Want to make some money?

13»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i miss the dora the explorer package
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mickeyrat has the semi trailer. him & i will move you for wayyyy cheaper than $22,000,000 :lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Well, good luck Matt...

I moved from Seattle to Cali, and rented a 27' truck.

It sucked donkeys. Moving all that stuff into the truck and then back out.

But for a long distance move like that, I would probably do the PackRat/PODS type deal. It will take you a few days to drive, and taking all your worldly possessions with you, I would be nervous about people breaking into the truck when I have it parked in a hotel parking lot.

I like carefree road trips, and it would be a nice way to see the coast at a leisurely pace.
    that is why you back the moving truck up against the motel/hotel and or under lights and use a lock and rent a pitbull who eats gun powder

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    81 wrote:
    i miss the dora the explorer package
    i do miss my lil red 13 inch dora explorer televsion. that was solid fucking humor and very awesome when friends came by... yeah that's right, fuckers.... it's dora tv time

now try & turn something on worth a fuck besides dukes of hazard or mickeyrat & his best friend bear

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat has the semi trailer. him & i will move you for wayyyy cheaper than $22,000,000 :lol:
    Thats right, for $21,999,999 BUT I'm strictly a drop and hook ,no touch freight truck driver.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    Thats right, for $21,999,999 BUT I'm strictly a drop and hook ,no touch freight truck driver.
    true. in theory that is nice but no workin drivers grow wider. that is not the answer. lift stuff and slide shit around & smash your toes with the dolly & something heavy. it keeps ya spry

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I would be nervous about people breaking into the truck when I have it parked in a hotel parking lot.

we were rolling out a POS system at my last company. My boss with in philly with a truck full of computers.....well, at least he was when he went to bed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    chadwick wrote:
    rent a pitbull who eats gun powder

now we're talking! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I'll do it for 20K and I'll be there in a week. :D
    When are you headed up this way?
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    true. in theory that is nice but no workin drivers grow wider. that is not the answer. lift stuff and slide shit around & smash your toes with the dolly & something heavy. it keeps ya spry
    Oh I know about about the getting wider. Part of the reason why I'm transfering to a dedicated account. Driver Unloads. Pallet jack the skids off and hands the hanging clothes off to a store employee to their rolling racks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I'll do it for 20K and I'll be there in a week. :D

in about a month! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

shit! don't rush him! if Matt really wants to rent my house, I gotta finish some updates here first.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    RKCNDY wrote:

shit! don't rush him! if Matt really wants to rent my house, I gotta finish some updates here first.

Thought he was going to Portland. How does a house in Seattle help? Nobody deserves that commute...
    Snakeduck wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Thought he was going to Portland. How does a house in Seattle help? Nobody deserves that commute...

we're leaning towards Portland, but Seattle is up there as well. if everything (and there's a lot to consider) were to line up, we'd move to Seattle. we love both cities equally, though.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    we're leaning towards Portland, but Seattle is up there as well. if everything (and there's a lot to consider) were to line up, we'd move to Seattle. we love both cities equally, though.

Got'cha. Thought the deal was in the bag. Speaking of deals in bags, both of those towns are great for that... ;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Got'cha. Thought the deal was in the bag. Speaking of deals in bags, both of those towns are great for that... ;)

great for what?
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

great for what?
    deals in bags. Cmon Norm keep up.

Snakeduck wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

it pretty much is, but we're still keeping our options open. (if one of us were to land a job that we couldn't pass up, for example)

we're heading to the NW at the end of next month...that much i'm sure of. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

great for what?

Don't you try to trick me into revealing my illegal west coast drug trade partners...

Oops. What I meant was, I have no idea what you or I was talking about.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mfc2006 wrote:
    ABF really seems like a great option. just received 2 more "ballpark quotes" from some well known national moving companies. their quotes are all about the same. i think to do this where it's affordable & efficient, we'll either have to do it ourselves or go with ABF. so, i'm leaning towards ABF. :lol: i have no problem loading/unloading at all.....but the thought of driving all of our crap across the country is not that enticing.

The huge factor for me was just the cost of gas to drive that truck. I'd probably spend 1500 just in gas.
    DS1119 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    ABF really seems like a great option. just received 2 more "ballpark quotes" from some well known national moving companies. their quotes are all about the same. i think to do this where it's affordable & efficient, we'll either have to do it ourselves or go with ABF. so, i'm leaning towards ABF. :lol: i have no problem loading/unloading at all.....but the thought of driving all of our crap across the country is not that enticing.

The huge factor for me was just the cost of gas to drive that truck. I'd probably spend 400 just in gas.

fixed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

The huge factor for me was just the cost of gas to drive that truck. I'd probably spend 400 just in gas.

fixed

Yeah I wish.
    yup. gas is not going to be cheap.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:

That company that Mickey sent had an option to hire movers on either end of the move as well. It still ended up being fairly reasonable. I think I'm going with them as well.
    DS1119 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

That company that Mickey sent had an option to hire movers on either end of the move as well. It still ended up being fairly reasonable. I think I'm going with them as well.

yeah, i saw that. we may hire some people to help with the unload, but we should have family & friends to help us load it up.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

yeah, i saw that. we may hire some people to help with the unload, but we should have family & friends to help us load it up.

Are you movin into an apartment if I can nosey? I contacted three places in the Phoenix area and talked with them. Basically they asked if I was employed. I told them not yet. They wouldn't rent me a place without proof of employment. One place that I really liked I even offered to pay a year lease in advance and they still told me without employment it's a no go. It's a policy they all seem to have. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Are you movin into an apartment if I can nosey? I contacted three places in the Phoenix area and talked with them. Basically they asked if I was employed. I told them not yet. They wouldn't rent me a place without proof of employment. One place that I really liked I even offered to pay a year lease in advance and they still told me without employment it's a no go. It's a policy they all seem to have. :fp:

have you looked into a retirement community?

all kidding aside, i'm suprised they wouldn't do a one year pre paid deal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    My move from NJ to FL is over 40K...

:fp:

:shock:

ok, so we're not in the same league..... :lol:
    3 kids and 15 years worth of shit :lol:

Damn, I thought 17k was expensive!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

have you looked into a retirement community?

all kidding aside, i'm suprised they wouldn't do a one year pre paid deal.

Retirement community? How old do you think I am? I was shocked they wouldn't at least rent with a year prepaid. With all o the empty properties out there if someone was willing to hand me a check for 15600 i think i might break policy I ran my credit last month and I'm a 700 plus so I think I can just lie on the app if I don't find anything job wise. If they check they check. Oh well.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

HireaHelper was great on the NJ end of the move. 4 guys, $180 and we moved it all in a few hours.
    http://www.hireahelper.com/a/1800packrat/welcome

When I was in CA I moved many times and I knew I could just drive to a Home Depot or UHaul parking lot and hire some the guys hanging out there - they were happy to work for $50 for half a day.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved