Random thread about anything

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    norm wrote:
    i find it hilarious that you actually ponder whether or not you will pick up something to drink ;):lol::lol:

:P
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    RKCNDY wrote:

:shock: :lol::lol::lol:

I dig the first one. I wonder if Cav would wear something like this around the house :think:

You buy it, i'll wear it.. I think they look super cool!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Walking home tonight, 3 miles up hill in the snow. PJ and Beer to keep my company.
    Walking home tonight, 3 miles up hill in the snow. PJ and Beer to keep my company.

You put in for 2nd chance Wrigley tix?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Caveeze wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:shock: :lol::lol::lol:

I dig the first one. I wonder if Cav would wear something like this around the house :think:

You buy it, i'll wear it.. I think they look super cool!!

I figured Cav would read #5's description and say, "hey, they're talking about me!" :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Mamasan23 wrote:

No after the first shut out i didn't give it a second thought, i only know about it now because you guys were giving 81 shit
    Mamasan23 wrote:

No after the first shut out i didn't give it a second thought, i only know about it now because you guys were giving 81 shit

FINE!
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Today, a member of my son's band,was officially hired on to be the Driver/Road manager for Oleander,
    On tour with Bush,Soundgarden,Pappa Roach and many more for Ohio and other places.
    It's his dream come true gig. And hopefully he learns alot from going out there because the manager for Oleander and Soundgarden may be interested in my son's group Allinaday.Rock On Andrew. :D
    donnaruhl wrote:
    Today, a member of my son's band,was officially hired on to be the Driver/Road manager for Oleander,
    On tour with Bush,Soundgarden,Pappa Roach and many more for Ohio and other places.
    It's his dream come true gig. And hopefully he learns alot from going out there because the manager for Oleander and Soundgarden may be interested in my son's group Allinaday.Rock On Andrew. :D

:clap: Oleander is still around! I really liked them when they first came out...got their CD somewhere.

That's awesome for your son's friend. A friend of mine used to be a roadie.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    FINE!

You get me a access to a ticket, i'll get to Chicago. Can i sleep on the floor?
    Yes! Oleander is back out on tour.They played Sacramento last year at the Aftershock Festival and will be again this year. The kid's share a practice room with Oleander,So they've basicly taken them under their wing's.Gonna show them the ropes. Proud Mama. :D
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    FINE!

I really don't think you have a choice.
    that's awesome! It's so cool to hear of seasoned bands helping out younger bands. Probably telling them what to avoid, what to do...gotta be scary to be in a band, and not knowing the ins and outs of the business and worrying about people taking advantage of your budding success.

- Christopher McCandless
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    FINE!

You going?

You going?

Yes sir.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    that's awesome! It's so cool to hear of seasoned bands helping out younger bands. Probably telling them what to avoid, what to do...gotta be scary to be in a band, and not knowing the ins and outs of the business and worrying about people taking advantage of your budding success.

I hear ya! If I had as much help when I was young
    I wouldn't be a singing Truck Driver. :lol::lol:
    [
    You going?

Yes sir.[/quote]

i'm tempted just to show up to the preparty and then head back to NY, maybe pick up rick on my way. i'm not sayin seeing PJ in Wrigley wouldn't be awesome, but to have a few drinks with nuts would be cool.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I don't like packing. I bought cheap packing tape and it won't stick to anything. The post office doesn't like me to use duct tape. I'm considering Hot Glue or staples.

And I have not decided about Wrigley. Pearl Jam is playing in so many directions this year, and I'm finding it difficult to focus on just one show.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    This isn't meant to last!

This is FOR! RIGHT! NOW!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    Oh, cheap packing tape.

I know! :x

Ruination! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    This isn't meant to last!

This is FOR! RIGHT! NOW!

Is it too late to ask what? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• should i go see tracy Morgan's standup next friday?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    should i go see tracy Morgan's standup next friday?
    :nono: :nono:

I heard he sucks from several people
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    it's just too early in the morning for anything to be funny
    [
    You going?

Yes sir.
    i'm tempted just to show up to the preparty and then head back to NY, maybe pick up rick on my way. i'm not sayin seeing PJ in Wrigley wouldn't be awesome, but to have a few drinks with nuts would be cool.

Wait, Rick isn't planning on going either?
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    should i go see tracy Morgan's standup next friday?
    :nono: :nono:

I heard he sucks from several people
    bummer - i think for 65 a ticket i won't risk it.
    thanks
    Why does my boss send out the "feel free to work from home due to the weather" email after I've been here for 90 minutes?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Why does my boss send out the "feel free to work from home due to the weather" email after I've been here for 90 minutes?
    :lol::lol::lol:

sucker
    LloydXmas wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

sucker

Thanks for the warm show of support.

:lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    [
    You going?

Yes sir.

Wait, Rick isn't planning on going either?

rick who?