the night away in terrible seats, behind the podium. Made me realize how for new kids Pearl Jam will still be the soundtrack to growing old.

Guy that filmed almost the whole set: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU ... ature=plcp

hope the guy who filmed the show was from the 10C, otherwise, paying a ticket to spend the whole show holding a camera is a :nono:
    Muriel wrote:
    Oh, and can I make a request for Friday as it is my 10th wedding aniversary (although my husband Johan won't be there :( He has an examm for business school on Saturday so can't join me, but loves me enough to let me go see my favourite band with my brother on our aniversary) ?????

Not my favorite song, but Just Breathe for our 10 wedding aniversary feels appropriate :D

congrats on your 10th anniversary, best of lucks to your hubby on his exam...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683

How was it introduced..? "The guy who only leaves the forum to go to gigs?"
  • Options
    Eddie NLEddie NL Posts: 50
    What an amazing show yesterday, surely one to remember with 'Brain of J' and 'Green Disease'!! :clap:

Here my HD vid of Eddie's speech including the translation for the few of you that dont speak Dutch :lol:

http://youtu.be/0v4hc8ac3fM

btw, will there be official bootlegs from this tour? cos I really need them 8-)
    2006 : Arnhem
    2007 : Nijmegen
    2009 : Rotterdam
    2010 : Nijmegen
    2012 : Amsterdam I
    2012 : EV Amsterdam I
    2014 : Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam I
  • Options
    I was laughing my ass off last night: two men who were standing behind me, noticed a flightcase with the name "Boom Gaspar". They were wondering: who is he? The conversation:

Person 1. "look at that box"
    Person 2. "it says boom gaspar"
    Person 1. "who is he"
    Person 2. " i don't know"
    Person 2. "the support act maybe?
    Person 1. "or the mainact"
    Person 2. "look it up!"
    Person 1. "i have no connection"

:lol:

I hope they were smart enough to draw the conclusion Boom was the keyboardplayer on Pearl Jam when he hit the stage....
  • Options
    It was my first ever PJ show and my mind is blown. Such an amazing setlist!! I was especially dying to hear Given to Fly among others and when they played it I was in heaven. The crowd and the venue were really great too. just perfect!! I was so emotional that I don't think I was able to fully perceive what I witnessed. There were moments I felt way too overwhelmed and I hardly remember which songs they played, I just remember how I felt. I'm going to Berlin shows and I'll try not to lose my mind next time. Or maybe losing mind is the right thing. :D
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    Ok so it took longer than I expected but here is my video that I made for Black.The video quality isn`t all too great but the sound quality is pretty ok, I think.
    Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx5rQGjn ... e=youtu.be
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SchmaktSchmakt Charlotte Posts: 207
    We were the drunk Americans near the front on Mike's side. I ripped my poster to pieces during the show... so much more fun than trying to keep track of a stupid tube! Once Corduroy started, I pretty much zoned out, and now I hardly remember a thing. I wish people had been moving more up front... finally happened around... DTE, maybe? Regardless... great times.
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Schmakt wrote:
    We were the drunk Americans near the front on Mike's side. I ripped my poster to pieces during the show... so much more fun than trying to keep track of a stupid tube! Once Corduroy started, I pretty much zoned out, and now I hardly remember a thing. I wish people had been moving more up front... finally happened around... DTE, maybe? Regardless... great times.

Hahaha, you mean the pregnant woman and the big fat guy with black hear. :lol:
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    Johnny AggroJohnny Aggro Posts: 543
    What a set. Head still not right (as always being home from Amsterdam). Highlight was Ed reading my sign to ask to play on stage, him cracking up, but then he came over during RITF and handed me one of his tambourines!! Psyched or what!

anyway great show, wish i was there for night 2 as well. So thats it for me this tour.

Hope ye all enjoy whatever other shows you are heading to

Peas!
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Options
    Very funny how the standing area in the front didn't really come to a pit. On the first, but neither on the second night. We made our own, just on the right next to the stage. :thumbup:

Even in my own livingroom I always start dancing around when PJ is on, so how could just jumping up and down be enough for the whole evening?!

And cudo's to the guy that lead me right to the front (4th row) during the second encore. I'm guessing I'll never be this close to the band again in my life! The green wristband will have to fall of by itself, I want everyone to know I was an "Pearl Jam accomplice"! 8-)
  • Options
    Very funny how the standing area in the front didn't really come to a pit. On the first, but neither on the second night. We made our own, just on the right next to the stage. :thumbup:

There will never be a pit like the early 90's anymore.
    We are all too old for that shit :lol:

But what kind of pit you like because when i was young i went home bleeding noses and letting blue spots grew on bodies :D
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,866
    The second barrier works a treat for the GA shows - wish they'd done that in Manchester. Really great vibe down the front. We were about 3 or 4 back from Mike's side. No pushing, just able to see the greatest setlist ever.

