Nik Wallenda Crossing Niagara Falls on a Highwire

2»

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    they should have people shooting paint balls at him.. I mean, anyone could just walk across,,, ;)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    announcer "its amazing how much his pole is moving"
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Caveeze wrote:
    they should have people shooting paint balls at him.. I mean, anyone could just walk across,,, ;)
    Anybody have a canon...lets make a sonic boooooom
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Back to baseballl
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Obviously its pretty amazing to walk that far across a wire, but with a harness???
    Obviously its pretty amazing to walk that far across a wire, but with a harness???
    I know!! if he doesn't fall, the harness is not needed.. so it is lame that he has it..
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    Sucks that he has that harness. It's more exciting if there's a chance of death
    I miss igotid88
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    You should all check out Man On Wire if you haven't already seen it. I'm not much into daredevil stunts but this one was amazing in so many ways. This thread just reminded me I've been meaning to watch it again :D
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Well that was anti-climatic.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    that was really cool
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I know he had the harness and all...

But that was still really cool, he had a view from there that nobody else in history had...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    I know he had the harness and all...

But that was still really cool, he had a view from there that nobody else in history had...

I think Superman flew around there
    I miss igotid88
    I really wish he fell especially since he had the harness. I wanted to see how they would have rescued him.
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Watched it on the news here. INSANE!! They said the harness was because of his sponsors. He's the 7th generation of tightrope walkers in his family they said, 3 family tight rope walkers having died.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    morello wrote:
    Watched it on the news here. INSANE!! They said the harness was because of his sponsors. He's the 7th generation of tightrope walkers in his family they said, 3 family tight rope walkers having died.

All true. My opinion is you can't be a "dare devil" with a safety harness. Let the guy calculate, practice, etc. all he wants but if you want to make it a true "death defying stunt"...let it all hang out.
    DS1119 wrote:
    morello wrote:

All true. My opinion is you can't be a "dare devil" with a safety harness. Let the guy calculate, practice, etc. all he wants but if you want to make it a true "death defying stunt"...let it all hang out.
    Totally. Stupid fkn sponsors/corporate mutha-fuckers!! Thing is though he's done such things so many times it still counts it's just the stupid sponsors who look like dicks. He still did it IMHO.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    morello wrote:
    Totally. Stupid fkn sponsors/corporate mutha-fuckers!! Thing is though he's done such things so many times it still counts it's just the stupid sponsors who look like dicks. He still did it IMHO.

Meh. Do it without the security of the harness.Would he have done it? Probably. But lets see it. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Meh. Do it without the security of the harness.Would he have done it? Probably. But lets see it. :lol:
    Meh right back at ya. He did it to me. Harness was for the dickhead corporates. I don't care about them.
    <hr>
    morello wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Meh right back at ya. He did it to me. Harness was for the dickhead corporates. I don't care about them.

It's like flying a plane for the first time with your instructor in the cockpit. Good job but do it without the safety net.
    morello wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    morello wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    It's like flying a plane for the first time with your instructor in the cockpit. Good job but do it without the safety net.
    Well, I guess his 'need' for sponsorship outweighed his erm, erm....
    <hr>
    It's like shooting an apple using a bow and arrow off of someones head who's wearing a kevlar suit from head to toe. Good shot...but no danger.
    DS1119 wrote:
    It's like shooting an apple using a bow and arrow off of someones head who's wearing a kevlar suit from head to toe. Good shot...but no danger.
    yeah but if he hit the apple & not the person he's still done it!
    <hr>