Quitting smoking today...

2»

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I have heard good things about that book.

e-cigs worked very well for me.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    76hrs in...doing ok. E-cigs seem to be helping. Had a slip up this morning dealing with Mothers Day, but only took 2-3 puffs & threw it out. Tasted terrible. Have a friend who has that book mentioned above, will give that a read. Already notice a slight breathing improvement.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    pjradio wrote:
    76hrs in...doing ok. E-cigs seem to be helping. Had a slip up this morning dealing with Mothers Day, but only took 2-3 puffs & threw it out. Tasted terrible. Have a friend who has that book mentioned above, will give that a read. Already notice a slight breathing improvement.

Good for you,having a few drags and wanting to throw it away definitely sounds like progress to me! :D
    Keep counting your hours/days,that really helped me when I quit smoking pot :oops: :lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    pjradio wrote:

That's awesome! You should be proud of making it this far! Hopefully the worst is over.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    Good for you,having a few drags and wanting to throw it away definitely sounds like progress to me! :D
    Keep counting your hours/days,that really helped me when I quit smoking pot :oops: :lol:
    JaneNY wrote:
    That's awesome! You should be proud of making it this far! Hopefully the worst is over.

thx guys!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    It's very hard as I have been trying to get some friends and family as I seem to have developed an allergy to nicotine smoke, something about the chemicals gives me a headache.

I never wanted to be one of those people that hates smokers as I know it's not their fault and it's easy to sit up on a perch and judge others' addiction issues.

I've suggested natural tobacco to them but who knows if that is worse? But I've heard some bad things about the e-cigarette, such that it might be worse than actual cigarettes.
    marcos wrote:
    But I've heard some bad things about the e-cigarette, such that it might be worse than actual cigarettes.

Same here, nothing definite though. just trying to get out of the habit of inhaling the chemicals in real cigs that I KNOW will kill me..& so far the e-cigs are helping me do that. June 1st is next step...getting rid of Nicotine period. One step at a time.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Just saw this. Good for you! Don't let the slip-ups get you down, they are bound to happen. Just get right back on it.

I'm not sure if you work for a decent-sized employer but if you do, there might be tools and support available to you that you don't even know about. Worth asking your HR person if you're not sure. Sometimes smoking cessation prescriptions like Chantix and Zyband may even be covered if you think you need it, but I hear you generally need to pair the drugs with some form of coaching and behavior modification for it to be effective. Or if you take Chantix on your own, it might actually come with a free coaching program. Someone also mentioned some states having free resources, definitely look into that as well!

I don't smoke, but my dad did for years and years and years, he quit when 11 years ago, two weeks before he had to get a heart bypass surgery. Such a shame it had to come to that. I'm glad you're making the decision to do this now. :D
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    How is this working out for you? Did you kick the habit?
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'