Options

***OFFICIAL***I'm Going to Missoula Thread

Comments

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    down_ski wrote:
    The Trail, a local rock station here in Missoula just posted this on their Facebook wall.....

"We're told that the pre-sale for Pearl Jam fan club members is going gangbusters. With still a week + remaining until the general public on-sale date, there's only about 2,000 tickets left. Pre-sale ends today."

The venue holds approx. 8,500....
    Goin gangbusters?....the way that's worded, it kinda sounds like the 10C tix are unlimited? hmmmm :think:
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    down_ski wrote:
    The Trail, a local rock station here in Missoula just posted this on their Facebook wall.....

"We're told that the pre-sale for Pearl Jam fan club members is going gangbusters. With still a week + remaining until the general public on-sale date, there's only about 2,000 tickets left. Pre-sale ends today."

Goin gangbusters?....the way that's worded, it kinda sounds like the 10C tix are unlimited? hmmmm :think:

Im sure they are, if the fanclub takes up most of this show there is a good chance they add another. Hopefully Saturday.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,571
    SolarWorld wrote:
    down_ski wrote:

Im sure they are, if the fanclub takes up most of this show there is a good chance they add another. Hopefully Saturday.
    :o No no! Monday! ... They wouldn't add a second show for before the original one, would they? I've never heard of that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    down_ski wrote:

Assuming the radio station is the promoter or has some other way of knowing what's going on with tix....dunno how they would?
  • Options
    I've never seen a second show added on a Monday after a Sunday either. Could happen I guess, But you get more people in on a Saturday than a Monday.
  • Options
    Assuming the radio station is the promoter or has some other way of knowing what's going on with tix....dunno how they would?

You dont think its possible these guys know Jeff?
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    I've never seen a second show added on a Monday after a Sunday either. Could happen I guess, But you get more people in on a Saturday than a Monday.
    Someone said they heard the second show would be on Oct 1st. No idea how reliable their source was, but... I mean, the venue could be booked for something else on Saturday, who knows.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    I'm hopefully coming from Pennsylvania. When do you think we will know if a second show is added to plan flights accordinly?

Thanks
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Jeff and Tester are doing a dinner VIP + dinner Saturday. Doubt that would be a possibility to do a show that night.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

oh I'm sure that's possible.....but do you think Jeff would be checking in with our overlords to ask how ticket sales are going? maybe, I guess.
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Jeff and Tester are doing a dinner VIP + dinner Saturday. Doubt that would be a possibility to do a show that night.
    good point
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

oh I'm sure that's possible.....but do you think Jeff would be checking in with our overlords to ask how ticket sales are going? maybe, I guess.

I do know that Jeff is involved with the PJ business so it's not far fetched that he called in to see what's up.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

They could be full of shit, but radio hosts tend to have tons of contacts and can be surprisingly resourceful when it comes to getting info (my ex is a radio producer - it's surprising just how many people the producers know and get inside info from).
  • Options

They dont take the stage usually until 9-9:30, but you are probably right about the day. Just odd for a show to be added on a Monday. Move the dinner, its not too late for that. :)
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

I do know that Jeff is involved with the PJ business so it's not far fetched that he called in to see what's up.
    Especially since it's his home state - he probably has special interest in this one.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    They could be full of shit, but radio hosts tend to have tons of contacts and can be surprisingly resourceful when it comes to getting info (my ex is a radio producer - it's surprising just how many people the producers know and get inside info from).

What would be the point in burning a bridge with PJ and making something like this up?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Especially since it's his home state - he probably has special interest in this one.[/quote]

Tester and him are boys, I'm sure this whole thing is Jeff's deal.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

What would be the point in burning a bridge with PJ and making something like this up?
    Not much point... they could just be bad, stupid radio hosts. But I doubt it. They wouldn't likely say something like that without having a reason to say it.
  • Options
    One thing is curious though, if they really pre sold that many tickets, I'm surprised there arent more people here at this point wondering what's up.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    SolarWorld wrote:
    One thing is curious though, if they really pre sold that many tickets, I'm surprised there arent more people here at this point wondering what's up.
    I was thinking the same thing... Also, I read somewhere else that the venue only held 4,500 with seats, 5,500 with GA (or something like that), and I thought wow, small place, that's awesome ... But they said 8000+? Which is correct? I'm thinking the smaller number if what the DJs said was true, because I'd be surprised if 6000 10C all decided to come to Montana if they don't live there already. 3500 is a lot more believable.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    down_ski wrote:

if what the DJ said and what Dr. Steve Brule posted they would be insane not to book a 2nd night. 6500 tickets to fanclub members? But can that be right? I thought the fanclub is only giving about 10 to 20% of the tickets?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    This is a benefit and Jeff's deal, they could have said let us bring in a many fan clubbers as possible, add another show if needed. More people more $$$ for Tester.

Again this is from Adam's Center Website...

The Adams Center has the largest indoor seating capacity in western Montana accommodating an audience of around 5,500 for traditional concert seating or approximately 7,500 for a concert in the round. Capacities vary with stage size and FOH size. Please check with a venue representative before making specific ticket manifest plans.

All depends if they are going to fill seats behind the stage. This place is very small for PJ. Should be awesome. How about those emails!!!??

Go here and click Venue View... this place is just a big gym.

http://www2.umt.edu/griztix/Concert%20Venue.aspx
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    down_ski wrote:

this is going to be one hell of a show!!!

The floor is GA , not sure how many they will pack on the floor???

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Sweet... it almost sounds like everyone got tickets :?
    Tuesday, January 14th 5:00 PM PST: The drawing has now ended. Ten Club will start charging cards and sending out notification emails this evening. If you do not receive your notification email by Friday morning, please heck you junk mail folder. If you still can not find your drawing notification please email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> with the email subject "Missoula Drawing". Due to the start of the European tour we are receiving a high volume of emails, so your patience is appreciated.
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Tuesday, January 14th 5:00 PM PST: The drawing has now ended. Ten Club will start charging cards and sending out notification emails this evening. If you do not receive your notification email by Friday morning, please heck you junk mail folder. If you still can not find your drawing notification please email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> with the email subject "Missoula Drawing". Due to the start of the European tour we are receiving a high volume of emails, so your patience is appreciated.

F5..Repeat ...

Ugggggggggg
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    brittanymermaidbrittanymermaid Tulsa, OK Posts: 11
    Does anyone plan on staying at the Hutchins Hostel? It is right across from campus and super affordable - like $25 a night. Pretty bare bones but looks clean will be a fun party if it is all PJ fans. it was initially booked because they planned on closing for the weekend. They reopened it when they heard about the show.

I know I was born and I know that I'll die.
    The in between is mine.
    I. am. mine.
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    Does anyone plan on staying at the Hutchins Hostel? It is right across from campus and super affordable - like $25 a night. Pretty bare bones but looks clean will be a fun party if it is all PJ fans. it was initially booked because they planned on closing for the weekend. They reopened it when they heard about the show.

that place sounds amazing- do you have to bring your own bed bugs or do they provide your own jar upon checking in?
  • Options
    GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    SolarWorld wrote:

Thankfully it's not Tuesday, much less January! :lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    And how do you heck your email....

They need a communication mainger

Mispellled on porpise
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147