Options

SF: Night 1, 2 or 3 was the best?

2»

Comments

• Options
    qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    Im back in Toronto after spending a great week in Nor Cal. I highly reccomend to spend some time there, such a great city!

First off, all 3 shows were great! I walked away from each one feeling very satisfied. Night 1 opening with Of the Girl was great! Gods Dice was a nice surprise. And the sound was great! All those posts about the shity sound at the Bill Graham where bullshit. I think the shows were the best sounding of the tour.

The energy for show 2 was better tham 1, even though the setlist was not as good for the first show. I was at the part of the rail where Ed came out to sing Last Kiss. I was literally one foot away from him which was great, but let me tell you all that he was pretty stinky! Lol!

Show 3, well starting with Release, then Hail Hail, then Untitled/MFC, Sad, Red Mosquito, Present Tense, In Hiding, etc... the first set just was one jaw dropping moment after a another! and the crowd was going nuts! Stone had to settle us down half way through the set, but all in all it wasnt that bad. Some pushing and crowd surfing, but nothing that took away from the show. During DTE, i was jumping up and down because I had to, everyone else was!

As for the length of the shows, they didnt feel like short shows. I think beeing GA shows, and everyone was standing for 5 hours from Sonich Youth to Y. Led., I think the length was appropriate. It definately didnt take away from the experience.

All in all, I leave San Francisco feeling very satisfied that I witnessed 3 epic shows in one of the worlds great cities. The term "The San Francisco trillogy" shold now become part of the PJ lexicon. As for the origional question, all 3 shows get a tie for first place!

Hope to see you all in the south in spring 2007! and hopefully at MSG too!
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    Did you get it on your shoulder? if so, I'm pretty sure I saw it from across the room at the CCFA thing. I remember, because I'd never seen that tat before.

Yeah, that was me. I just stopped in for a minute at the CCFA on night 3. Was there for a hour or so on night 2, and the entire thing on night 3. Spent a bunch of money there on raffle tickets and auctions and shirts. Oh well, went to somewhere where it was needed.
    tacos
  • Options
    BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    qwerty wrote:
    I was at the part of the rail where Ed came out to sing Last Kiss. I was literally one foot away from him which was great, but let me tell you all that he was pretty stinky! Lol!

I saw that line and I knew exactly who typed it... thanks a MILLION for the tix qwerty!!!! Sorry I ditched you for the balcony but I don't have your stamina & courage... it was awesome to meet you & hang out on line. Can't wait to see you at MSG in '07!
    qwerty wrote:
    As for the origional question, all 3 shows get a tie for first place!

Ha ha, I tried to put you on the spot when we were on line for night 3 and you wouldn't admit whether show 1 or 2 was better... glad to see you're still squarely on the fence ;)
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    I saw that line and I knew exactly who typed it... thanks a MILLION for the tix qwerty!!!! Sorry I ditched you for the balcony but I don't have your stamina & courage... it was awesome to meet you & hang out on line. Can't wait to see you at MSG in '07!

Ha ha, I tried to put you on the spot when we were on line for night 3 and you wouldn't admit whether show 1 or 2 was better... glad to see you're still squarely on the fence ;)

Hey Jeremy,
    It was great meeting you too, and I will definately be at the next MSG shows whenever they are! Now back to the balcony to drink some more!
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • Options
    gmcabralgmcabral Posts: 50
    No..it's more like this:

Footsteps/STBC/Indifference Vs. Amerikan in Me/Leash/Fuckin' Up Vs. Untitled/Red Mosquito/Light Years/Down/Leash/AATWT

awww, shit...why couldn't I have stayed for the third show? Oh well, having been to the first two, I say night 2 was better.

i agree.. night 2 did it for me for some reason. i enjoyed the crowd more, the tunes more and the energy more. all my friends liked 3 the best, but i'm sticking to my guns.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    all good,,, night 1 might get alittle nod

FOOTSTEPS IS MY FIX
  • Options
    USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    I gotta go with 2 (though I wasnt at 3)
  • Options
    Onion ManOnion Man Posts: 17
    Night 3.
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Night 2 since I was on the rail right in front of Ed :) But all three nights kicked ass... more GA shows please!
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Bird888Bird888 Posts: 99
    for me, the 3rd was slightly better than SF1. I place SF3 a close 3rd.

