Jenga

RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
ok, hopefully some of you have played it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrkxH-uMio_TRh2r00lRnfW3cwS5ZsXj0d1s8K7unEYG7vzdl1Pw

I've commissioned a friend to make a BIG life sized version for me:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPZrLXQsRpfRKsQPhoM8BxDodyjmgzHr7eXD7-6H9Igv7oPxGgNg
(the game will be played this weekend)

and the cool part is, I will be writing 'dares' on each piece that have to be accomplished, I have several ideas that I found and came up with, but I'd like some more ideas so I can toss the lame ones.

Here are some of my examples so you get the idea:

Gun Show-Bare your biceps and flex for everybody, the people sitting on your right and left drink 2 for the view.

GiveItAway GiveItAway GiveItAway NOW!-Give 1 and this block to another player to place on the tower.

Bob Dole Says-You must now refer to yourself in the third person for the rest of the game.

Full Metal Jacket-Give the tower a name, and only speak to it for the rest of the game.

Thumbing My Way-You must now only use your thumbs for the rest of the game.

No Guts, No Glory-You can no longer pull any center block.

Home Run-Walk around the group and drink one for every person you pass on your way.

Tipsy Toes-For the rest of the game, you may only pull pieces while standing on your toes.

Dick Dastardly-Have a mustache drawn on your face.

Norm!-Give 4 to your buddy.

the game may/may not include adult beverages, so keep that in mind. ;)

PJ people are so creative!, so give me more ideas, and PLEASE keep it clean! I don't want this thread to get locked!
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Well, this is impressive.

Dog Days: For the rest of the game, you communicate only in woofs, growls, howls and barks

Seven Hells: Your next move must be within seven rows of the previous move
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i like it. has potential to replace beer pong
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    maybe lefty righty....if you are right handed, you can only use yoru left going forward...or viceversa if you are lefty. :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Well, this is impressive.

Dog Days: For the rest of the game, you communicate only in woofs, growls, howls and barks

Seven Hells: Your next move must be within seven rows of the previous move

ooohhh! I have a 'Doggone It' block "Give 1 drink for every dog you have, if you don't have dogs drink 3"

i do like the Seven Hells! :thumbup:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    How about one that says the person must make robot/machine noises while removing/placing for the next X amount of turns.

Maybe integrate a large set of dice into some of the "dares' as well.
    81 wrote:
    maybe lefty righty....if you are right handed, you can only use yoru left going forward...or viceversa if you are lefty. :?:

That one is named "Hand Job" :oops: :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    MayDay10 wrote:
    How about one that says the person must make robot/machine noises while removing/placing for the next X amount of turns.

robot is good!

the dice one is"High Roller" roll the dice and give that many drinks away

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

robot is good!

the dice one is"High Roller" roll the dice and give that many drinks away

thats pretty good. You could probably also use it to determine # of turns for things like "Thumbing My Way". But then again, drinking makes it tough to keep accurate track of things like that.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    You brought back good memories for me just with the title.

I totally rock at Jenga. No one has beaten me. I haven't played in 20 years, but 20 years ago I was the Queen of Jenga. I LOVED that game!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I love Jenga!! I love the lifesize idea!! I have a Jenga game from when I was at summer camp. My friends and I did the truth or dare edition and wrote on all the blocks- we were 15 and at an all girls camp for 5 weeks. That shit was DIRTY!!! I won't write them here, but will gladly PM. 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    jello
    edited May 2012
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I love Jenga!! I love the lifesize idea!! I have a Jenga game from when I was at summer camp. My friends and I did the truth or dare edition and wrote on all the blocks- we were 15 and at an all girls camp for 5 weeks. That shit was DIRTY!!! I won't write them here, but will gladly PM. 8-)

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=318292
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RYEzupSF wrote:

:corn:
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I love Jenga,I was the Jenga master in our house for a long time
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    RYEzupSF wrote:

please :mrgreen:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Full-Bodied Brew--You and 5 game participants of your choosing...please proceed to make two jenga rows of yourself. Pictures are encouraged.

edit: lighter folks must go on the bottom. participants each decide on "upsies" or "downsies"
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Blind Man's Bluff--Your next turn must be taken blindfolded.
    you guys are hilarious!

I'm taking pictures when we play!

- Christopher McCandless
    edited May 2012
    RKCNDY wrote:
    you guys are hilarious!

web stream will work.

or just send an invite...

i could use a NW vacation.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    voidofman wrote:

:lol:
    i just thought of one....but it would only work for guys...and not sure i would want to watch that move. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    rollings wrote:
    voidofman wrote:

:lol:

came to me just now. :lol:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    you guys are hilarious!

web stream will work.

or just send an invite...

i could use a NW vacation.

50 acres of private property in Wenatchee (I can't say what we call it in the forum)

you are welcome to come out. Bring a tent and food. Looking like mid-to high 70s for the weekend.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    RKCNDY wrote:
    50 acres of private property in Wenatchee (I can't say what we call it in the forum)

you are welcome to come out. Bring a tent and food. Looking like mid-to high 70s for the weekend.

I love The Snatch!!! Have fun!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I love The Snatch!!! Have fun!

now, that's what she said.....
    81 wrote:
    i just thought of one....but it would only work for guys...and not sure i would want to watch that move. :lol:

ah, the ole "erector set" move
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I had the truth or dare version too! That was the shit!! IDK what happened to mine but I recently (yes, recently) replaced it with the original Jenga.

This life size version sounds legit.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Tongue Tie: You have to make your move using only your tongue.

Something a couple posts up made me think of that...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    I remember my friend and I visited his little sister in college once. She was like 18, and we were like 24 at the time. We were there with their family to watch her Field Hockey game as she was very good.

Hanging out in her living room, we uncovered a perverted Jenga game. It was a bit uncomfortable to see/read the pieces.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i played once...great game
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”