Options

Fat Kid Rules The World .. 7" single are SHIPPING!!! :)

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    sonny wrote:
    so we are thinking that they will still honor the gifts (somehow) even if they don't meet their goal, correct? fingers crossed!
    If they don't meet their goal, they won't take your money and there won't be gifts.

But I think they will make it :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,922
    $2877 to go to reach the $150,000 goal. Excellent!!! :D
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    humpday bump
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    YEAH BABY!! It's been funded....
  • Options
    Yay! :D:D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    homer_woohoo.jpg

We did it!!!! :D
  • Options
  • Options
    Check this out: http://www.tugg.com/titles/fat-kid-rule ... 9le1o7cSPB

I'm not sure how this works but I think Matthew Lillard had said that you only need to have 10 people wanting to attend the screening in your location, and they will send a reel to your local movie theatre to show the movie. 10 sounds low to me, though, but I could have sworn that's what he said. He called Tugg.com "Groupon for movies". I don't have time to look into this but if someone does, please post info here! Maybe folks can get together to watch this :D
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Check this out: http://www.tugg.com/titles/fat-kid-rule ... 9le1o7cSPB

I'm not sure how this works but I think Matthew Lillard had said that you only need to have 10 people wanting to attend the screening in your location, and they will send a reel to your local movie theatre to show the movie. 10 sounds low to me, though, but I could have sworn that's what he said. He called Tugg.com "Groupon for movies". I don't have time to look into this but if someone does, please post info here! Maybe folks can get together to watch this :D

Just applied. Would be awesome to get a local screening of the film here in Halifax. Would be great to see this @ the Oxford Theatre as they are celebrating their 75th Anni.
  • Options
    This project will be funded on Saturday Jun 16, 3:00am EDT.

8-)
  • Options
    Screenings through tugg.com scheduled so far:

Jun. 20, Salt Lake City, UT, 7:30pm at Gateway Megaplex 12
    Jun. 21, Denver, CO, 7:30pm at AMC Cherry Creek 8
    Jun. 25, Las Vegas, NV, 7:30pm at Rave Town 18
    Jun. 26, Tustin, CA, 7:30pm at AMC Tustin 14
    Jul. 10, Houston, TX, 7:30pm at Premiere Renaissance

http://tuggthefatkid.com/
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Actually, think I will start a new thread for the screenings, since the fundraiser is done and there are no more goodies to be had :)
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    Tried for a Canadian showing. No luck. :(

Might have to bootleg a copy across the border. :corn:
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    Pledge $75 or more

DVD of the film. As soon as it's out, we'll send you a hard copy DVD of the full length feature. We'll also send you the download of the short and the bumper sticker and thank you!
    Estimated Delivery: Aug 2012

I sent Matthew a message about if this one will also get the 7" since everything after $50 gets it, but for some reason this did not list it.....

And he said yessir it does!!! Glad i went with that!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Matthew Lillard is on Mohr Stories podcast this week discussing the film. Sounds very cool.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Matthew Lillard is on Mohr Stories podcast this week discussing the film. Sounds very cool.

Thanks man! :)

http://castroller.com/Podcasts/MohrStories/2914123
  • Options
    Did people get their goodies yet?
  • Options
    OK nevermind, just saw Matthew Lillard's response to someone's question on Kickstarter.

We haven't shipped rewards yet, but you'll get it!!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    OK nevermind, just saw Matthew Lillard's response to someone's question on Kickstarter.

We haven't shipped rewards yet, but you'll get it!!

Just sent him a message last night about it. Now we all know. :)
  • Options
    Any updated on this?

76Ssr.jpg?1
  • Options
    where my shit?
    no time this time to feign reluctance
  • Options
    where my shit?

I heard something around the middle of Sept? the goodies will be shipping out.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    where my shit?

I heard something around the middle of Sept? the goodies will be shipping out.
    :evil: That's not what the original Kickstarter page said. It's not a big deal, I just feel slightly deceived.
  • Options
    Let's tap the breaks. "deceived" is a big word that would include intent . I don't believe that this was some grand scheme to bank $150k. That would be a terrible grift. It's just taking longer than expected. Lots of moving parts for what's prolly a handful of people. No big deal.
    I was just wondering out loud if anyone had received their gift or had any info
  • Options
    Let's tap the breaks. "deceived" is a big word that would include intent . I don't believe that this was some grand scheme to bank $150k. That would be a terrible grift. It's just taking longer than expected. Lots of moving parts for what's prolly a handful of people. No big deal.
    My feeling deceived has nothing to do with intent. It's how I *feel*. Like I said, it's not a big deal that I don't have my stuff, but it doesn't change the fact that they did not deliver what was promised to people who helped raised the funds. I'm not accusing anyone of stealing $150k, I know this was used to fund the movie and I still support the project 100%. However, an update would be nice since the promise was to deliver the gifts in June 2012. That's all. One email.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    My feeling deceived has nothing to do with intent. It's how I *feel*. Like I said, it's not a big deal that I don't have my stuff, but it doesn't change the fact that they did not deliver what was promised to people who helped raised the funds. I'm not accusing anyone of stealing $150k, I know this was used to fund the movie and I still support the project 100%. However, an update would be nice since the promise was to deliver the gifts in June 2012. That's all. One email.

An update would be great! One thing i've noticed is all the changed dates on the Pledges over @ http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/149 ... he-world-0

The vinyl does say Est. delivery: Sep 2012 so that is still, hopefully, coming this month? The DVD say's Aug '12 which has passed but then if you see the 100 dollar Pledge (which includes the DVD & vinyl), that comes out Aug 2013?
  • Options
    THIS JUST IN

Project Update #35: REWARDS - VOD
    Posted by matthew lillard
    Hey, Everybody!!

Wanted to just give you a little update on how things are proceeding on the FAT KID front! We have had - to date - more than 1000 requests for Tugg screenings of FAT KID RULES THE WORLD. Hopefully, it has come to a city near you! If not, you can always just email me and I will help make your screening happen!

If you're not up for organizing a screening, we wanted to let you know that FAT KID will be playing in limited regular bookings starting October 5 in NYC at the Cinema Village. Cast members and crew will be there opening night, so if you are in the big apple come on by and say hi!

We will also be opening in additional markets in the weeks that follow:

October 12 - Los Angeles (Laemmle Noho)/(Laemmle Pasadena)

October 19 - San Francisco - Metreon

October 19 - Seattle - SIFF

October 19 - Palm Springs - Palm D'Or

October 25 - Atlanta - Plaza

November 9 - Tempe - Valley Art

We have additional bookings in the works. Check out our Facebook page for up to the minute updates!

If you cannot make any of those dates, we will be coming out on VOD starting October 25!!
    As for the rewards, 7 inches have arrived. Bumper stickers are on the way. That stuff will be going out shortly! The big hold up for the rest of the stuff is the DVD as we have to wait until the DVDs come in before we can ship them (weird, I know). But we are on track to have DVDs available January and will endeavor to get all of the rest of the rewards out just as soon as those come in.
    Thank you for your patience, your support and your love for the FAT!! Please feel free to email with any questions!

Much Love,

Matt

WOW
    They got a bunch of my scrilla. like stacks.
    i was under... i was made to... i believed that i would have my rewards back in august. it's september and now they promise January?
  • Options
    I just got a response from Matt about the rewards...if you are expecting a DVD, then, yes, you will have to wait until January for your rewards package. If you are just expecting the vinyl and bumper sticker, those should go out soon.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    I just got a response from Matt about the rewards...if you are expecting a DVD, then, yes, you will have to wait until January for your rewards package. If you are just expecting the vinyl and bumper sticker, those should go out soon.

Great! The latest update I've received is the http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/149 ... f=activity ; the post before yours here.

Wish that the film was available for screenings up here in Canada. Hopefully this film will catch some bootleggers radar down in the US to get this film torrented out. :twisted:
  • Options
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/149 ... e-world-0/

hey, hey!! The 7" vinyls are in so please send fill out your address so we can get them out to you with your bumper sticker! woot. Look for us at your local theater starting 10/5 and then on VOD starting 10/25!