And then night 2 happened. :D:D:D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    RideRick wrote:
    There will never be a pit like the early 90's anymore.
    We are all too old for that shit :lol:
    Lol! Speak for yourself! :D
    RideRick wrote:
    But what kind of pit you like because when i was young i went home bleeding noses and letting blue spots grew on bodies :D
    I don't mind the bruises, I just need to get rid of all that energy!! :lol:

I do tend to choose the kind of pit that still helps people back up when they're down though. And being a blond female always tends the guys to be a bit more protective. ;)
  • Options
    _rebekka__rebekka_ Posts: 6
    Great show, good setlist but I must admit I liked the second night better! ;)

I took some videos and photos:

Eddie's speech in Dutch/Elderly woman...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px0-QSBBivc

Last Kiss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLGLnpO_48

Photos
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150997671567769.454916.698972768&type=3&l=e8c2245437
  • Options
    StefVGStefVG Posts: 29

Hey Dimitris from Greece, I heard your review on PJ Radio last night, about 1.20 am...
    Opening three songs were identical to the first three in Lima. My first concert ever outside the Netherlands. Brought so many memories back to that crazy concert. And then Last Kiss I heard first in Peru en Amongst the waves that after that show became a soundtrack to my six month trip through South America. Made me all so happy! And yes, the Dutch are a bit different from Peruvians but where I was standing the energy definitely was there :)

So, like always, a concert of Pearl Jam is a trip down memory lane. Memories of earlier concerts. Memories of moments of your life with PJ as its soundtrack.

But new memories were made as well. First time having early entry as part of the Tenclubcommunity. What a warm family it is! Was amazed how many people were there with there green wristbands (not only for early entry, but also for first section) and how positive the vibe was. Never was this close to Eddie, not being a pit-person. He put so much energy in the crowd and think he got triple that amount back.

Loved all the little twists of the setlist. Thought the second encore was the best ever. Rockin in the free world feels a bit worn out when I listen to it on bootlegs, but really caught me this time. And Indifference was just the best gift: After curfew with the lights on. (Made me remember Amsterdam 1996 when they put the very bright lights on to make Pearl Jam stop).

The little episode about all their kids being there was touching. Thought I saw one of their sons (? Mike's?) on stage during Rockin in the free world, playing guitar? Have no clue wether that is possible or not? Was touched as well by three young kids dancing the night away in terrible seats, behind the podium. Made me realize how for new kids Pearl Jam will still be the soundtrack to growing old.

Guy that filmed almost the whole set: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU ... ature=plcp

hope the guy who filmed the show was from the 10C, otherwise, paying a ticket to spend the whole show holding a camera is a :nono:
    Muriel wrote:
    Oh, and can I make a request for Friday as it is my 10th wedding aniversary (although my husband Johan won't be there :( He has an examm for business school on Saturday so can't join me, but loves me enough to let me go see my favourite band with my brother on our aniversary) ?????

Not my favorite song, but Just Breathe for our 10 wedding aniversary feels appropriate :D

congrats on your 10th anniversary, best of lucks to your hubby on his exam...

Hi Muriel,
    Once again, congrats with your 10th wedding anniversary. Perhaps we'll meet tomorrow in Werchter!

Javis,
    As said, we'll (trying to) meet again in Copenhagen. Same place! If I wouldn't find you at, lets say 20.30, put your hands in the air. You're used to it :D

Great concert with brilliant setlist, fantastic crowd and a perfect venue!

And oh yes, the played Smile....thats what I'm doing now for more than 48hrs...
    Paris/Antwerp/Dusseldorf/Nijmegen/Werchter/Rotterdam/Manchester/London/
    Dublin/Belfast/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Toronto 1&2/Ottawa/Hamilton/
    Amsterdam 1&2/Werchter/Berlin 1&2/Stockholm/Oslo/Kopenhagen/NY 1&2/Baltimore/Amsterdam 1&2/Milan/Trieste/Vienna/Berlin/Stockholm/Oslo/Werchter
  • Options

Well, imo that guy was definitly NOT a 10c member. He started to make some trouble, but later he apologized after I tried to inform the security... People acting like that simply can't be 10c members... My guess 10c members are one happy jamily! :D

Around 1.07 you see me (grey cap) and my wife on Rockin in the Free World at his video.

We think this guy attends shows to film them for youtube...
  • Options
    wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    Well.. it sinks into the shadows of the second show. BUT, Amsterdam 1 was still amazing!! I mean, the beginning was kind of a greatest hits compilation and nothing new for me, but it was a great show! I've never seen a more relaxed crowd, you could actually dance to the songs, even in the second row, it was just such a nice feeling and you could really enjoy listening to the songs.

