The Amazing Spiderman movie

2»

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I saw it a second time tuesday night and I think I have figured out what the after credits part meant.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    RiotZact wrote:
    I saw it a second time tuesday night and I think I have figured out what the after credits part meant.

Marvel and there making you stay for credits :twisted:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

It's actually not after the credits it's in the middle of them like the Thanos part of the Avengers.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    RiotZact wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

It's actually not after the credits it's in the middle of them like the Thanos part of the Avengers.

Wait you didn't stay until the very very end? the Venom Teaser?
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,044
    Dark Night Rises is the one to beat...until the Hobbit part 1 comes out! :D

This, Dark Knight will bring in some numbers but I think the Hobbit will be the ultimate winner when said and done.. Dark Knight has the edge just cause it's released earlier... I gotta be honest though, as good as the new Batman trilogy has been, CB has done great, I'm always going to like Batman and Batman Begins the best with Keaton and just the way Tim Burton did those movies...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    Attaway77 wrote:

This, Dark Knight will bring in some numbers but I think the Hobbit will be the ultimate winner when said and done.. Dark Knight has the edge just cause it's released earlier... I gotta be honest though, as good as the new Batman trilogy has been, CB has done great, I'm always going to like Batman and Batman Begins the best with Keaton and just the way Tim Burton did those movies...

one to beat? as far as box office numbers? I think this year is the year of the Avengers. It already has over $600 million. Dark Knight Rises will do well but not Avengers well.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Attaway77 wrote:

one to beat? as far as box office numbers? I think this year is the year of the Avengers. It already has over $600 million. Dark Knight Rises will do well but not Avengers well.

Correct, even if more people go to see the dark night it still wouldn't have more because it won't be available in 3d. I may even be so bold as to say that it may have a hard time beating spiderman for the same reason.

I'm excited to see how it does this weekend.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Attaway77 wrote:

if Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen can do 400M domestic, Dark Knight should be able to do a 1B domestic :lol:

i'm gonna call 550M as the O/U for Dark Knight
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Creed also sold more records than PJ in the early 2000's ;)

$$, big deal. I know kids will see Batman, but some parents definitely are more inclined to let them see Avengers or Spiderman... Those films aren't as dark and gritty. Plus the 3D money.

Twilight makes a Ton of $$ too and those films are terrible.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Superhero movies make a Ton of $$ too and those films are all the same/similar.

I had no idea a new Spiderman movie was coming out until this morning. So they are remaking the same movies as the ones that just came out? And people are going?
    MayDay10 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Superhero movies make a Ton of $$ too and those films are all the same/similar.

I had no idea a new Spiderman movie was coming out until this morning. So they are remaking the same movies as the ones that just came out? And people are going?

Hey, If your gonna do it...do it well. The Batman movies NEEDED a reboot, after this next one we will see if the guaranteed reboot a few years later will be worth it. Batman and Robin, Batman Forever needed to be far from our minds. Spiderman, except for the 3rd one was pretty good. This one looks similar to the 1st.

Nolan had success before Batman, during Batman, and will after Batman. Its really the team around him, and his story telling is second to none in this genre. People say it would be impossible to top the last film, I think he took it as a challenge and from the looks of it...This one will be very good. Its also been 4 years since TDK....most people(cough Michael Bay cough) would have had 2 sequels by now. I have faith in the filmaker....He's no Joel Shumacher ;)
    Yes I was just talking in terms of $$ not quality. However I do think that the dark night rises will be one of the most over anticipated movies ever, a great movie but nothing close to the hype it is getting. I hope I'm wrong but so far I've seen zero reasons to believe it will be anywhere near as good as the dark night.