Question re; pre-marital sex...

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mostly something like 97% of all getting married is for ding-dongs and whatnots

:twisted: when you are single :mrgreen: you can have 7 or 11 girl friends :lol:

life sure is a son of a b....

:lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'm still a virgin. I like to torture him.

I think I just saw your nose in your picture start to grow!
    It's personal choice.

I would have had to wait 9 years, I don't think I could have done it. A girl I work with got married last year and both of them were virgins when they married, they're really happy together.

If you don't believe in waiting yourself I think it doesn't bode well for the realationship.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Claireack wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'm still a virgin. I like to torture him.

I think I just saw your nose in your picture start to grow!

as his balls from all this years of waiting...must be like...

issallos2.bmp
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Of my longer lasting relationships...
    only one is lifetime love but all included sex :mrgreen:

But I must say...
    to each their own and what's right for them!
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    If they feel strongly that they don't want to have sex before marriage but you want to, perhaps it would be best to part ways. Some people have very strong convictions about that kind of thing. If it's not a big deal to you and you end up not minding to wait until marriage, then go ahead and stay.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I know a guy who doesn't believe in pre marital sex...........he's been married and divorced 3 times and he's only 34.......no shit.

Doesn't believe in premarital sex, but divorce is okay?! Let me guess he is "religious"? :lol:

Maybe his ex-wives cheated on him....in some religions, that is an acceptable "out". Maybe they cheated on him because he is lousy in bed :lol: Practice makes perfect, right??
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    chadwick wrote:
    mostly something like 97% of all getting married is for ding-dongs and whatnots
    :lol: ouch my funny bone on this statement.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I had a discussion with my 74 year old mum about this topic recently.She is against pre-marital sex,she married my dad at 21,they were both virgins and were married 52 years before he passed away.
    I believe her thinking is generational,that is what happened in the 1940's/50's,they lived in a married society.It is now 2012.
    It is personal choice but at 42 and having only come frighteningly close to marriage once it was never going to be an option for no sex before marriage for me.

I have always needed to know that there would be compatibility in most areas of a relationship but especially with sex.I could cope if he only ever preferred vanilla ice cream while I preferred rocky road ice cream,I was less happy if he only ever preferred vanilla sex while I preferred rocky road sex.

Interestingly did anyone ever experience double standards growing up with having partners staying over? My brother always brought girlfriends home to sleep with him,it was never discussed.My sister and me were never allowed to have boyfriends stay over and we were reminded of that frequently.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    Stargirl69 - my mum was pretty good about boys in the house when I was a teenager. They didn't stop over, but if it was 2 in the morning and everyone else had gone to bed and the living room was free (I shared a room with my sister who's 17 years younger), well ..... Lets just say I became acquainted with the carpet. She said she'd rather I was indoors rather than up against a wall somewhere.

It's funny, but because she said it was Ok I didn't really want to, unless there was snow on the ground or heavy rain. With my brother - he's 2 years younger. I think he more often than not went to their houses. So I don't think there was a double standard with us really.

We were over 16 though. I don't think we'd have been able to do anything under 16.

P.s. there wasn't that many late night visitors anyway - just in case I sound like a bit of a slapper!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    If you don't have sex at some point before marriage, how do you know that your compatible sexually for the rest of your life?Maybe she will hate something that you'll want or vice versa...Not that I believe in whoreing around by any means,but sexually compatibility is a HUGE part of marriage...there is no way I'd want to find all that out after you have comitted to a lifetime together..Just for reference I've been married 20 years :D

I feel this way too. Some people are compatible that way and some aren't.

It really helps a marriage if there's a good fit between the couple in their bedroom. It helps couples stay together through difficult times if they get along well that way.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    stargirl69 wrote:
    I had a discussion with my 74 year old mum about this topic recently.She is against pre-marital sex,she married my dad at 21,they were both virgins and were married 52 years before he passed away.
    I believe her thinking is generational,that is what happened in the 1940's/50's,they lived in a married society.It is now 2012.
    It is personal choice but at 42 and having only come frighteningly close to marriage once it was never going to be an option for no sex before marriage for me.

I have always needed to know that there would be compatibility in most areas of a relationship but especially with sex.I could cope if he only ever preferred vanilla ice cream while I preferred rocky road ice cream,I was less happy if he only ever preferred vanilla sex while I preferred rocky road sex.

Interestingly did anyone ever experience double standards growing up with having partners staying over? My brother always brought girlfriends home to sleep with him,it was never discussed.My sister and me were never allowed to have boyfriends stay over and we were reminded of that frequently.
    i'd have snuck into your room. i snuck into many a girl friends' homes, basements, bedrooms, bedroom-basements, yards, attics, swimming pools, ponds and creeks. if there were girls with parents against me, it only made it more fun. i .... we were partying 12 feet from their folks upstairs or downstairs or in the garage or up a tree. :twisted:

:twisted: parents mean nothing girl & boys gotta love :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Claireack wrote:
    Stargirl69 - my mum was pretty good about boys in the house when I was a teenager. They didn't stop over, but if it was 2 in the morning and everyone else had gone to bed and the living room was free (I shared a room with my sister who's 17 years younger), well ..... Lets just say I became acquainted with the carpet. She said she'd rather I was indoors rather than up against a wall somewhere.

