81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Are retro sonics track suits hipster?

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Just a question. :|
    I provided the urban dictionary definition below for those (like me) who are unsure of the actual definition.

Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. The greatest concentrations of hipsters can be found living in the Williamsburg, Wicker Park, and Mission District neighborhoods of major cosmopolitan centers such as New York, Chicago, and San Francisco respectively. Although "hipsterism" is really a state of mind,it is also often intertwined with distinct fashion sensibilities. Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses. Both hipster men and women sport similar androgynous hair styles that include combinations of messy shag cuts and asymmetric side-swept bangs. Such styles are often associated with the work of creative stylists at urban salons, and are usually too "edgy" for the culturally-sheltered mainstream consumer. The "effortless cool" urban bohemian look of a hipster is exemplified in Urban Outfitters and American Apparel ads which cater towards the hipster demographic. Despite misconceptions based on their aesthetic tastes, hipsters tend to be well educated and often have liberal arts degrees, or degrees in maths and sciences, which also require certain creative analytical thinking abilities. Cons..
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

I provided the urban dictionary definition below for those (like me) who are unsure of the actual definition.

Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. The greatest concentrations of hipsters can be found living in the Williamsburg, Wicker Park, and Mission District neighborhoods of major cosmopolitan centers such as New York, Chicago, and San Francisco respectively. Although "hipsterism" is really a state of mind,it is also often intertwined with distinct fashion sensibilities. Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses. Both hipster men and women sport similar androgynous hair styles that include combinations of messy shag cuts and asymmetric side-swept bangs. Such styles are often associated with the work of creative stylists at urban salons, and are usually too "edgy" for the culturally-sheltered mainstream consumer. The "effortless cool" urban bohemian look of a hipster is exemplified in Urban Outfitters and American Apparel ads which cater towards the hipster demographic. Despite misconceptions based on their aesthetic tastes, hipsters tend to be well educated and often have liberal arts degrees, or degrees in maths and sciences, which also require certain creative analytical thinking abilities. Cons..

That's a good definition
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Seriously. RNDM's Acts is brilliant. Just pure brilliant!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Meh
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

sounds like a bunch of dirty hippies to me
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

sounds like a bunch of dirty hippies to me

Hipsters are the hippies of the 21st century.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Snip away and sever this umbilical residue.... keeping me from killing you
  • The hipsters here in south Florida are too funny. it can be 85 degrees and they need to wear skinny jeans and long jackets. Smile fuckers! I'm just gonna start tickling them every chance I get.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I'm just gonna start tickling them every chance I get.

smoking-smiley.gif
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    563326_10200263461580572_2133002913_n.jpg
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    563326_10200263461580572_2133002913_n.jpg
    Does it come with baseball card cutouts?
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I bring you down, I use you up... Mr. Self Destruct!
    Feeling eternal... all this pain is an illusion

Fuck yeah, Tool. Fucking sick ass shit
    You live with apes man, it's hard to be clean.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

That's kind of a biased description though... "Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers"? Not exactly a neutral description. :lol: Also, I think it gives them too much credit. Pretty sure a hipster wrote this. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That's kind of a biased description though... "Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers"? Not exactly a neutral description. :lol: Also, I think it gives them too much credit. Pretty sure a hipster wrote this. ;)

:lol::lol: Definitely biased, I agree! They also don't mention anything about their foul odor :sick:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    tie_a_tie_design_shop_magic_finger.png
    do you pull it?
    LloydXmas wrote:
    do you pull it?

Not if you don't want me to make a stink.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    LloydXmas wrote:
    do you pull it?

Why aren't you on Twitter more? It seems made for you and your one liners. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

do you pull it?

Why aren't you on Twitter more? It seems made for you and your one liners. :lol:

Not sure, I feel more comfortable on this "old school" medium...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    some people got hollered at on the AMT :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Yikes!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

Yikes!

:lol:

:lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    all over a beer :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i think the offeneded should go have a drink and calm the fuck down. :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    People are very demanding today. They can all suck on it.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

admins.jpg