And then they played Rats, always wanted to hear that one.
    I must say I've never seen so less crowd participation at a concert as during Better Things, but it was still nice :D haha. And the first encore break seemed just to fly by...

I really loved Last Kiss in the second encore! The crowd started to really warm up and it was a super nice sing-along :)

Now, let me say... that second encore was completely OUTSTANDING! The song choice and order of the last 4 was just phenomenal, I've never had a better encore ever!! Apart from Crown Of Thorns this was definitely better than day 2!
    I wanted to hear Green Disease for so long and like I already said, the last 4 blew my mind. Love Reign O'ver Me was my definite highlight of the show, followed by a beautiful black, into RITFW (I could hear that one all the time :lol: ) and then they just seemed like they wouldn't want to leave us, so they played Indifference, another song I've always wanted to hear, so absolutely beautiful... and the first concert for me without YL!

Amazing, that's all I can say.
  • Options
    Well, imo that guy was definitly NOT a 10c member. He started to make some trouble, but later he apologized after I tried to inform the security... People acting like that simply can't be 10c members... My guess 10c members are one happy jamily! :D

Around 1.07 you see me (grey cap) and my wife on Rockin in the Free World at his video.

We think this guy attends shows to film them for youtube...

You are 100% right, he is a guy we saw from Amsterdam.
    He had 4 batteries with him.
    He is also going to Eddie Vedder in Amsterdam so the petition has worked out :lol:
  • Options
    thegoodlife76thegoodlife76 Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    Hi all, this my first time posting on here. we flew home to the UK from Amsterdam yesterday and I will never forget the time we had in Amsterdam. I sadly only managed to get tickets for night 1. I would just like to say hello to all the lovely Pearl jam fans we met and not just at the venue. We took our Son to his first pearl jam gig and to watch him see his favourite band blew me away, no words can explain the look on his face! All those moments I shared with people each time pearl jam played another song, the little looks and smiles that we shared made the experience more memorable! To hear them play Rockin' in the free world made my night as well as many other songs like smile, green disease, not for you... and the rest, I still haven't soaked it all in!

Big Hello to the to the dude in the wheel chair with the Winnipeg Jets hat on at the schipol airport, I didn't catch your name but I just wanted to say enjoy the rest of your PJ experience. x
    Post edited by thegoodlife76 on
  • Options
    RideRick wrote:
    You are 100% right, he is a guy we saw from Amsterdam.
    He had 4 batteries with him.
    He is also going to Eddie Vedder in Amsterdam so the petition has worked out :lol:

Were you standing close to us then that night?
  • Options
    Well, finally got down to earth to write something about the most amazing 2 nights ever experienced with a Pearl Jam show.

At first i thought it wouldn't be that special because we were spoiled here in The Netherlands.

and now 2012 2 shows in a row.
    At first only bought 1 ticket for night 1 but pretty soon i was convinced to the importance of buying also for night 2.
    2 nights in a row is very special.
    For me, Pearl Jam is the rockband since 1992 Pinkpop which matters.
    And matters a lot. There songs go straight to the heart and soul and keeps your mind awake.
    Witnessing that particular show in '92 was an eyeopener and a never letting them down story.
    1993 Rotterdam was amazing (only 1 show) and 1996 Amsterdam was pretty oke, sound was terrible and the band was too tired as far as i rememberd.
    2000 was again on Pinkpop but such a freaky crowd. I was right up in the front every show but that was the first time i was lying down between moren then a thousand people. It was a warning as we found out.
    I got married on that 30th of June 2000.. and heard about it from a good friend who came in late.. i didn't even cared about the possible show that would have been the following monday.

:|

But hey, if live will go on for them so it must go on for us.
    And we waited, we waited untill 2006. Arnhem.. just awesome evening.
    To bad i didn't decide to go to Antwerpen to because it also would have been 2 amazing evenings but i have a crazy thing. I only visit shows in my country. The come to us to play for us in our country..
    And they did again in 2007 at Nijmegen.. again awesome.
    I love to be outdoors.. very nice evening.
    I didn't have to wait long because in 2009 they visit us again. In Rotterdam. 16 years later back to that venue.
    Wonderfull.. amazing.. superb...
    And in 2010 they decide to come again for a small set.. too bad but hey.
    We Dutch people are already spoiled over and over again.
    They must love us much to visit us that many time..

After the PJ20 movie again the buzz was there and Amsterdam 2012 was a must go.
    Nearby my hometown. Only 30 km drive.
    Finally again, 16 years later..

