***Official***81 is driving us to Montana Thread

Comments

• 81 wrote:
    this is actually good camping weather as long as you bring enough blankets to stay warm.
    I'm trying to strategize packing here. We have 5 people and 2 cars one of which wouldn't hold my stuff by itself (sorry Kyle, no offense) I'm trying to get everything into one big bag and not bringing any food so I can put stuff into an empty cooler. I have to get clothes, a tent, pillow, sleeping bag and a bunch of randoms into said packaging. And try and get it into the bed of your truck! it doesn't have any sorta bed cover by chance does it?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I would recommend lip balm, carmex, chapstick etc. It can be really dry there.

and lotion...gals, bring really good lotion! (and keep it away from 81!)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    this is actually good camping weather as long as you bring enough blankets to stay warm.
    I'm trying to strategize packing here. We have 5 people and 2 cars one of which wouldn't hold my stuff by itself (sorry Kyle, no offense) I'm trying to get everything into one big bag and not bringing any food so I can put stuff into an empty cooler. I have to get clothes, a tent, pillow, sleeping bag and a bunch of randoms into said packaging. And try and get it into the bed of your truck! it doesn't have any sorta bed cover by chance does it?

no cover.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I would recommend lip balm, carmex, chapstick etc. It can be really dry there.

and lotion...gals, bring really good lotion! (and keep it away from 81!)

never leave home without chapstick.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

no cover.
    and now wrap it in a tarp!
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:

None taken; I have a tiny, tiny car. :)

But based on what you're saying, maybe it's best if we still take just two cars? It seems like we'll need the room.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

None taken; I have a tiny, tiny car. :)

But based on what you're saying, maybe it's best if we still take just two cars? It seems like we'll need the room.
    I concur.
    kw18 wrote:
    I concur.

OK, then we're taking two vehicles, still. I'm making the executive decision. :lol:

Are all the logistics still in play? 81 was picking you up, correct? That makes sense if all your stuff won't fit in my vehicle, and I have Becky to pick up, too.

Oh, and 81, I haven't heard from Becky yet ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    I concur.

OK, then we're taking two vehicles, still. I'm making the executive decision. :lol:

Are all the logistics still in play? 81 was picking you up, correct? That makes sense if all your stuff won't fit in my vehicle, and I have Becky to pick up, too.

Oh, and 81, I haven't heard from Becky yet ...

you have her number right? drop her a text.

you pick up becky, i grab cubee, and we meet at trucks to consolidate...or if his wife is inclined, drops him off around madison...that would actuall work out well...as you could buzz out I90 and meet up with cubee and I around highway 59 on the west side of schaumburg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    you have her number right? drop her a text.

you pick up becky, i grab cubee, and we meet at trucks to consolidate...or if his wife is inclined, drops him off around madison...that would actuall work out well...as you could buzz out I90 and meet up with cubee and I around highway 59 on the west side of schaumburg

I don't have her number, no. Does she check her PMs much? I can just PM her.

That all sounds good. OK, Truck, in your hands now ... where do we meet?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:

i thought you two exchanged numbers at the last party.... :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

i thought you two exchanged numbers at the last party.... :?:

Wait ... OH! We totally did. Ha! Forgot about that. Guess I should probably text her. :fp:

:lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    have you emailed emily's friend yet?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    just a tick over a week until we depart for the greatest adventure of our lifetime....

i'm over doing it huh. :lol:

all kidding aside, i was talking to the women the other day about the trip.....and laughed at the thought of a bunch of middle aged peeps road tripping 1600 miles for a party. this is my spring break....i never got to do the road trip to FL in college. being poor sucked. :lol::lol::lol:

#woooo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    middle aged peeps.

:evil:
    I lost a bet...
  • Gonna rock this on the way, came out today. These guys are SO GOOD live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlMemzaO ... r_embedded
    81 wrote:
    middle aged peeps.

i'm defiantly middle aged, you can catagorize yourself any which way you want.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Middle-WHAT?!

Well, the way I live my life, I'm probably well-past the midway point. :fp:

:lol::lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."

Have you seen the one with the wife and car being towed?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Gonna rock this on the way, came out today. These guys are SO GOOD live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlMemzaO ... r_embedded

OMG!! YES!!! I Love Local H...they are my second favorite band! :mrgreen:
    I lost a bet...

Hands down mine too! K, now who has a record player in their car? Or I guess I could buy the cd too.
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    middle aged peeps.

i'm defiantly middle aged, you can catagorize yourself any which way you want.

I'm going with old enough to know better, but young enough not to care. :lol:
    I lost a bet...

Hands down mine too! K, now who has a record player in their car? Or I guess I could buy the cd too.

I pre-ordered the colored vinyl and the CD. Haven't received either yet. :(
    I lost a bet...
  • I missed the colored vinyl, was just shocked they actually put it out on a record for once. I was thinking a couple weeks ago when they played Dirty Nellies and Ed was in town for Bruce at Wrigley how AWESOME it would be it he showed up there and sang Eddie Vedder!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    kw18 wrote:
    On the plus side I doubt any of us will be sober when we go to sleep or pass out, whatever you wanna call it.

That actually puts people at greater risk for hypothermia because booze causes blood vessels to dialate, releasing more heat. While that makes you feel warmer, you're actually lose heat faster and are more susceptible to the cold. :ugeek:

However, cause you're drunk, you wouldn't know it! :lol:
    I once got drunk when I was out in -8 Celcius for a few hours with no coat, in a skirt, and I didn't even care or notice until the next day, when I woke up and was still ice cold all over and shivering 12 hours after coming inside. :oops: So I think you're right!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I missed the colored vinyl, was just shocked they actually put it out on a record for once. I was thinking a couple weeks ago when they played Dirty Nellies and Ed was in town for Bruce at Wrigley how AWESOME it would be it he showed up there and sang Eddie Vedder!!

I was having flashbacks to trying to get PJ20 tickets when I was trying to order the colored vinyl.....F5F5F5F5F5... :lol: That would have been incredible...they could have sung Eddie Vedder. :mrgreen::lol::lol:

Oh, and 81...according to this article I am nowhere near middle age. :evil: ..so there!
    http://now.msn.com/middle-age-now-start ... tish-study
    I lost a bet...
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

christmas_vacation_001.jpg

who is the dead aunt? 81?

well DS 0r 81

im sure that will be within the first 500 miles.... :lol:

:corn:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

christmas_vacation_001.jpg

who is the dead aunt? 81?

well DS 0r 81

im sure that will be within the first 500 miles.... :lol:

:corn:

I still wish I was going in the damn caravan. Would be way more fun than crammed between people on a plane, sitting in the airport wait on the plane, being frisked by TSA... well, maybe.

I will be watching for updates on the twat machine.
    I win.
This discussion has been closed.