Options

Random thread about anything

Comments

• Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Meatloaf sandwiches are delicious!
    there is a spot here in Des Moines, IA (Mullet's) that has Breakfast Meatloaf! soooooo good

THAT is fantastic!! I'm seriously a BIG fan right now!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'd like to dump the dipshits of the world in Spain, paint 'em red, and have a full-on running of the bulls.

(I always root for the bulls anyway.)

I figure Darwinism can't do its thing fast enough, so I'm happy to assist in the process.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Bluetooth headsets are fine. I have one and use it.

But if you are not using it you look like a tool walking around with it on your ear.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    This clock will donate your money to an organization you despise if you decide to snooze

snuznluz.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    hedonist wrote:
    I'd like to dump the dipshits of the world in Spain, paint 'em red, and have a full-on running of the bulls.

(I always root for the bulls anyway.)

I figure Darwinism can't do its thing fast enough, so I'm happy to assist in the process.

:lol: Same reason I like that "anything goes" version of football Carlin used to talk about.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This clock will donate your money to an organization you despise if you decide to snooze

snuznluz.jpg

:shock: :lol::clap:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

snuznluz.jpg

i'd be friggen broke in a week
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Holy crap. Eat a banana or something. His leg must have hurt so bad the next day. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa1LkRpHmVI
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    The fish balls are my favorite, but page through to see the others. They are ridiculous. http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards/fishballs.html
    I win.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I'll tell you what's random. Getting a LinkedIn recommendation from someone who has no business giving you one! :evil: :evil:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'll tell you what's random. Getting a LinkedIn recommendation from someone who has no business giving you one! :evil: :evil:

can you delete recommendations?

my old boss that ratted me out when i was job shopping is trying to link me again. sorry, i don't think so tim.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

can you delete recommendations?

my old boss that ratted me out when i was job shopping is trying to link me again. sorry, i don't think so tim.

Well you have to accept them first. I mean, the recommendation is actually really nice, it's just the person that wrote it that baffles me.

:lol: Sounds like your old boss is kind of an idiot :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

complete..

he had already left my old company, so i said hey, can i use you for a refrence....he said yup, 100% confedential

couple of days later he goes out to dinner with my dotted line boss and spills the beans....new boss drops the name of the company i'm interviewing with into a conversation... :fp:

a few closed door meetings later, and i have a promotion sitting on my desk.....well, more money and a crappy office, but same job...so from that perspective it was good....

but still....people are idiots.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

complete..

he had already left my old company, so i said hey, can i use you for a refrence....he said yup, 100% confedential

couple of days later he goes out to dinner with my dotted line boss and spills the beans....new boss drops the name of the company i'm interviewing with into a conversation... :fp:

a few closed door meetings later, and i have a promotion sitting on my desk.....well, more money and a crappy office, but same job...so from that perspective it was good....

but still....people are idiots.

Sounds somewhat familiar. :think:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

wasn't there a PJ fan last year that jumped from a second level to the lower level at a show last year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

wasn't there a PJ fan last year that jumped from a second level to the lower level at a show last year

I remember only the guy who fell from a hotel balcony last year. I think that was in Toronto.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I remember only the guy who fell from a hotel balcony last year. I think that was in Toronto.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=136218

Toronto is also correct
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    damn you glen hansard for playing at the 9:30 club the night before I have to drive 1000 miles to florida.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    damn you glen hansard for playing at the 9:30 club the night before I have to drive 1000 miles to florida.

Are you going??
    I win.
  • Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Are you going??

If it was any other day, I would def go..the 9:30 is one of my faves and I'd love to see glen again, but I'm assuming we'll be leaving extremely early the following day (and DC is about 2 hours away), so essentially I would get maybe 1-2 hours of sleep and then driving all day/night to FL..so that's a little too much. Hopefully glen will come back this way soon enough. :)
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    afroannnie wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Are you going??

If it was any other day, I would def go..the 9:30 is one of my faves and I'd love to see glen again, but I'm assuming we'll be leaving extremely early the following day (and DC is about 2 hours away), so essentially I would get maybe 1-2 hours of sleep and then driving all day/night to FL..so that's a little too much. Hopefully glen will come back this way soon enough. :)

A real fan would go ;)
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:

Are you going??

A real fan would go ;)

:lol::lol: I actually keep considering it...but I know the 2000 mile road trip/ 3 day festival, fly to Montana thing in one week is already going to kick my ass. :lol:
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

:lol::lol: I actually keep considering it...but I know the 2000 mile road trip/ 3 day festival, fly to Montana thing in one week is already going to kick my ass. :lol:

But we'll all be so proud of you. ;)

What's the saying... Sleep when you're dead.
    I win.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    my computer shorted out the other day...zzzz...poof. not that i think it's some kind of plot by dell...it's just weird that happened to do it three years to the day of the date it was manufactured...

it's in gettin fixed...glad i still have a month left on the warranty...whew
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    prism wrote:
    my computer shorted out the other day...zzzz...poof. not that i think it's some kind of plot by dell...it's just weird that happened to do it three years to the day of the date it was manufactured...

it's in gettin fixed...glad i still have a month left on the warranty...whew
    Hidee-ho, pris!
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Those fans are on a different level :lol:
  • Options
    I like crackers.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I like crackers.

in soup?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

snuznluz.jpg

i'd be friggen broke in a week

Me too... I never set a snooze though. I always fall asleep after the alarm goes off and hope to wake up before missing a class.

No alarm in the summer 8-)