Options

Take it for what it's worth.. Rumor. Boston.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    where there is smoke there is usually fire......

that being said, the band "holds" dates and then nothing happens..........hopefully they will play a couple of other shows around the philly date
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
    Crossing fingers this comes true. Early October would be sweet so I can catch a few Boston Bruins home games while in the city! :angel:
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    youngster wrote:
    iamloco724 wrote:
    me and my gf have been saying since the last time they were here that next time they come around we wanna try boston also i dont drive

im in brooklyn..what would be the best way to get to td garden from nyc via transit and is there and easy way to get back after a show or should i just stay over so i dont have to worry about night schedules

just asking this so im ready and i know when and if this is announced of i know if i can make it

Realistically, if driving is an option, that would be the most economical. Get a hotel in the area and take a train into the city. If transit is the way to go, I would say either the Amtrack or a bus. They both stop at South Station in Boston. From there take either a cab (more expensive) to the Garden which is about 2-3 miles away. Or from South Station just take the Red line train to Downtown Crossing, hop on the orange line train outbound to North Station and the Garden is right across the street.

thanks so if i take transit you think its better to stay over night and worry about getting home the next day or is it easy enough to get home the same night
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    and if anyone wanted that was in brooklyn/nyc area that wanted to give me and my gf ride to boston i wouldnt mind that lol
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    This would be too good to be true. This is the first east coast rumor I have heard...thought the yet to be announced dates were all west coast.

If this is true I'll be there...can't pass up a hometown show but I'll also be heading west for shows...
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    iamloco724 wrote:
    youngster wrote:
    iamloco724 wrote:
    me and my gf have been saying since the last time they were here that next time they come around we wanna try boston also i dont drive

im in brooklyn..what would be the best way to get to td garden from nyc via transit and is there and easy way to get back after a show or should i just stay over so i dont have to worry about night schedules

just asking this so im ready and i know when and if this is announced of i know if i can make it

Realistically, if driving is an option, that would be the most economical. Get a hotel in the area and take a train into the city. If transit is the way to go, I would say either the Amtrack or a bus. They both stop at South Station in Boston. From there take either a cab (more expensive) to the Garden which is about 2-3 miles away. Or from South Station just take the Red line train to Downtown Crossing, hop on the orange line train outbound to North Station and the Garden is right across the street.

thanks so if i take transit you think its better to stay over night and worry about getting home the next day or is it easy enough to get home the same night

I would. Show would get over late and an early train in the morning would get you back to NYC before noon.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,970
    Another Security guy Rumor :fp: :fp: the only thing they know is how to pull you up over those rails and throw you out of the shows and do this when you're about to lite a fatty up >>>> :nono: :nono:
    I completely agree!!!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    Boston got only one date during the 2010 tour ... And then nothing...
    So after two years?
    Hell yeah it's time they return to "Seattle East"!
    Home of the "zinn city rockers"

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    mjservs806mjservs806 Posts: 160
    locked wrote:
    Boston got only one date during the 2010 tour ... And then nothing...
    So after two years?
    Hell yeah it's time they return to "Seattle East"!
    Home of the "zinn city rockers"

;)

It would be nice to see more then one date at the TD garden if this rumor happens.. think there was only one day last time because of the celtics schedule and possibly because they played alot more shows in this area in 2010 then what they usually do and figured people in MA can travel not too far for the other shows...

Boston did however have tres mountains and eddie vedder last year (i know its not the same, but they deffinitly show alot of love to the east coast)

also wish the shows where at great woods instead but ill take what i can get.. :)
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    Any more news??
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    bump.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    Any more news??

Nothing yet but crossing fingers there will be. I need a Pearl Jam + Boston vacation, STAT!!!
  • Options
    Wasn't there a rumor about Pearl Jam playing Central Park in September? Boston... New York... 8-)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Read an article earlier mentioning Mansfield is bringing back $4 domestic drafts at shows. I always hope for shows inside the city limits but this combined with the "experiment" picture might just be a sign!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I'd love an update from the OP...
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I'd love an update from the OP...

I'll second that :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    All I know is that I heard since this is an 'election year' and Jeff supports Jon Tester, PJ will play in Montana this year.

if PJ plays Montana, that means they *should* play Seattle...it's about time!

If they play Boston, then I may get to see unlost and afroannnie again! or they can come out West too!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    All I know is that I heard since this is an 'election year' and Jeff supports Jon Tester, PJ will play in Montana this year.

If they play Boston, then I may get to see unlost and afroannnie again! or they can come out West too!

i hope you come out!
    and I LOVE your sig photo....hadn't noticed that before :D
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i hope you come out!

I like it. But it's not complete. It needs an animated Ed surfing in the middle of that wave. If somebody could animated that into this photo that would be awesome!!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i hope you come out!

I like it. But it's not complete. It needs an animated Ed surfing in the middle of that wave. If somebody could animated that into this photo that would be awesome!!

it WOULD be!
    peace,
    jo