Via internet i talked to a lot of people, especially Dimitris.. I was anxious to meet him. (as i did at show 2)
    Outside we were already in line at 13.00 hour.
    Together with my best friends and 2 brothers and sister.
    We might have drunk a beer to much for some people but we had fun.
    Talked to Clint from Kansas and Ashley who later on found out they were waiting on the wrong date :lol:
    Well, also a way to spend your day.

We saw the 10c members line up, i was the only one was a member but didn't buy early acces because we were with 8 people to stick together.

But it didn't matter, again we were right up there in the front section. Always since 1993.

X did what they had to do, fill time with good music. Loved the old guy on the guitar.
    Wish i was him that age and just rock the fuck out and smiling all the time..
    Hero :twisted:

But then.. the show started. We were on Stones side.. always a nice side.
    I personally switch a show. Left, right, left, right. Never in the middle.. don't know why but i do. :D

Pearl Jam
    Show 1

01. Interstellar Overdrive-(Barrett, Mason, Waters, Wright)-instrumental
    02. Corduroy

ofcourse.. that's nice to start... love the song and will sort the fans out who are waiting for the obvious

03. Why Go

time to jump.

04. Given To Fly

:shock: already.. damn.. closing eyes..

05. Brain Of J

:shock: wow.. love this one

06. Amongst The Waves

8-) such a fokkin good song..

(Ed addresses the audience in Dutch.)
    Yeah, his dutch was KLOTE!!! :lol:

07. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

nice singalong.. good job and well played..

08. In Hiding

my god, one of my top 5 songs.. this is special..

09. Even Flow

For me the best version ever... i couldn't stop dancing..

10. World Wide Suicide

nice singalong but just not my song. Can happen..

11. Rats

:o knocked out mentally.. WTF,,, this one i needed to hear badly.. WOW!!!

12. Lukin
    short headbanging time rock.gif

13. Not For You (Ed appears to lose his place or forget the lyrics. The audience has been singing along so he listens to them for bit then he says "got it" and starts singing again)

:o and :shock:
    What an explosive version.. what the hell did i just hear.. best version ever.. far out.. again.

(Ed mentions that when they first played Amsterdam they were just kids and now they all have kids. He makes a joke about the wisdom of the kids picking Amsterdam as the city they wanted to visit. He says, "The kids are all here and we want to play this song for them."),

14. Better Things-(Ray Davies)

nice 8-) nice gesture too

15. Nothing Man

Oh man, this is from one hell of an epic album.. tripped out..

16. The Fixer w/ Ray Cameron on percussion
    17. Do The Evolution

nice duo..

Encore Break 1
    (Ed says, "May I raise a toast to what has been the best crowd of the tour yet")
    18. Last Kiss-(Cochran)

:D yess.. this one again. love it to singalong.. always a tear in my eye..

(Ed plays about 27 seconds of "Pulled Up" by The Talking Heads-(David Byrne)
    19. Just Breathe

I breaked mentally.. thougt of my wife who will go with me to Eddie Solo in Carre.. She can sing this song so beautifull..

20. Comatose

rock.gif

21. Unthought Known

:D

22. Porch

:o :shock: rock.gif
    How good was this, it was good.. but i always think of 1992..

Encore Break 2
    (Ed thanks the audience and says when they have been "as good as this the band feels like they should play at least a few requests. They don't take orders though.")
    23. Smile

:D
    24. Green Disease

;) not my song but when people enjoy and get very excited.. then i'm also happy.

(Ed introduces Boom as a warrior from the Hawaiian Islands that has been with the band for ten years.)
    25. Love, Reign O'er Me-(Townshend)

How nice was this.. much better then last time in Rotterdam. MUCH!!

26. Black

Superb Mike.. he must be god on stage.. 8-)

27. Rockin' In The Free World-(Young) Pearl Jam are joined onstage by Ray Cameron, John Doe of X and Jerry Harrison of The Talking Heads.

Yeahyeahyeah!!!

(Ed introduces the band says we have two of the best drummers in the world, DJ Bonebrake and Matt Cameron)
    28. Indifference

:shock: Last time i heard that one live was 1993 Rotterdam.. WOW!!!
    Thank you..

What an evening.. i was blast away and didn't know what kind of night i would experience the next night..

Thanks Pearl Jam and all of their amazing fans.. For a special night.
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    awesome. Love the closing set.
  • Options
    justdimijustdimi Posts: 256
    http://www.flickr.com//photos/justdimi/sets/72157630339254822/show/

7465677308_59f87d9a19.jpg

7465667396_6d9e92ac2f.jpg

7465662150_73130d5669_n.jpg

selection of my photos A'dam first night! ;)

enjoy

Justdimi
    Justdimi,

http://www.pinterest.com/justdimi/
    www.facebook.com/dimitri.sponselee
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/justdimi/
    ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
  • Options
    cool show. Several songs that i love were changed/cutted but that´s ok :mrgreen: