Random thread about anything

Comments

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited November 2016
    I must say one of the best qualities about the US in my experience is the people who are very friendly and generous. Up here in the north we are a little colder somehow.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

JWPearl said:

i don't like america it's too violent and rough, compared to my home there's way more shootings(we rarely have any) way more rapes, murders and missing persons..
    if i were to live there i would need to be famous with public protection or have a body guard with all the creeps that are there lol
    i would never take public transport as a no-body on my own if i lived there

I love living here. Every country has its drawbacks. Ours happens to be freedom.. here we are free to be stupid.. and as Human nature goes, you give us an inch, we'll take a mile; you give us the freedom to do dumb things, we go full on stupid.. But, unlike so many other places, we have the freedom to do as we choose, here in America..Sadly most choose to be stupid, but a lot of us are smart. We appreciate what we have. And I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. Ever.
    As for those last few ending comments, that made me lol.. seriously??? Lol
    Being a nobody that gets to live life in
    Privacy, and dignity, far outweighs stardom.. that was laughable at best. Give me public transportation over s limo any day.. Bodygaurd?? :rofl: for real, :rofl:

That is all.

MURICA MAN!!
    :wink:
    most first world countries have freedom, but don't have the violence that the US has.

i've always found it so ironic that so many people blast out the awesomeness of america, when the best of america is the same as most places, but the worst of america is only in america.
    True.. there seems to be healthy doses of ignorance in our water..air.. something is wrong with us.. but that doesn't make me any less defensive of my homeland.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Baby goats :heart:

I love the jumping and crazy running around the :40 mark.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I wish didnt wonder why this thread blew up :lol: should've known
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    My guy's been reading Maynard Keenan's book. When, after his dad was out of the picture, he asked his mother "Doesn't he love us anymore?" Exactly what my husband asked of his mother when he went through the same thing.

Don't become a parent if you can't fucking handle it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBf5Q_OKd_8

FoxyRedLa said:

I wish didnt wonder why this thread blew up :lol: should've known

Keep Calm and Goat On, Foxy. :smiley:
    ELITIST FUK
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

JWPearl said:

i don't like america it's too violent and rough, compared to my home there's way more shootings(we rarely have any) way more rapes, murders and missing persons..
    if i were to live there i would need to be famous with public protection or have a body guard with all the creeps that are there lol

I love living here. Every country has its drawbacks. Ours happens to be freedom.. here we are free to be stupid.. and as Human nature goes, you give us an inch, we'll take a mile; you give us the freedom to do dumb things, we go full on stupid.. But, unlike so many other places, we have the freedom to do as we choose, here in America..Sadly most choose to be stupid, but a lot of us are smart. We appreciate what we have. And I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. Ever.
    Privacy, and dignity, far outweighs stardom.. that was laughable at best. Give me public transportation over s limo any day.. Bodygaurd?? :rofl: for real, :rofl:

That is all.

MURICA MAN!!
    most first world countries have freedom, but don't have the violence that the US has.

i've always found it so ironic that so many people blast out the awesomeness of america, when the best of america is the same as most places, but the worst of america is only in america.
    True.. there seems to be healthy doses of ignorance in our water..air.. something is wrong with us.. but that doesn't make me any less defensive of my homeland.
    but why? if someone insults canada i just laugh it off. it's just a fucking border. it's imagined. it's made up. why do people defend the borders they live within? it all just seems to weird to me. i was born here. i didn't choose here or make it myself. there's no reason for me to be proud of where my mom gave birth to me. it has nothing to do with me. it's all government bullshit. people are programmed to believe they have something personally invested in the country they are from. it's false.

patriotism gives us wars and conflict.

i am a citizen of the human race on earth. that's it. if we ever find life beyond earth, i'm a citizen of the universe.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JWPearl said:

That is all.
    MURICA MAN!!
    if someone insults canada i just laugh it off. it's just a fucking border. it's imagined. it's made up. why do people defend the borders they live within? it all just seems to weird to me. i was born here. i didn't choose here or make it myself. there's no reason for me to be proud of where my mom gave birth to me. it has nothing to do with me. it's all government bullshit. people are programmed to believe they have something personally invested in the country they are from. it's false.
    So what country would you like to live in?
    Clearly you have no Canadian pride.

JWPearl said:

That is all.

MURICA MAN!!

but why? if someone insults canada i just laugh it off. it's just a fucking border. it's imagined. it's made up. why do people defend the borders they live within? it all just seems to weird to me. i was born here. i didn't choose here or make it myself. there's no reason for me to be proud of where my mom gave birth to me. it has nothing to do with me. it's all government bullshit. people are programmed to believe they have something personally invested in the country they are from. it's false.

patriotism gives us wars and conflict.

i am a citizen of the human race on earth. that's it. if we ever find life beyond earth, i'm a citizen of the universe.
    I like your perspective on this. I just have been to 3 third world countries.. and when you see those dictatorships and desolation first hand, it gives you an appreciation for those imagined borders. Besides I come from A deeply rooted military family. So that's another part of it. Another part is that the source was a series of Investigation Discovery shows on true crime stories.. and that combination brought out the nasty reaction. You're right, I should just laugh it off..but I can't. Patriotism is something that runs deep in my blood.. it's instilled in me.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

JWPearl said:

That is all.
    MURICA MAN!!
    if someone insults canada i just laugh it off. it's just a fucking border. it's imagined. it's made up. why do people defend the borders they live within? it all just seems to weird to me. i was born here. i didn't choose here or make it myself. there's no reason for me to be proud of where my mom gave birth to me. it has nothing to do with me. it's all government bullshit. people are programmed to believe they have something personally invested in the country they are from. it's false.
    i have no interest in living in any other country. i think Canada is great. but i have no delusions that i had any hand in what Canada is today. i am grateful, not patriotic. big difference.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JWPearl said:

That is all.
    MURICA MAN!!
    i have no interest in living in any other country. i think Canada is great. but i have no delusions that i had any hand in what Canada is today. i am grateful, not patriotic. big difference.
    You are grateful but not patriotic.
    The fallen thank you for that.
    Ok... back to silky random things. I apologize for half turning this thread into an AMT circus. Just couldn't let that delusion-based comment go; have lost too many cousins, and Uncles, and a brother, defending my country, to let some sick person talk smack, while citing dramatized television shows as a source.

Back to randomness..
    That took me back!
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Is TWD new tonight? I could Google or wait 2 minutes.
    Juniper smells like cat pee.
    ELITIST FUK
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    SD48277 said:
    :nuh_uh:
    No Fucking Frozen Allowed!!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    How is it that I post so much random BS, especially when I'm drunk and/or stoned, and I only have 300 posts? Seems like it should be way more.
    We all walk the long road.

Better than the short one, I do believe.

For my love. This, among so much else.

(I'd rather anything else than live without you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcoE89oEHoI
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Just some questions if someone could answer it for me please..

In southern America
    A,What time does the sun come up and go down in winter and Autumn
    B,What time does the sun come up and go down in spring and summer

Thanks in advance
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^JW, do you mean Southern U.S. or South America?

If you're referring to southern U.S., it's been rising around 7 am and setting around 5 pm lately. It stays lighter a little longer where my parents live In Charlotte (about 4 hours west of my town, but same latitudinal line) In the summer, the sun rises around 6 ish and sets around 8 ish.

Then there's Day Light Savings time and that just throws everything off! Lol
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    And another entertainer dying this year today. This time the villain bitch owner from Major League. Loved her role in The Secret Of My Success as well.

"That was a very expensive vase you bitch!" :lol:

RIP Margaret Whitton.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

^JW, do you mean Southern U.S. or South America?

If you're referring to southern U.S., it's been rising around 7 am and setting around 5 pm lately. It stays lighter a little longer where my parents live In Charlotte (about 4 hours west of my town, but same latitudinal line) In the summer, the sun rises around 6 ish and sets around 8 ish.

Then there's Day Light Savings time and that just throws everything off! Lol

Thank you much appreciated

Just for your curiosity , it's lighter here at 4am and gets dark at about 6.45pm so we have long beautiful day as well
    Gosh don't think I could do Europe now lol
    The perfume commercials with Johnny Depp are as bad as the Matthew McConaughey car commercials. P.U.
    ELITIST FUK
    I love this, as I mentioned the exact same thing to my husband recently.

(maybe even with the P.U.)