norm wrote:
    tumblr_med0hwDLOh1ret75do1_400.jpg
    Sounds fun :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    norm wrote:

Wait, this doesn't happen naturally for everyone else?
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Heisenberg wrote:
    norm wrote:

Wait, this doesn't happen naturally for everyone else?

Nah, mine's just sunshine.
    I win.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    norm wrote:

That can't be real...can it? :?
  • The Green Bastard

vlcsnap-198196.png

:lol:
  • norm wrote:

:lol::lol: I want one!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    tumblr_mejbnycLAm1qdlh1io1_400.gif
  • norm wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    norm wrote:

That's good. :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:

:lol:

seems like it would be cheaper and easier to just buy the gin.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i always like when they do the boob grab
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So the big boy boss came in today. He was supposed to be here around noon but made our store his last stop. He walked into my office and I really thought today was my day it was coming. He then proceeded to point out that my department is on track to finish behind last year's numbers in every single aspect. Gross profit, units, finance, everything. I was actually pretty numb to it. I officially don't care anymore. I really don't know how I feel about that either. Part of me cares I guess, but I think overall I don't care. All I kept thinking about was please fire me so I can collect my 455 a week unemployment...go shack up in a Vegas hotel for a few weeks and have a blast and then figure out my life decisions. I think getting let go would allow me to do what I really want to do which is move but there's something that holds me here and I think it's the resposibilty I feel to the job. I've never quit anything in my life and I think that's all that's holding me back.

He also mentioned the time I took off the past two months...time I had coming and threw that in my face. I took his shit for about a half hour before I started fighting back a little. I brought up how I have to not only do my job but essentially the GM's job to. I guess I'll see what happens with this. I'm sure I didn't help my relationship with that asshole or I just lightened my workload a shit ton. Not the best way to head into my day off tomorrow as I'm sure I will be talked about all through the day. I don't know. Guess I'll just drink it off tonight and see what happens Friday.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    DS1119 wrote:
    So the big boy boss came in today. He was supposed to be here around noon but made our store his last stop. He walked into my office and I really thought today was my day it was coming. He then proceeded to point out that my department is on track to finish behind last year's numbers in every single aspect. Gross profit, units, finance, everything. I was actually pretty numb to it. I officially don't care anymore. I really don't know how I feel about that either. Part of me cares I guess, but I think overall I don't care. All I kept thinking about was please fire me so I can collect my 455 a week unemployment...go shack up in a Vegas hotel for a few weeks and have a blast and then figure out my life decisions. I think getting let go would allow me to do what I really want to do which is move but there's something that holds me here and I think it's the resposibilty I feel to the job. I've never quit anything in my life and I think that's all that's holding me back.

He also mentioned the time I took off the past two months...time I had coming and threw that in my face. I took his shit for about a half hour before I started fighting back a little. I brought up how I have to not only do my job but essentially the GM's job to. I guess I'll see what happens with this. I'm sure I didn't help my relationship with that asshole or I just lightened my workload a shit ton. Not the best way to head into my day off tomorrow as I'm sure I will be talked about all through the day. I don't know. Guess I'll just drink it off tonight and see what happens Friday.

:( It's all gonna be okay. At the end of the day, it's hard to get perspective, but it is just a job. You're working day in and day out to help someone else's bottom line, not yours - perhaps that's why you were numb about the numbers? It sounds like it's definitely not something you want to do for the rest of your life, but I get that change is hard. Sometimes you need that little push in order to move on, which is probably why you want to get fired.

And damn him for giving you shit about taking vacation time that you were owed! People in this country work too hard and are given shit when they take their piddly vacations. Don't feel bad about that, everyone deserves time off, that is life!!! I had a review a few months ago and my big boss told me that he wants me to get sick to my stomach on Sunday nights thinking about work. Direct quote. He said he wants me to be thinking about work 24-7 no matter what I'm doing. Fuck him. I look to this place as nothing more than a paycheck at this point. The hard part is finding out what you do want to do, but it sounds like you do and you just need that little push!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    559851_10152277630145478_818805476_n.jpg
    559851_10152277630145478_818805476_n.jpg

doesn't mean i have to wear it...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:( It's all gonna be okay. At the end of the day, it's hard to get perspective, but it is just a job. You're working day in and day out to help someone else's bottom line, not yours - perhaps that's why you were numb about the numbers? It sounds like it's definitely not something you want to do for the rest of your life, but I get that change is hard. Sometimes you need that little push in order to move on, which is probably why you want to get fired.

And damn him for giving you shit about taking vacation time that you were owed! People in this country work too hard and are given shit when they take their piddly vacations. Don't feel bad about that, everyone deserves time off, that is life!!! I had a review a few months ago and my big boss told me that he wants me to get sick to my stomach on Sunday nights thinking about work. Direct quote. He said he wants me to be thinking about work 24-7 no matter what I'm doing. Fuck him. I look to this place as nothing more than a paycheck at this point. The hard part is finding out what you do want to do, but it sounds like you do and you just need that little push!

Eh. Fuck it.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    DS1119 wrote:

Eh. Fuck it.

FINE!!

Enjoy your day off and try not to worry about it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119 wrote:

I feel your pain. I had to make a decision like that a couple of months ago as well. The only thing that kept me at my place were my family and my job that I had for 7 years. I love what I do, but I didn't like the atmosphere in the company anymore and I worked non-stop. I knew it was time for me to move on, but I needed a trigger. Then Cav came my way, and I pulled it. It has only been a rough 2-3 months now, but I never regretted quitting the job and moving to the States. (Okay, Cav made it a lot easier to decide :mrgreen: )
    Take your time and assess your situation and then make a decision. Don't be afraid of change, it can only get better :) Good luck!!
    DS1119 wrote:

I feel your pain. I had to make a decision like that a couple of months ago as well. The only thing that kept me at my place were my family and my job that I had for 7 years. I love what I do, but I didn't like the atmosphere in the company anymore and I worked non-stop. I knew it was time for me to move on, but I needed a trigger. Then Cav came my way, and I pulled it. It has only been a rough 2-3 months now, but I never regretted quitting the job and moving to the States. (Okay, Cav made it a lot easier to decide :mrgreen: )
    Take your time and assess your situation and then make a decision. Don't be afraid of change, it can only get better :) Good luck!!

Can I move in with Cav too?
  • DS1119 wrote:

:lol: I'll ask him. But can you stand his VGL-ness on a daily basis? :P
    DS1119 wrote:

We'll work it out.

1463424_o.gif
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

We'll work it out.

1463424_o.gif

Mr. Pickles will be delighted to join! Oh, by the way, he loves to wake us up at 5.30 am every morning by demonstrating his excellent vocal, licking and massaging talents :D
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    when i was getting gas after work today...i ran into another person who apparently knows my bizarro...her name is Brook and she works with horses..
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    afroannnie wrote:
    when i was getting gas after work today...i ran into another person who apparently knows my bizarro...her name is Brook and she works with horses..

sometimes i wonder what my college bizarro is up to and if he still quailfies as my bizarro ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Good thing the wife's working late tonight. I don't have to sit through another Fa la la la lifetime movie.

Finding Mrs. Claus was horrible.
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    Good thing the wife's working late tonight. I don't have to sit through another Fa la la la lifetime movie.

Sounds like a living hell
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    LloydXmas wrote:

Sounds like a living hell
    kind of. there was one with with danica mckeller the other day. She's so hot.