Random thread about anything

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    kw18 wrote:
    My brother just sent me an Outlook meeting request to join his family for a fish fry a month from now. :fp:

family outlook. :fp:

he might as well start a facebook event page too. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    kw18 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    My brother just sent me an Outlook meeting request to join his family for a fish fry a month from now. :fp:
    Decline it and say you we're planning on having fish the day before.

:lol:

I kind of feel like waiting until the day, then email him saying I had fish for lunch.
    Hahaha. Someone sent me an Invite to a cinco de mayo party last month. I said I wasn't going to be In the mood for Mexican that day.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Hahaha. Someone sent me an Invite to a cinco de mayo party last month. I said I wasn't going to be In the mood for Mexican that day.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Just saw this banner ad. I know that banner ads don't need to make a whole lot of sense, but this one just leaves me mystified.

8495126287_88db1c26e6.jpg

What happens if I clicked? What would be free? Why are people no longer my friend? So many questions ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Woman shot by oven while trying to cook waffles
    By M. Alex Johnson, staff writer, NBC News
    An 18-year-old Florida woman was only slightly injured this week when she was shot by her friend's oven, police said.

Aalaya Walker was visiting a friend in St. Petersburg Monday when they decided they wanted some late-night waffles, The Tampa Bay Times reported. So Walker began preheating the oven — unaware that her friend, JJ Sandy, 25, was storing a magazine from his .45-caliber Glock 21 in the oven.

The magazine exploded about 9 p.m. ET, spraying casing fragments at high speed and striking Walker. She managed to pick some of the fragments out of her leg and chest and then took a bus to the hospital, where she was treated and released.

told police he'd stored the gun in a drawer but had stored the magazine in the oven. Four rounds were in the 13-capacity magazine, he said.

Gun and ammunition references indicate that Glock bullets can explode at temperatures as low as 280 degrees — or even lower if they've been exposed to heat for a long time, which can degrades the structure.

Sandy "stated that he does not have a temperature gauge on the oven so he estimates the temperature based on how far the knob is turned," according to the police report, which was obtained by the Times. "I observed that the inside of the oven was damaged."

In a memorable 2007 episode, the popular science TV show "Mythbusters" found in several experiments that bullets can explode "once the oven was hot enough."

"Without a gun barrel to contain and direct the propellant gases, the bullets did not develop enough speed to pierce the glass or steel portions of the oven. The shell casings actually caused more damage than the bullets," it found — essentially reproducing what police said happened Monday.

Sandy wasn't charged because he had a proper concealed weapons permit, The Tampa Tribune reported.
  • hmfph. Florida.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • So anxious about Monday. I should be more excited for St. Thomas on Saturday, but I found out today that Metallica's festival, Orion Music and More will finally announce the line-up as well as information about the tickets on Monday, February 25. For those who don't know, the festival will be in Detroit, Michigan. I've been waiting for this for awhile. I can't remember the last time I was excited for a Monday.
  • 10 more days of work then I'm on vacation.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Wipeout is actually pretty funny. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Karate Kid was a freakin awesome movie.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Karate Kid was a freakin awesome movie.
    Yeah, it really was.

Wax on.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Why don't you take your little cobra Kai's and get out of here.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

"Get him a body bag! Yeah!"
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • everyone thought it would be a snow day but it isnt - so i am the only one at work right now -- i am here but haven't really done anything but turn the lights on and make coffee. That has taken an hour and a half :|
    everyone thought it would be a snow day but it isnt - so i am the only one at work right now -- i am here but haven't really done anything but turn the lights on and make coffee. That has taken an hour and a half :|

they were closing schools here last night around 8pm when not a single flurry had fallen. :fp:

we ended up with about 3-4 inches and the roads were pretty much clear by the time the busses normally start rolling. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    everyone thought it would be a snow day but it isnt - so i am the only one at work right now -- i am here but haven't really done anything but turn the lights on and make coffee. That has taken an hour and a half :|

they were closing schools here last night around 8pm when not a single flurry had fallen. :fp:

we ended up with about 3-4 inches and the roads were pretty much clear by the time the busses normally start rolling. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
    yeah the weather people were due for a dud -- they had been spot on all winter. We got like 5 inches and everything is running today, however most our agents are real lazy haha - they will be in at some point today because its pay day but they are taking their sweet ass time
  • Take care of yourselves...get your physical every year. Ladies please, please, please do your self breast exams...enlist your hubby, boyfriend, girlfriend to help make it fun ;)
  • Take care of yourselves...get your physical every year. Ladies please, please, please do your self breast exams...enlist your hubby, boyfriend, girlfriend to help make it fun ;)