It's funny, but because she said it was Ok I didn't really want to, unless there was snow on the ground or heavy rain. With my brother - he's 2 years younger. I think he more often than not went to their houses. So I don't think there was a double standard with us really.

We were over 16 though. I don't think we'd have been able to do anything under 16.

P.s. there wasn't that many late night visitors anyway - just in case I sound like a bit of a slapper!

:lol: I never thought for once you were sounding like a slapper Claire ... skanky on the living room carpet maybe but a slapper never :lol:;)

My mum has held this strange belief that people only have sex late at night,missionary,in the dark with nighties still on :lol: :roll:
    Not at 6pm on a Saturday while she was downstairs watching the Generation Game and dad was in the pub.My brothers longtime girlfriend was a year older than me,she was 15 when they met.She began staying over soon after but for me and my sister that would never had happened,well :shifty: it did,she just never knew about it :silent: The bliss of ignorance or at least the ability to ignore

But we were also over 16 neither slappers either :D
    stargirl69 wrote:
    No double standards necessarily, although I had more boyfriends than my brother had girlfriends (I wasn't having sex with them, but more 'making out') when I was a teenager. Either way, it was a strict rule that I could not be in any room with any member of the opposite sex with the door closed. EVER. The only person my parents ever let stay here (and sleep in my bed with me) insofar as boyfriends was my ex-husband, and that's when we were married. I now live again with my parents (minus my mom now) due to circumstances and their health, I am a fully grown adult, and it is still not allowed for me to have any man in my room with the door closed (nor can he stay past 1 or 2 am without catching an attitude for it). As you said, that has been made very clear. However, if my brother was to bring someone here, I would bet my savings on nothing would be said to him (although I would hear the complaint after the fact).
    stargirl69 wrote:
    that would never had happened,well :shifty: it did,she just never knew about it :silent: The bliss of ignorance or at least the ability to ignore

But we were also over 16 neither slappers either :D
    :lol: this.
    EmBleve wrote:
    I am a fully grown adult, and it is still not allowed for me to have any man in my room with the door closed (nor can he stay past 1 or 2 am without catching an attitude for it)

Yep,hearing that.We were visiting and stayed over one night,we were put in different rooms,we weren't married but had been living together.I was 40 he was 45 :lol: utterly ridiculous! He was the one that told me not to make a fuss and not upset mum.
    stargirl69 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    I am a fully grown adult, and it is still not allowed for me to have any man in my room with the door closed (nor can he stay past 1 or 2 am without catching an attitude for it)

Yep,hearing that.We were visiting and stayed over one night,we were put in different rooms,we weren't married but had been living together.I was 40 he was 45 :lol: utterly ridiculous! He was the one that told me not to make a fuss and not upset mum.
    :lol: Yes! Totally relate. Well, that was nice of him, though. Respectful, always a positive thing.
    stargirl69 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

sneaking back and forth between rooms is a plus!

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

sneaking back and forth between rooms is a plus!

You sound like you have honed many skills when faced with the many obstacles of non-pre marital sex,Chad sir :D
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    My first wife did not believe in post marital sex :lol::cry:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    EmBleve wrote:
    :lol: Yes! Totally relate. Well, that was nice of him, though. Respectful, always a positive thing.

:lol: Yes he ends up looking like an alter boy in mum's eyes while I am deemed a succubus :D
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    granted, i came (pun intended) of age right after the women's/sexual revolution

i would never marry someone without trying out the equipment first
    this is especially true for women
    because face it, there is no such thing as an inadequate p**sy
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    stargirl69 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

:lol: Yes he ends up looking like an alter boy in mum's eyes while I am deemed a succubus :D
    but of course! :lol:
    mysticweed wrote:
    :lol: you said it honey.
    mysticweed wrote:

:lol::clap: :thumbup: Bravo!
    mysticweed wrote:

:lol::lol: damn right.. :fp: :fp: :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Carey wrote:
    Practice makes perfect, right??
    smart women is the best thing happen on this planet!!!period!!!!....
    My first wife did not believe in post marital sex :lol::cry:
    but she believes in premarital agreement,right? :fp: :lol:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I was a late-bloomer by choice, and by my history - I feel that sex (whether aside from or with loving the physical, ie, fucking part of it, which I do - woohoo for me!) is more intimate and personal for some than others. And I'd never, ever, poke fun at someone who sees it that or any other way and wants to preserve that intimacy until they feel it's right for them. It'd be tantamount to calling someone who enjoys sex free of emotional contraints a slut and whatever the male version of it would be.

Opening up to another - literally and figurative - is a big deal...well, it usually is. For me, it was. Sexual freedom is a beautiful thing and something I treasure, along with the perspective of seeing it as precious and not doled out to just anyone who comes along.

If one feels they can't handle the wait - then don't. But have the balls (so to speak) to say so without making the other feel inadequate for wanting to hold out.
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Carey wrote:
    I know a guy who doesn't believe in pre marital sex...........he's been married and divorced 3 times and he's only 34.......no shit.

Doesn't believe in premarital sex, but divorce is okay?! Let me guess he is "religious"? :lol:

Maybe his ex-wives cheated on him....in some religions, that is an acceptable "out". Maybe they cheated on him because he is lousy in bed :lol: Practice makes perfect, right??

LOL could be. I know imagine marrying him and then realizing he needs to be dressed like Hello Kitty and choking you to get off?!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    have some yes
This discussion has been closed.