Marriage proposal idea..

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    81 wrote:

next time, you need to go there. great place to have a drink and enjoy the view.

i was weighing up between hancock and sears and sears won cause not only is it in my bueller mind but its taller. in this case size really did matter. ;):lol:
    There something growing in NY that might peak your interest ;)

oh i know... ive seen it. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    There something growing in NY that might peak your interest ;)

oh i know... ive seen it. :mrgreen:[/quote]
    It's ribbed :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

oh i know... ive seen it. :mrgreen:
    It's ribbed :mrgreen:

stop it. *shakes head*
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT AT ANOTHER WEDDING!!!!!!

BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • no good, think of a better idea.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT AT ANOTHER WEDDING!!!!!!

BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!

Yep +100

Have some sense to realise this is a Bad idea at another wedding
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    What does she like to do?

Propose then.

For instance, if I was proposed to at a Pearl Jam concert

HELL YES! kisses kisses big hugs . . . etc.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    So, I'm planning on doing it this summer, but don't know how yet.

My best friend is getting married in June and him and his fiancée want me to do it at their reception, have a song played and just me and my lady on the dance floor.

Good or bad idea?

I like the fact that it would be in front of a lot of friends, documented and we'd be dressed up nicely, but also worried it would take away from the specialness of that particular day..

Thoughts?

bad idea - you have good intentions but there is so much going on already.

Do something different and special between the both of you....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I hate the idea of a public proposal or really any sort of planned shenanigan.

But I know that some girls really dig it.

I think the best thing you can do is think about what SHE will want, instead of just a "good idea". What would she prefer?

Good luck!!!!
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Do it in a place with just the two of you... it should mean something to the two of you... Take her to the place your first met, where something significant happened... where it first occured to you that you wanted to marry her...

Doing it in front of everyone is too much pressure especially for her, plus one thing that she will want to do is tell everyone individually right after :lol: ... So you don't want to take that away from her.

+1
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Ugh.

I'd have killed Mr. Unlost if he proposed in front of anybody.

That was our moment, just the two of us.

Later we celebrated with family and friends. But that moment should be just the two of you.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    why now don't you proposing?
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Nope. Bad idea. Don't do it.
    ELITIST FUK
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Do it in a place with just the two of you... it should mean something to the two of you... Take her to the place your first met.
    I thought about this, but... Buffalo Wild Wings?.. I mean, it does feel like a special place, but I don't know. Lol
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    quiet not public

a big sky of stars...
    a deep green path in the woods...
    a bike ride by the ocean....
    none of the above but you!

think of backdrop, framing a moment, the most special to date
    a lovely beginning to the rest of your lives! :D
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Ugh.

I'd have killed Mr. Unlost if he proposed in front of anybody.

That was our moment, just the two of us.

Later we celebrated with family and friends. But that moment should be just the two of you.

That's exactly what I did. We were just at our apartment and I proposed....it was so much better that way. Had a party that night w/ family and friends to celebrate.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Agreed...NOT at a wedding, or anywhere around the wedding
    NOOOOoooooo!

At a PJ show..yes! On stage w PJ..yes! No???
    (send them a letter...is she a megafan too?)

Lacking that...

Quiet night on the beach, nothing but the stars in the sky, waves crashing gently on the shoreline, just the two of you, maybe sneak out under the pier, all ninja like, cool breeze, salty air, dip your feet in the sea and cuddle. Wait until she's all sleepy and contented...then POP the question. :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    uh...

figured it was easy stuff to tell someone you love them and wanna be with 'em (do i dare say) forever, yes/no?

simple pimple...

and do not propose at your friends' wedding, um no. maybe take her out back behind the wedding place and ask or in the restroom where y'all have privacy.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    yes, the restrooms at/or behind the wedding, definitely
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pandora wrote:
    quiet not public

a big sky of stars...
    a deep green path in the woods...
    a bike ride by the ocean....
    none of the above but you!

think of backdrop, framing a moment, the most special to date
    a lovely beginning to the rest of your lives! :D

97% of all marriages end in divorce because of 7 reasons

2. mice invaded the home
    3. mice carried in a plague that eats love
    6. david letterman retires
    and finally number 7. :corn: and :nono:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • covered in blisscovered in bliss Posts: 1,332
    StillHere wrote:
    NOOOOoooooo!

Lacking that...

Quiet night on the beach, nothing but the stars in the sky, waves crashing gently on the shoreline, just the two of you, maybe sneak out under the pier, all ninja like, cool breeze, salty air, dip your feet in the sea and cuddle. Wait until she's all sleepy and contented...then POP the question. :D

the beaches in chicago aren't too quiet at night. Here's an idea, though....

tell her that everyone is meeting at the beach on the morning of the wedding to watch the sunrise. (hopefully the weather will cooperate).

Pack a little breakfast basket with mimosa fixings (tell her everyone has to bring something) and when you get to the beach, act like you're early or pretend to text people to see if you're at the wrong beach. When the sun starts rising, pop the question!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    StillHere wrote:
    NOOOOoooooo!

Lacking that...

tell her that everyone is meeting at the beach on the morning of the wedding to watch the sunrise. (hopefully the weather will cooperate).

Pack a little breakfast basket with mimosa fixings (tell her everyone has to bring something) and when you get to the beach, act like you're early or pretend to text people to see if you're at the wrong beach. When the sun starts rising, pop the question!

replace sun rise with sunset. 5am is too early to get up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ya... it's early but the extra effort would make it more special...it's not that difficult to catch a sunset. A sunrise over lake Michigan is pretty gorgeous! using the wedding party people as an excuse would make it much more believable. If you picked a random morning, she would know that something was going on.
    StillHere wrote:
    NOOOOoooooo!

Lacking that...

very creative and beautiful

sunrise the beautiful beginning to each new day :D
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I can't believe how romantic everybody is. I'm impressed with the how much thought and creativity you put into planning your proposal.

My prince and I were driving to Baskin-Robbins and I was blathering on about finishing grad school. He said something like "We'll probably be married by then" and I said "Yeah, you're right." :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    I find ice cream to be very romanitc the older I get :D
    My prince and I were driving to Baskin-Robbins and I was blathering on about finishing grad school. He said something like "We'll probably be married by then" and I said "Yeah, you're right." :lol:

i was shoved into the wedge of a locked revolving door. :?: it just screamed 'romance'!
    Mine went a lot like this:

HIM: ya want to?
    ME: want to what?
    HIM: get married?
    ME: oh...that...yeah, sure OK

tippy top top of the romance scale right there brothers and sisters :D
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    for us ...
    a very cold strong autumn wind blew across Lake Michigan, we were on the point,
    the wind nearly knocking me over as he bent on one knee
    and asked...
    I shivered a yes, we ran back to the car! :D

many many moons ago....
    pandora wrote:
    for us ...
    a very cold strong autumn wind blew across Lake Michigan, we were on the point,
    the wind nearly knocking me over as he bent on one knee
    and asked...
    I shivered a yes, we ran back to the car! :D

many many moons ago....

so cute!
    peace,
    jo