Anyone Use Verizon for Phone/Data?

2»

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Better Dan wrote:
    Just read this in an article that came out today

"While the existing Verizon subscribers with tiered data plans won’t be forced to change their plans when they upgrade, the ones with the unlimited data plans will have to switch to one of the tiered plans unless they purchase an unsubsidized phone."

This is bullshit! I'm really pissed off about this. What's worse I've been eligible for an upgrade for a few months but waiting to see what other phones were coming down the pipeline later this month. BS!

I can't believe I haven't heard about this. Fuck Verizon. My contract is up in October and I think my fiancé is up in January...I'll be joining 81 with Sprint
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'll be joining 81 with Sprint

coverage is solid in the area....

hopefully they get the LTE network up soon.....might have to upgrade to the EVO LTE phone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    I'll be joining 81 with Sprint

coverage is solid in the area....

hopefully they get the LTE network up soon.....might have to upgrade to the EVO LTE phone

Yeah, a couple friends have Sprint and really like it.

Being able to to use the phone for home internet would be nice too. You ever have any issues with that?
    You ever have any issues with that?

two years in and i'm not ready to bring cable internet back....

when they first rolled out wimax in 2010 there were a couple of hiccups, but overall, i've been pleased.

wimax 4g sucks in office buildings, but works fine in my house....LTE is suppose to be better indoors as well as faster

once sprint rolls out LTE to chicago, i'll be looking to upgrade.

i would compare wimax to dsl. it's solid and i'm pleased.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'm on a 2 year verizon contract that's up in a few months. I only got Verizon because my girlfriend uses it and early in our relationship it kept her from getting overcharges for over texting me. (we live together now so we barely text or call each other anymore).

I left t-mobile and regret every day of it. My reception with Verizon sucks. The bills suck. Their customer service is only good because they are willing to help you out AFTER they fuck you by adding mysterious charges.

Verizon=no good.

I had t-mobile for almost 10 years before verizon and never had a problem with them. I will most likely go back to them now that AT&T isn't buying them..
    I'm on a 2 year verizon contract that's up in a few months. I only got Verizon because my girlfriend uses it and early in our relationship it kept her from getting overcharges for over texting me. (we live together now so we barely text or call each other anymore).

I left t-mobile and regret every day of it. My reception with Verizon sucks. The bills suck. Their customer service is only good because they are willing to help you out AFTER they fuck you by adding mysterious charges.

Verizon=no good.

I had t-mobile for almost 10 years before verizon and never had a problem with them. I will most likely go back to them now that AT&T isn't buying them..

this is a good relationship lesson.......don't listen to women :lol:

i kid, i kid.

or not. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:

Verizon=no good.

this is a good relationship lesson.......don't listen to women :lol:

i kid, i kid.

or not. :lol:
    I was being nice to her at the time. Not worth paying hundreds more a year for less anymore.. What do people think when they pay more for Verizon? Or AT&T?
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Looks like I may be moving to Sprint.

If I upgrade, I pay the same amount as I'm currently paying for unlimited ($30) but only get 2 Gigs. :fp: They offered me unlimited voice, unlimited text, and 4 Gigs of data (that can be shared between both me and my wife's phone) for $150. How does this compare to Sprint's pricing?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Better Dan wrote:

If I upgrade, I pay the same amount as I'm currently paying for unlimited ($30) but only get 2 Gigs. :fp: They offered me unlimited voice, unlimited text, and 4 Gigs of data (that can be shared between both me and my wife's phone) for $150. How does this compare to Sprint's pricing?

I realize that what I'm about to say makes me sound incredibly spoiled being that I'm sitting on a comfy leather couch in the comfort of A/C, so:

<brat>

That is some bullshit, Verizon! My super evil plan was to use my unlimited cell phone as a means to connect to the web and watch TV through Hulu so that I won't have to pay for a cable/Internet service.

I really hope Sprint sells HTC Android phones!

</brat>
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    drivingrl wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

I realize that what I'm about to say makes me sound incredibly spoiled being that I'm sitting on a comfy leather couch in the comfort of A/C, so:

<brat>

That is some bullshit, Verizon! My super evil plan was to use my unlimited cell phone as a means to connect to the web and watch TV through Hulu so that I won't have to pay for a cable/Internet service.

</brat>

I think we may just do it. We have cable/internet at home so I can use wifi. And even then, my wife and I don't use that much data..we've avereraged around 3 gigs between the two of us the last few months. We actually keep going over on the voice minutes so the unlimited would actually help us.

I'm also thinking of doing the unthinkable...something I never thought I would do...switching from a droid to an iphone :o
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    Better Dan wrote:

We are at 157 for two phones with the credit union discount. Make sure you get a discount.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    drivingrl wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

<brat>

</brat>
    Yes, sprint sells htc android phones. Evo lte is the new one right now. Although only a handful of area's are lit for lte service right now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Better Dan wrote:
    I'm also thinking of doing the unthinkable...something I never thought I would do...switching from a droid to an iphone :o

If I didn't use Google's services for everything, I probably would own an iPhone. HTC phones are just better suited for the Google services (gchat, gmail, gcalendar, etc.)
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    ATT is following suit

you have been warned.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424

Verizon=no good.

I too have had t- mobile for a looooong time too. Can't touch the price with family plans.....
    Never had a problem.
    But seems things are changing since the whole AT&T thing.
    T-mobile isn't as bad as some...... Just not the company it used to be.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    ATT is following suit

you have been warned.

They will all follow. Just natural.