Random thread about anything

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I dont know about fast food cleanliness, but I protested Checkers for about 11 years because they severed me a cup of soda and a burger and fries. I was hungover like a diseased donkey.. I sucked that pop down like i'd just skateboarded across Zimbabwe, and as I got to the bottom, I opened the lid to get some ice and crunch on it, and the damned cup was full of bugs. They were crawling up and down and inside of the straw. Some were drowned and some were alive.. and i''d be a dollar three eighty that there were some clinging to my esophagus and floating in my belly doing backstoke. Fuckers.

And the manager says, "we clean the lines everyday."
    "What about the stacks of putrid cups covered in bugs, honey?"
    "Well sir, this is Florida, and we DO have bugs."

:shock: :fp:

:sick::sick::sick:

That happened to a friend of mine too - she said that she had ants in her cup from the deli in my office building. Been nothing but bottled stuff for me since.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I dont know about fast food cleanliness, but I protested Checkers for about 11 years because they severed me a cup of soda and a burger and fries. I was hungover like a diseased donkey.. I sucked that pop down like i'd just skateboarded across Zimbabwe, and as I got to the bottom, I opened the lid to get some ice and crunch on it, and the damned cup was full of bugs. They were crawling up and down and inside of the straw. Some were drowned and some were alive.. and i''d be a dollar three eighty that there were some clinging to my esophagus and floating in my belly doing backstoke. Fuckers.

And Birds, lots of birds.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Should I make more coffee, or head down to the cafeteria for more coffee?

that's quite the conundrum.... :think:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    davidtrios wrote:
    :shock: :shock: That would cost $400,000 where I live. At least. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

How did the protest go?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

it'd be closer to that if it was in the city in a nice hood.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

:o I will probably never drink a fountain soda without checking the cup first now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

Oh, in a nice hood it would be more like $600K! FML.
  • I dont know about fast food cleanliness, but I protested Checkers for about 11 years because they severed me a cup of soda and a burger and fries. I was hungover like a diseased donkey.. I sucked that pop down like i'd just skateboarded across Zimbabwe, and as I got to the bottom, I opened the lid to get some ice and crunch on it, and the damned cup was full of bugs. They were crawling up and down and inside of the straw. Some were drowned and some were alive.. and i''d be a dollar three eighty that there were some clinging to my esophagus and floating in my belly doing backstoke. Fuckers.

How did the protest go?

11 years, I felt good.
    But then one day I rode my bicycle home from the bar in a ziggity-zaggety pattern and broke down and got a sweet tea and some fries. I do dig their fires. I felt like I cheated on my g/f when I broke the protest. I dont go there anymore, its just nasty when you're sober. And if im drunk, I just hope I have the strenght to remember the bugs. Remember the bugs I tell myself.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

$400/month for condo fees??? They better do your dishes and laundry for that...
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909

Good god ... :sick:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    what's this bug doing in my coke?

the backstroke.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:

$400/month for condo fees??? They better do your dishes and laundry for that...[/quote]
    But the mortgage would only be $600/month or something! And no expense for repairs and maintenance! I want to move there!
    81 wrote:

the backstroke.

:lol:

classic

"I didn't come here to be insulted"

"oh? where do you normally go?"
    81 wrote:

the backstroke.

Double entendre version:

"What's this bug doing in my coke?"
    "The butterfly."
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

the backstroke.

Double entendre version:

"The butterfly."

:lol::lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    9781452110585?alt=no-image-available.png
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    afroannnie wrote:
    9781452110585?alt=no-image-available.png

Chinese cookbook
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

the backstroke.

Double entendre version:

"The butterfly."

ah! ok, now I finally got that. :lol:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

the backstroke.

Double entendre version:

"The butterfly."

ah! ok, now I finally got that. :lol:

"Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Found at today a friend from my wild pre-mom days died of breast cancer...she was 37 :(hate cancer..hate, hate HATE it. Never crossed our minds then, that 8 years later she'd be gone. Never imagined she'd never see her youngest child's 6th birthday.

Life is too short people...forgive, forget, love and be happy.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Found at today a friend from my wild pre-mom days died of breast cancer...she was 37 :(hate cancer..hate, hate HATE it. Never crossed our minds then, that 8 years later she'd be gone. Never imagined she'd never see her youngest child's 6th birthday.

awww....{{{HUGS}}}

I lost my aunt to breast cancer last year...sorry for your loss. :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Found at today a friend from my wild pre-mom days died of breast cancer...she was 37 :(hate cancer..hate, hate HATE it. Never crossed our minds then, that 8 years later she'd be gone. Never imagined she'd never see her youngest child's 6th birthday.

awww....{{{HUGS}}}

I lost my aunt to breast cancer last year...sorry for your loss. :(

Thank you, sad day but I know she'd want us all to remember the good days. She put up one hell of a fight.
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

:o I will probably never drink a fountain soda without checking the cup first now.

Another reason to follow Will's example and order your food inside
  • The roommates played beer pong with two beers I see. Huh. I wonder how that went for them.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    "green is sort of where I wanted to be..." :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzZ1YK4r84
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Hueu Lewis wants a new drug.
    Good thing he said that in 1983. It would have a whole different connotation in 2013.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    31889_511782252207176_1760359370_n.jpg