Not a day goes by where I dont pretend to be a doctor. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the reminder.. Im going to need the camera snaked up the tailpipe soon. not looking forward to tthat. :oops:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • The pics where Eddie looks hot thread is closed for review :shock: :lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    The pics where Eddie looks hot thread is closed for review :shock: :lol:

:lol: did you read the last couple of pages, got kind of weird.

wow...just wow. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Fucking slackers.

I did! Wow indeed :shock:
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    81 wrote:

wow...just wow. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ah yes, I agree it did get a little weird there but to lock the whole thing would be a disappointment. I know I may get slammed for stating openly but i loved that thread! It was way more than a bunch of pretty pics! It was a fun thread where we laughed among people I have come to view as friends. Everyone was supportive of each other in our daily struggles. I know sometimes it took a wrong turn here and there but we were usually able to bring it back to a respectful place where we just admired someone we adore and got to know each other...

And no one ever "put me on ignore" there. Wish we could get a slap on the wrist and reopen. Almost 1000 pgs!

Don't hate me
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2

if that is 'kind of weird' ..... well weird would be outright scary
  • HedwichHedwich Posts: 3,237
    Ah yes, I agree it did get a little weird there but to lock the whole thing would be a disappointment. I know I may get slammed for stating openly but i loved that thread! It was way more than a bunch of pretty pics! It was a fun thread where we laughed among people I have come to view as friends. Everyone was supportive of each other in our daily struggles. I know sometimes it took a wrong turn here and there but we were usually able to bring it back to a respectful place where we just admired someone we adore and got to know each other...

And no one ever "put me on ignore" there. Wish we could get a slap on the wrist and reopen. Almost 1000 pgs!

Don't hate me

I agree with you...maybe, we are a bit crazy sometimes... but, life IS crazy!
    And we found good friends with the other girls... it's only sad...

Yes, we are sometimes a bit "overload", but we are all nice girls and boys! I'm so sad... That we don't have deserve.
    Concerts
    Berlin: 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2x 2012
    Düsseldorf: 2007
    Amsterdam 1+2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm 2014

Pearl Jam exhibition in Rome 2013

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Hedwich wrote:

Don't hate me

I agree with you...maybe, we are a bit crazy sometimes... but, life IS crazy!
    And we found good friends with the other girls... it's only sad...

Yes, we are sometimes a bit "overload", but we are all nice girls and boys! I'm so sad... That we don't have deserve.

There you are! Yes and we are not really that weird... Even the craziest among us NEVER meant any disrespect to EV.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
    Hi Eddie

stacy_001_1196140638.jpg
  • Hehe! I started a butch about our thread being locked
    Thread.. Called Well that fucked up my morning!
    That'll get locked too I bet!! Unlike the first thread, which
    Accidentally helped get locked, I was asleep when this
    one happened! So upset right now! It was more than just
    A place to stare at an unbelievably beautiful person, but
    it was also like a little family of support in there.! We all
    talk each other down from our anger, lift each other
    up from our sorrows, and are just THERE for one another
    in general. I've made some really neat friends in there, that
    Are genuinely warm and kind people. Sure hopewe don't
    have to start over!
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    Hehe! I started a butch about our thread being locked
    Thread.. Called Well that fucked up my morning!
    That'll get locked too I bet!! Unlike the first thread, which
    Accidentally helped get locked, I was asleep when this
    one happened! So upset right now! It was more than just
    A place to stare at an unbelievably beautiful person, but
    it was also like a little family of support in there.! We all
    talk each other down from our anger, lift each other
    up from our sorrows, and are just THERE for one another
    in general. I've made some really neat friends in there, that
    Are genuinely warm and kind people. Sure hopewe don't
    have to start over!
    If we can't have a "nice rack" or maybe a "flip cup" thread then it's only fair.