These were my final shows of the tour...I got to go to 8 total. 4 on the East coast and 4 out West. Probably the 3 nights in SF, as a whole, will be something I will always remember!!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Options
    BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    I'm sitting here listening to the bootleg for night 3 for the first time, reliving that magical evening, and I have to say that concert was by far the most amazing assembly of human beings in the history of man. Holy frigging crap. I mean sweet jesus in heaven. Untitled, MFC, RED MOSQUITO... the band is positively on fire. By the time they Do the Evolution, they're at a level that I couldn't have even imagined. Listen to Present Tense - Matt Cameron's drumming is not even from this planet. I haven't even gotten to the encores yet. How incredible is this band?

Nights 1 and 2 were great. Night 3 was transcendent.

tran·scen·dent adj.

1. Surpassing others; preeminent or supreme.
    2. Lying beyond the ordinary range of perception: “fails to achieve a transcendent significance in suffering and squalor” (National Review).
    3. Philosophy.
    1. Transcending the Aristotelian categories.
    2. In Kant's theory of knowledge, being beyond the limits of experience and hence unknowable.
    4. Being above and independent of the material universe. Used of the Deity.

"Lying beyond the ordinary range of perception" - yeah. that sums it up nicely.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    qwerty wrote:
    Im back in Toronto after spending a great week in Nor Cal. I highly reccomend to spend some time there, such a great city!

First off, all 3 shows were great! I walked away from each one feeling very satisfied. Night 1 opening with Of the Girl was great! Gods Dice was a nice surprise. And the sound was great! All those posts about the shity sound at the Bill Graham where bullshit. I think the shows were the best sounding of the tour.

The energy for show 2 was better tham 1, even though the setlist was not as good for the first show. I was at the part of the rail where Ed came out to sing Last Kiss. I was literally one foot away from him which was great, but let me tell you all that he was pretty stinky! Lol!

Show 3, well starting with Release, then Hail Hail, then Untitled/MFC, Sad, Red Mosquito, Present Tense, In Hiding, etc... the first set just was one jaw dropping moment after a another! and the crowd was going nuts! Stone had to settle us down half way through the set, but all in all it wasnt that bad. Some pushing and crowd surfing, but nothing that took away from the show. During DTE, i was jumping up and down because I had to, everyone else was!

As for the length of the shows, they didnt feel like short shows. I think beeing GA shows, and everyone was standing for 5 hours from Sonich Youth to Y. Led., I think the length was appropriate. It definately didnt take away from the experience.

All in all, I leave San Francisco feeling very satisfied that I witnessed 3 epic shows in one of the worlds great cities. The term "The San Francisco trillogy" shold now become part of the PJ lexicon. As for the origional question, all 3 shows get a tie for first place!

Hope to see you all in the south in spring 2007! and hopefully at MSG too!
    I agree-the sound was excellent! these shows were fuckin magic

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    You think Eddie was drunk on the 3rd Night? No!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=3531429#post3531429

I think that photo sums up SF III pretty dang well.... except you'd need Boom in the bkgnd looking like Eddie at an Iron Maiden show....

Crazy Boom Mary.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    Night 2 since I was on the rail right in front of Ed :) But all three nights kicked ass... more GA shows please!
    Hey, I was on the rail right in front of Mike...I'm sure I saw you there, were you next to those assholes that got rail because they worked at the venue....seriously, those punks need to sleep on the same filthy, piss-stained, godawful smelling sidewalk that I slept on to appreciate that rail.