Random thread about anything

Comments

• Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS did you say anything to apple core guy about it? :corn:

How does your car pass inspection with a cracked windshield?

Have you changed your timing belt yet?

No, I never talked to the disgusting pig but I am now the proud owner of a 2009 Acura MDX. I;ll ship that right up the road to the sale. Car smells like fat disgusting guy inside and looks like Jabba the Huts large intestine exploded inside of it.

The dude that is selling thse pitched this on SHark Tank. :lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Hey, to each their own ya douchebags. :lol: I think he's good (relatively - I really don't like rap). :)

:fp:

Creeping back to my corner and listening to Wu-Tang
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

Is this available in women's sizes? :corn:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    DS1119 wrote:
    How does your car pass inspection with a cracked windshield?
    Have you changed your timing belt yet?
    No, I never talked to the disgusting pig but I am now the proud owner of a 2009 Acura MDX. I;ll ship that right up the road to the sale. Car smells like fat disgusting guy inside and looks like Jabba the Huts large intestine exploded inside of it.

What inspection?
    Ha...no I haven't. But seriously I drive all of one mile every day, I'm pushing the limits and I know it...don't lecture me!! :lol:
    Blech...the smell would be the worst part! At least mine doesn't smell! You really should watch the Seinfeld B.O. episode, I think you'd appreciate it :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    I should clean out the various wrappers in the ranger.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    What inspection?
    Ha...no I haven't. But seriously I drive all of one mile every day, I'm pushing the limits and I know it...don't lecture me!! :lol:
    Blech...the smell would be the worst part! At least mine doesn't smell! You really should watch the Seinfeld B.O. episode, I think you'd appreciate it :lol:

You're carhasn't been inspected in 6 years? :lol::lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    What inspection?

I have never heard of anyone getting their cars inspected. :?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    What inspection?

Actually it's over 10 years old now...do you mean like the emissions test?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    The truck hasn't been inspected since 1999.

When is it going to blow up?
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    What inspection?

Actually it's over 10 years old now...do you mean like the emissions test?

In NYS every car must be inspected annually. Here's what's checked. The emmissions one really fucks a lot of people in this state with older cars. IL really doesn't have anything like this?

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/broch/c-50.htm
    DS1119 wrote:

In NYS every car must be inspected annually. Here's what's checked. The emmissions one really fucks a lot of people in this state with older cars. IL really doesn't have anything like this?

Wow....no we sure don't! IL has emissions tests...about every 2 years once your car is a certain age. But as far as safety checks and all that? Nope...guess the state of IL doesn't give a shit about our wellbeing :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Wow....no we sure don't! IL has emissions tests...about every 2 years once your car is a certain age. But as far as safety checks and all that? Nope...guess the state of IL doesn't give a shit about our wellbeing :lol:

Neither does Wisconsin... they just leave you the fuck alone.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

if that's what you want to call it. basically, all they do is plug into your odbii port to make sure your check engine light works and it's not on. waiting takes longer than the actually check.

only residents of certain counties have to have it done. i think it's just chicagoland and st louis land.

just got my yellow post card in the mail last week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

if that's what you want to call it. basically, all they do is plug into your odbii port to make sure your check engine light works and it's not on. waiting takes longer than the actually check.

only residents of certain counties have to have it done. i think it's just chicagoland and st louis land.

just got my yellow post card in the mail last week.

You have to pay for it? Sounds like a gigantic waste of money, regardless.

indirectly thru tax $'s. no specific fee to have it done.

last time i was there, they had a now hiring sign...8.75 was the starting pay if memory serves.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

indirectly thru tax $'s. no specific fee to have it done.

last time i was there, they had a now hiring sign...8.75 was the starting pay if memory serves.

Yikes
    here is the official IL inspection
    The OBD test consists of connecting a scan tool to a vehicle's on-board computer to determine the OBD system status (readiness checks), to determine whether the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) is commanded to be illuminated, and to retrieve any stored diagnostic trouble codes.

Vehicles will pass the OBD test if the OBD system is working, all required emissions system readiness checks have been completed, and the MIL is not commanded to be illuminated.

Vehicles will fail the OBD test if the MIL is commanded to be illuminated and diagnostic codes are present. Vehicles will also fail if the OBD system is inoperable or if the OBD connector is missing, damaged, or inaccessible.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    here is the official IL inspection
    The OBD test consists of connecting a scan tool to a vehicle's on-board computer to determine the OBD system status (readiness checks), to determine whether the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) is commanded to be illuminated, and to retrieve any stored diagnostic trouble codes.

Vehicles will pass the OBD test if the OBD system is working, all required emissions system readiness checks have been completed, and the MIL is not commanded to be illuminated.

Vehicles will fail the OBD test if the MIL is commanded to be illuminated and diagnostic codes are present. Vehicles will also fail if the OBD system is inoperable or if the OBD connector is missing, damaged, or inaccessible.

*cough* waste of money *cough*

Sorry, was that out loud?
    I should get home. Fuck Science. Not going

welcome to the land of lincoln. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

10 bucks or 14 bucks depending on the age of the car here in NYS for the inspection. And if the car doesn't pass and you don't get the sticker it becomes illegal. So basically a not so up and up mechanic can hold you for hostage. Of course you do have the option to leave and go to another mechanic...that's if they actually put all of your shit back together properly since if you choose not to do any work they don't get paid. NYS...you gotta love it. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

10 bucks or 14 bucks depending on the age of the car here in NYS for the inspection. And if the car doesn't pass and you don't get the sticker it becomes illegal. So basically a not so up and up mechanic can hold you for hostage. Of course you do have the option to leave and go to another mechanic...that's if they actually put all of your shit back together properly since if you choose not to do any work they don't get paid. NYS...you gotta love it. :lol:

i should have never given up my ohio plates. biggest regret of moving.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

welcome to the land of lincoln. :fp:

:lol:

Sweeeet
    DS1119 wrote:

Interesting

And, oh, fuck that.
    Your images may only be up to 480 pixels high.
    Your images may only be up to 640 pixels wide.

fuck you
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

You've just given me another reason to hate New York :thumbup:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

You've just given me another reason to hate New York :thumbup:

I've been once... I don't intend to return :lol: