Nik Wallenda Crossing Niagara Falls on a Highwire

MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Tonight on ABC.

Anyone planning on checking it out? I work in Niagara Falls and it is mayhem.

current and live feed
http://www.660news.com/news/national/ar ... ls-tonight
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I plan on watching. Love Niagara Falls by the way. Something in the air there.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    sounds cool. thanks for the heads up, I didn't know if we would be able to see it. I love that kind of stuff
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    they are making him tie-off to the cable. boo.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:

water droplettes from the falls?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Jason P wrote:

in that case....i hope he falls. :lol:

i'll wait for highlights.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I read something about the ions in the air or something from the water crashing. I don't know. If you've been there you would know. It's just a refreshing clean feeling. Very cool.
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I read something about the ions in the air or something from the water crashing. I don't know. If you've been there you would know. It's just a refreshing clean feeling. Very cool.

went once years ago. stayed in the dumpiest hotel. teh bed was warped, the AC was a window unit located in the bathroom....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Jason P wrote:

That kind of sucks. I mean if you're going to dare devil type shit...make it dare devil shit. If he's tied off why not just walk a tight rope across my living room floor at a two inch height. Sure it takes skill but where's the adventure in that? :?
    81 wrote:
    went once years ago. stayed in the dumpiest hotel. teh bed was warped, the AC was a window unit located in the bathroom....

WOw. You just made me had a flashback. Went to the Dead show in 92 at Rich Stadium and we stayed at a joint called The Blue Dolphin. It had cinder block walls. :lol: We were in college and didn't give a fuck. It was a good place to drink and get high. :lol:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    ABC is making him.

Word is he is going to get up part way and take it off. They say it has trouble moving past the counter-weights and 'his people' say that the contract opens the door for him to shed the tether for a safety issue.

I think they will leave the cameras rolling too. If word gets out he drops the harness, viewership will increase.
    I think I remember reading that it took him years to let him do it, and to do it in that location. Normally no-one is allowed thre and they have people do stunts like that further down river, if they allow it at all. So maybe the tie-off was the comprimise
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    DS1119 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

That kind of sucks. I mean if you're going to dare devil type shit...make it dare devil shit. If he's tied off why not just walk a tight rope across my living room floor at a two inch height. Sure it takes skill but where's the adventure in that? :?
    He was going to do it without any safety restraints, but the wussy lawyers at ABC freaked out and refused to televise it unless he did.
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

WOw. You just made me had a flashback. Went to the Dead show in 92 at Rich Stadium and we stayed at a joint called The Blue Dolphin. It had cinder block walls. :lol: We were in college and didn't give a fuck. It was a good place to drink and get high. :lol:

your mom goes to college
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so no chance he's gonna die?

passaroni

where's evil knievel or one of those shitheads from jackass? true daredevils!
    Yeah, there is a 100 year old 'stunt' law there. Tons of red tape and he had some Politician contacts working for him on both sides of the border.

ABC are the tether Nazis.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

your mom goes to college

:?
    norm wrote:

passaroni

I loved evil kenevil when I was growing up. I don't know how many bicycle and skateboard stunts he inspired us to do, but we were awesome! epic injuries
    norm wrote:

passaroni

I was thinking about Evil Knievel too. He didn't tie down. Sure he planned shit out but when push came to shove it was just pure balls.
    so how long is it going to take for him to cross it? and is he going over the actual falls?
    DS1119 wrote:
    norm wrote:

passaroni

I was thinking about Evil Knievel too. He didn't tie down. Sure he planned shit out but when push came to shove it was just pure balls.

damded straight, he just strapped his ass to a rocket and had a parachute for the landing.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    norm wrote:

passaroni

I loved evil kenevil when I was growing up. I don't know how many bicycle and skateboard stunts he inspired us to do, but we were awesome! epic injuries

next day after seeing one of his stunts i'd be building ramps and jumping my Schwinn (banana seat and all) until it or i broke :lol: i miss the 70's
    i think he is going to un-tether pretty early.
    norm wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    norm wrote:

passaroni

next day after seeing one of his stunts i'd be building ramps and jumping my Schwinn (banana seat and all) until it or i broke :lol: i miss the 70's

yes, I had a Schwinn with the banana seat too!! made that thing fly!
    norm wrote:

I rocked something like this as a kid until I got my first Huffy. My dad put training wheels and the big long flag on the seat and everything. :lol:

PA250001.jpg
    FALL FALL FALL FALL FALL

:corn:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    This would be a lot cooler if he didn't have that safety harness.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    This would be a lot cooler if he didn't have that safety harness.
    +20
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Yeah, he is gonna be takin off the harness mid trip....haha

Hope he falls and swings in the wind for a bit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Annoucers are aweful
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg