Video Games

2»

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Civ 5 sucks ass. The whole build of the game is a colossal disappointment.

Civ 4 on the other hand, IMO is about the greatest game ever made.

I realize it is a hard act to follow, but there was room for improvements/changes without scrapping nearly everything the series progressed to... nor without making it just seem like an expansion for Civ 4.

Kind of what GTA 4 did from San Andreas, but much worse.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Just don't have the time to play much anymore. I'm pretty much reduced to buying the new NHL game every year and that's about it. I miss college.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Just don't have the time to play much anymore. I'm pretty much reduced to buying the new NHL game every year and that's about it. I miss college.

Yeah... College is awesome... Getting shit faced and playing x-box :lol:
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Jason P wrote:
    Intellivision was my first system...

Football was the best...

But those plastic key pad guides were annoying...
    My friend had one. Remember playing Bump-in-Jump, Happy Trails, Burger Time and Lock-in-Chase. I agree that they had the worst controllers ever, even worse then the Atari 7800.
    holy shit! I hadn't thought of bump n jump in YEARS! I had that game....my neighbours had Burger Time, loved that one. Mine came with Astrosmash and Poker/Blackjack (great for the kids!)...There were some really dumb games...Frog Bog comes to mind. I had Snafu too.....The hockey was awesome. But ya, the baseball, having to select players on the keypad thing, it never worked well....
    I think my parents paid like $300 for that thing in the early 80's...crazy. Remember going downstairs and it was there, hooked up and ready to play on christmas morning, then having to bitch at my dad for a turn to play it :lol:

I loved my Intellivision. Shark Shark and Pit Fall were my go to games. There was a surgery game that I remember being really hard but I was a kid and it was the 80's :lol:
    Those controllers would get hot ..... Metal disk :fp:
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

We had NES RBI Baseball and Super Techmo Bowl tourneys my freshman year!! Drunken old school games were the best!!! :D
    mca47 wrote:

We had NES RBI Baseball and Super Techmo Bowl tourneys my freshman year!! Drunken old school games were the best!!! :D

You lucky bastard :lol:

I'll have to pick up an NES from the game store by my parents place.... There are usually a few sitting around

I'll have to pick up an NES from the game store by my parents place.... There are usually a few sitting around
    There was quite a bit of haze in the air too! ;)

I still fire mine up from time to time. Looks HORRIBLE on a 50" TV though!

I still instinctively blow in the cartridge before I stick it in! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:

There was quite a bit of haze in the air too! ;)

I still fire mine up from time to time. Looks HORRIBLE on a 50" TV though!

I still instinctively blow in the cartridge before I stick it in! :lol:

There's always a haze in this place. :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    By the Nine Divines! There is a new Skyrim expansion available!

:o:o:o

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2406345,00.asp
  • Jason P wrote:
    Civ 5 expansion pack "Gods and Kings" was just released. It appears it has addressed quite a few issues in the game and made vast improvements.

I have Civ 5 but have yet to play it because it reminded me how awesome Civ 4 is and I just started playing it instead.

I just started playing civ 4.First civ game i've played. Pretty cool.
    Jason P wrote:
    Civ 5 expansion pack "Gods and Kings" was just released. It appears it has addressed quite a few issues in the game and made vast improvements.

I have Civ 5 but have yet to play it because it reminded me how awesome Civ 4 is and I just started playing it instead.

I just started playing civ 4.First civ game i've played. Pretty cool.

#2 and #3 are good too.

#4 is the best, but very advanced.

#1 is outdated, and #5 sucks
    Anyone play Outlast? It's free with PS+. It'll make you jump!
    Not yet. Maybe this weekend. Don't Starve is a pretty fantastic ps plus game though
    MayDay10 said:

Not yet. Maybe this weekend. Don't Starve is a pretty fantastic ps plus game though

Yeah? I'll have to check that out!

The only thing I hate about Outlast is that you can't attack....only run. Would be so much easier if you could beat on some mental patients! LOL!
  • Treyert14Treyert14 Posts: 924
    I'm gonna have to go with Left 4 Dead :p